Red Sox in Disney?

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
Is Mike Lowell or any members of the Red Sox going to Disney World? I didn't see anything and figured it would be news if they were.

brisem

It seems the only thing announce so far is the Parade is scheduled for Boston Tomorrow starting at noon

Yeah, another victorious year for me. The Red Sox win now, and the Patriots will be again in February. Now if only we could get the Celtics and Bruins to win for once. Even though the Revolution haven't won, they've made it extremely far for the past three or four years. Boston is the sports capital of the country!

CubsRock

exactly (even though I don't like the colts either), and just because teams are winning now doesn't designate a city sports capital of the country. History, fans, the types of sports played all factor in to that, and I would say Indy, New York, LA, and Chicago are up there too. Some of them maybe even more of a sports town than Bean Town. Back on track, in all likelyhood if the Red Sox visited WDW after the 2004 series, they will visit again this time around. Its just a matter of scheduling.

AEfx

I hope not, LOL. I'm from New England and going to WDW in a few days and hoping to get away from it all.

AEfx

bgraham34

That would be awesome if any one of them showed up in Disney. Its an added treat is your at the world this time of year.

AEfx

I don't think the parks are big enough for all those egos...

LOL whole-heartedly agree (in a lighthearted way of course).

It's funny, I can't even run errands around town without seeing all kinds of FANS walking around with their chests stuck out talking about this like they personally just saved Earth from certain destruction.

I guess I would sort of care if the Red Sox players actually were locals, but I have a hard time getting all this "pride" just because the business is located here and just hired the right people from around the country. I can appriciate the business side of it, but I just can't feel this "pride" everyone seems to be walking around with.

That's just me, though - but I do find all the straight-male man-crushes to be amusing. :)

AEfx

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
LOL whole-heartedly agree (in a lighthearted way of course).

It's funny, I can't even run errands around town without seeing all kinds of FANS walking around with their chests stuck out talking about this like they personally just saved Earth from certain destruction.

I guess I would sort of care if the Red Sox players actually were locals, but I have a hard time getting all this "pride" just because the business is located here and just hired the right people from around the country. I can appriciate the business side of it, but I just can't feel this "pride" everyone seems to be walking around with.

That's just me, though - but I do find all the straight-male man-crushes to be amusing. :)

AEfx

Yes, it's a business...but don't forget that luck does play a part of it...

College sports are the same way...they just recruit using scholarships.

BTW...what do you mean? Dice-K isn't from Boston? :lookaroun

AEfx

Yes, it's a business...but don't forget that luck does play a part of it...

College sports are the same way...they just recruit using scholarships.

BTW...what do you mean? Dice-K isn't from Boston? :lookaroun

Oh, I'm afraid this is getting way-off topic now, but luck is great - but I don't get the connection between all the people walking around like *they* did something (the fans) over it. I just don't get it - never have, but that's okay. I just don't have that gene I guess.

I don't know who Dice-K is, he may very well be from the area, but the majority of players on these teams are not. They get traded/recruited from wherever, and suddenly are "local heroes". As a local I find that weird, is all.

AEfx

WelshBatman

How can you be from new england and not know where dice-k is from? I mean, it was in every paper for the entire month of december 2006. I'm impressed that you didn't hear it. I don't mean for this to sound mean or anything, but I really am impressed.

But for future reference he's from Japan.

WelshBatman

If you were from New England, you'd understand why it's bizarre someone wouldn't know who Daisuke Matsuzaka is. You couldn't turn on a TV or look at a newspaper without seeing something about the "Gun from the land of the rising sun" and yada yada yada.

AEfx

How can you be from new england and not know where dice-k is from? I mean, it was in every paper for the entire month of december 2006. I'm impressed that you didn't hear it. I don't mean for this to sound mean or anything, but I really am impressed.

But for future reference he's from Japan.

LOL I take it as a compliment. :)

I still have no idea who are talking about, LOL. He could be from Mars and I probably wouldn't know. I don't watch local news, only network really, and when sports comes on I either skip through it on the TiVo or if I'm watching live TV I change the channel. I read the paper a few times a week, but I don't read the sports section.

Contrary to popular belief, not everyone pays attention to such things. Did you know Britney Spears' new album comes out tomorrow? Probably not - but I do. :) Different strokes for different folks, LOL.

AEfx

Scar Junior

and if you were from somewhere other than Boston you'd understand why we don't care. i'm happy for you fans, but after 2 weeks or so, realize it will get old. But in the meantime, enjoy your championship.

EDIT... BTW, I was mainly talking about your players in the first post... but yes, some fans too.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
and if you were from somewhere other than Boston you'd understand why we don't care. i'm happy for you fans, but after 2 weeks or so, realize it will get old. But in the meantime, enjoy your championship.
:lol:

You're kidding, right?

I have a friend in Ottawa who is still traumatized that the BoSox beat the Yankees the last time they won the World Series! You don't have to be from New England to be fanatical!

Personally, I don't get all fired up about it, but I was happy to see them win.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom