Redo dinoland

The Grand Inquisitor

I know I've said this before in a few different threads, but... Disney DOES now own the rights to Ice Age.
According to Jim Hill this was a proposal a year back. This could honestly work really well. My idea would turn the entire area into a Ice Age land or build a Jungle Book land and have it be a extension of Asia.

Dinoland pretty much hurt my heart every time I seen those ridiculous looking county fair games. It was like leaving a theme park and entering a trailer park. LOL! I mean I guess, technically speaking, there are shameless cash grab games elsewhere like the shooting range in Frontier Land but at least those fit in seamlessly with the land around it.

This is a little offensive. Some of us have no option other to live in a trailer park. Where I live we-the owner of the land is the sole landlord-and we put together a covenant that requires standards for cleanliness and upkeep. He made that a part of every new rental contract. Sort of an HOA. I am proud of where I live and how we have made it a respectable place to live.

cookiee_munster

Attachments

• Animal Kingdom New NEW Logo.jpg
    Animal Kingdom New NEW Logo.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 71

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Animal Kingdom needs to have Dinosaurs. It's definitely something for the boys (and girls) to have a draw to... Plus Dinosaur geeks.

On top of that, Dinosaurs just work so well for AK's theming. If AK existed without any Dinosaurs, I would be so heartbroken.

DVCakaCarlF

Animal Kingdom needs to have Dinosaurs. It's definitely something for the boys (and girls) to have a draw to... Plus Dinosaur geeks.

On top of that, Dinosaurs just work so well for AK's theming. If AK existed without any Dinosaurs, I would be so heartbroken.
Fine, but make it a mini Jurassic park or whatever.

doctornick

Or... it’s own thing. Maybe not a carnival. But go with their original plan instead, or extend the Dino institute theme.

Yeah. The "problem" is with Dinorama. Raze that and put in an Excavator coaster or expand the Dino Institute to have a slower dark ride where you explore a "zoo" of sick dinos they've brought back from the past and nursed back to health (an experience kinda like UoE was but without the awkward energy tie in). DAK absolutely should continue to have a presence with dinosaurs and there is nothing wrong with Dinosaur (the ride), the Boneyard and Restaurantasaurus. Even the kitchy gift shop would be fine in isolation.

NiarrNDisney

Since Primeval Whirl is being removed obviously another attraction is needed in Dinoland to spread the crowds among the lands and to sate the thrill/"E" ticket seekers appetite so another coaster should fill these needs for DAK. I'm not sure how much space would be needed though I am guessing there is more space available outside the plot PW sits on so here's what I'm thinking: If Fun Spot Orlando can make a pretty decent wood coaster then why can't the Mouse? Remove all traces of the colorful roadside "attractions", build a real wood coaster medium sized so it's still family friendly and dub it the Excavator.
While that's happening why not: Move and retheme TriceraTop Spin to DHS's Toy Story Land and build a few small "kiddie" attractions so the littles who aren't tall enough for the coaster have something to do besides the Dig Site playground. Revert back to Countdown to Extinction with all of its thrills and scares. Up the educational aspect of Paleontology to the land adding more exhibits so the guests feel immersed in the Dinosaur Institute backstory and steer the theming away from anything that could be compared to the park down the street so it has its own identity. Keep the"dorms" theme of RestaurantoSaurus so it has the fun lighthearted backstory to the area but settle on a menu that is consistent (I'm thinking a D-Luxe Burger inside the park) and finally create a small Vegetarian restaurant themed towards the Herbivore dinos so those with specific diets have an actual spot geared to them in the park. I think if implemented properly it would be a great revamp for Dinoland USA and help fill out the park as a whole.

Last edited:

Lora Baines Bradley

One of my favorite places in the parks is Restaurantasarus, mainly because I have a really good memory of my boyfriend and I walking through the restaurant and looking at all the different details. The meta of Dinoland springing up next to the Dino Institute due to its popularity is fantastic. Unfortunately I feel it's lost on most tourists.

GimpYancIent

One of my favorite places in the parks is Restaurantasarus, mainly because I have a really good memory of my boyfriend and I walking through the restaurant and looking at all the different details. The meta of Dinoland springing up next to the Dino Institute due to its popularity is fantastic. Unfortunately I feel it's lost on most tourists.
Eaten there many times. Very good, very enjoyable the kids had a blast. The stand out for the area in the land has been the Bone Yard. For such a simple concept and experience the kids do not want to leave once into playing there. I say expand it, make it a bigger archeological dig site for the kids to enjoy.

cookiee_munster

I had a great breakfast there about 20yrs ago :) it certainly left its mark on me, i can't remember any other eataries at the world apart from that one :)

I'd be sad to see the dino theme go altogether. If ot were to be replaced with something else i would want it to be an actual part of the world and not some IP. BUT - If it's somewhere like South America (im just using that as an example) and an indy ride were to be overlayed onto Dinosaur i wouldn't be too disheartened.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom