News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

hopemax

Some may, but others may not. Depends what kind of annual pass they had. The IncrediPass is over $1k and the Sorcerers pass is $969. Couple it with discounts and this could actually be a benefits cut for anyone who had made use of it.
I can't imagine being the parent with multiple kids and having to go home to tell your spouse and your kids that the park admissions are going away, and they now only get $1000.

GrumpyFan

If you complain, you don't make enough, perks taking away , and not willing step up to earn more/ restructure , downsize your life through other ways, then little sympathy... Your post doesn't make sense.
Getting a bit off-topic, but this seems like a harsh response. I know the firefighters and RCID had been back and forth on contract negotiations for awhile, and CFTOD finally settled and approved a new contract. But, attacking them for “complaining”, and suggesting they need to work more or downsize their life is way over the line.
I don’t know all the details, but I’m firmly on the side of supporting them and compensating them with a good wage.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Getting a bit off-topic, but this seems like a harsh response. I know the firefighters and RCID had been back and forth on contract negotiates for awhile, and CFTOD finally settled and approved a new contract. But, attacking them for “complaining”, and suggesting they need to work more or downsize their life is way over the line.
I don’t know all the details, but I’m firmly on the side of supporting them and compensating them with a good wage.
It's not a situation specific response, just blind sycophancy. You're not supposed to question your betters, just do what you're told and work harder to please them.

Lilofan

Getting a bit off-topic, but this seems like a harsh response. I know the firefighters and RCID had been back and forth on contract negotiates for awhile, and CFTOD finally settled and approved a new contract. But, attacking them for “complaining”, and suggesting they need to work more or downsize their life is way over the line.
After going back and forth with negotiations , contract was approved.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Goofyernmost

This the best type of misdirection. It's technically true, while giving the wrong impression. Since, certainly, the taxpayers should be upset by this wasteful spending, and we're all taxpayers right? Right?

If they had written "it cost taxpayers to RCID over $2.5 million" it would lose some if it's impact. As people began think, "I don't pay taxes to RCID, so it's some other taxpayer that should be concerned". If it was clear that the taxpayers to RCID all voted and desired to spend the money this way, it would lose a lot of the PR impact. 🤷‍♂️
Exactly, the primary and by far the largest taxpayer to RCID was Disney, so they just gave a refund to the only major taxpayer that they have. What a crock of crap and grossly misleading that entire previous post is. It is implying that it is the Florida Taxpayers that financially supported RCID. Do people no longer have a working brain cell or have we become so evil as a society that we just want to believe the worst of everything.

JAB

j__o__e__

That's interesting since it was never tied to taxpayer money before. So here come the additional bills to Florida taxpayers, on top of desantis' presidential campaign and travel expenses which have been hidden from the people who are paying for them, all while he isn't working as governor.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
That's interesting since it was never tied to taxpayer money before. So here come the additional bills to Florida taxpayers, on top of desantis' presidential campaign and travel expenses which have been hidden from the people who are paying for them, all while he isn't working as governor.

The previous benefits or the stipend? Both are paid from District revenues. Which are tax assessments on District property owners.

TtocsMc

Do you understand that every time the district says “taxpayer” they are referring to the taxpayers of the district, and the vast majority of those tax payers are the Walt Disney World company? It is not the taxpayers of the state of Florida. This is how they are misrepresenting the situation in the media and people don’t know any better, or don’t take the time to actually pay attention to the details.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom