Redo dinoland

dman1373

Original Poster
Dinoland has always been the worst land in Disney world......the theme is ty roadside carnival. The only redeeming quality is the dinosaur ride. Now that primevil whirl is done and all of the games are closed, how do you save dinoland.

cookiee_munster

Dinoland has always been the worst land in Disney world......the theme is ****ty roadside carnival. The only redeeming quality is the dinosaur ride. Now that primevil whirl is done and all of the games are closed, how do you save dinoland.

Dinoland pre-Chester & Hester was pretty good. unfortunately, the roadside carnival theme slightly cheapened the whole theme of the land. hopefully with the closure of Primeval Whirl will see the removal of all of that area and have something else more permanent looking built in its place. I'm all for that excavator rollercoaster that was originally planned.

Disstevefan1

It needs to be bulldozed and a edutainment dinosaur area should be added. But right now for WDW the focus is on surviving COVID. We are a long way from improvements to this land!

tanc

Dinoland is easily the worst park land of any WDW park to me. I went there was like "...what? I'm in a Disney park, like is this a joke?" and I'm not kidding. I literally just thought it was such a waste of space. Dinoland would be awesome if they actually had cool dinos to work with.

Last edited:

John park hopper

With todays electronics, animatronics and animation there is so much they could do and doesn't
have to be based on some IP. What young kid isn't sacred, fascinated by dinosaurs heck I'm still fascinate by dinosaurs. Agree, current conditions are a joke and not worthy of Disney, seems Disney just doesn't care as long as people still go --IMO SAD

Cmdr_Crimson

At this point they shoud move Triceratop spin to TSL add Trixie to it and bring the excavator coaster we've been waiting for...
ak+dinos+7.jpg

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Walt didn’t want his parks to resemble “Carnivals” in anyway and....that’s exactly what Dinoland is. Keep Dinosaur and gut the whole land and make it into something really cool with a dinosaur theme
Yeah he didn't even want cotton candy, or "spinny candy" as he called it, because of the mess it could make. He also didn't want alcohol because of what he called the "element of rowdiness" that it could introduce to the parks. The parks have not been what Walt would have liked for years and years and I don't see how that can be disputed. I agree that it has a "carnival" atmosphere and that's the exact reason of why I hate it so badly.

ppete1975

demo the whole carnival area, put in some quick service trailers and a nice merch shop then just put an area of tables with coverings and tons of fans, basically make it like a disneyfied food truck area (more american style food, for people that dont like anything new or have picky kids) that is 20 degrees cooler than the rest of the park and get people some sun protection. BTW i love trying the other food.. but we all know how picky some people are.
Then in 10 years when they catch up on cash, and projects already announced, then put something cool here. Right now with the current status of everything i wouldnt put much money into the area, and whatever is done should be considered a cheap bulldoze for something else later.

Moka

don’t know but after this pandemic if we were close to getting something out of there we are now years away lol

NelleBelle

I love Joe Rhode, but honestly, what the @#$% was he on when this idea was pulled??? I love the idea of dinosaurs (although really? Studios up the road has Jurassic Park IP) it could have been done so much better! My kids loved the dig/play area when they were younger. But that's about it. I feel like when I walk through it's to a disneyfied-white trash trailer park/carny show that makes me want to scour myself in Lysol! Here is a park that paid such beautiful attention to detail in all the other "regions" of the world and then you get over here and it's so tacky and disgusting! I'm not a huge fan of the Dinosaur ride as it really ends up hurting my neck (the Indy ride at DL doesn't seem to do that) but would love it they could make it a more realistic paleontology atmosphere (thinking of Dinosaur National Monument in Utah/Colo.)
colorado-yampa-003-1024x680.jpg

rk03221

I love Joe Rhode, but honestly, what the @#$% was he on when this idea was pulled??? I love the idea of dinosaurs (although really? Studios up the road has Jurassic Park IP) it could have been done so much better! My kids loved the dig/play area when they were younger. But that's about it. I feel like when I walk through it's to a disneyfied-white trash trailer park/carny show that makes me want to scour myself in Lysol! Here is a park that paid such beautiful attention to detail in all the other "regions" of the world and then you get over here and it's so tacky and disgusting! I'm not a huge fan of the Dinosaur ride as it really ends up hurting my neck (the Indy ride at DL doesn't seem to do that) but would love it they could make it a more realistic paleontology atmosphere (thinking of Dinosaur National Monument in Utah/Colo.)

It wasn’t Rhodes fault...it was Eisners because he was so cheap about everything

JusticeDisney

I agree with those saying Dinoland needs to go. It really is akin to a freaking carnival. So below Disney standards, it’s downright embarrassing. The concept of a Dinosaur land is totally fine with me, but if you’re going to do it, do it the Disney way!

NelleBelle

It wasn’t Rhodes fault...it was Eisners because he was so cheap about everything
I can understand that Eisner was tight with the budget. But Eisner didn't come up with that hideous concept. I love Rhode's vision for the rest of the park. It's beautiful! But Imagineering totally dropped the ball, imo, in that section of the park. It's just an absolute jarring eyesore after walking around the rest of the park. Like I said, LOVE Rhode, hate this concept.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom