News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

GoofGoof

Premium Member
No, and this gets to Disney’s argument for mootness. If the federal courts uphold SB 1604 there is no state case because the District didn‘t re-enter the agreements as required by the law. SB 1604 does not provide for an opt-out, it requires a second opt-in.
Yeah, I’m saying if the state case went first Disney could have a win in court saying the contracts themselves were legal and valid when signed but then if they later lose in Federal court and SB 1604 is upheld as legal then the contracts are invalidated by that bill anyway. Or said another way it makes more sense to decide the Federal case first because if SB 1604 is upheld then the contracts in question in state court don’t exist anymore. If Disney wins in Federal court and SB 1604 is reversed then the district could still win their case in state court to invalidate the contracts. Of course I think one outcome of the Federal case could be the Governor appointed board is replaced with the old RCID structure and then the “district” would likely drop their state lawsuit.

JAB

What the hell is it? I could not make hide nor hair of it.
In a nutshell, an unaffiliated third party (i.e. random person) submitted a bunch of anti-DeSantis claims to the court that have nothing to do with the case - accusing him of bribing law enforcement, misappropriating state funds to bus illegal immigrants to another state, etc. I'm no fan of DeSantis, but this just reads like an ideologue blindly regurgitating political talking points.

GCTales

Over in Disney v DeSantis, one of the craziest amicus briefs I've seen.
Wow.. talk about deep rabbit hole bat crazy claims

The English is so bad on some of the claims that I had to read it several times to try to figure out what was really being said. I am still not sure I fully comprehend what this person is saying / claiming - other than Mr DeSantis is a bad boy.

flyakite

NOTICE OF MEETING
YOU WILL PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that on July 26 th at 9:30 a.m., or as soon thereafter as practicable, the Board of Supervisors of the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District will meet in regular session at 1900 Hotel Plaza Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Florida. At that time, they will consider such business as may properly come before them.

drnilescrane

If anybody is particularly bored:

The hearing link set forth below will be available through WebEx for counsel/parties/others to attend remotely. No prior Motion or Order is required.

The WebEx link is: https://ninthcircuit.webex.com/meet/division35

To join by telephone (through WebEx only): (to be used only in the event of technical difficulties with videoconference)
+1-904-900-2303 United States Toll (Jacksonville) +1-408-418-9388 United States Toll
Access code: 2344 322 8983 #

All parties appearing via WebEx shall:
a. identify their last name and organization (as appropriate), on their screen;
b. mute themselves upon entry into the virtual room;
c. remain muted throughout the proceeding. The Court reserves the right to remove any person not complying with this request

Attachments

• Doc-2.pdf
    135.6 KB · Views: 122

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom