RED BALOON next to Cirque & HoB in DTD

sum41914

99 red balloons, lol can't get it out of my head now. I really like the idea for a dinosaur themed restraunt, by what happened to Donlads Restorauntosoauris (sp?) I mean how many dino theme eateries do you need lol, how about they update the dino restraunt in AK first instead of building a new one.

~Sum

Senderella

sum41914 said:
99 red balloons, lol can't get it out of my head now. I really like the idea for a dinosaur themed restraunt, by what happened to Donlads Restorauntosoauris (sp?) I mean how many dino theme eateries do you need lol, how about they update the dino restraunt in AK first instead of building a new one.

~Sum

Good question Sum. This just hit me and it doesn't make sense.

Further to the 25th January update below, the following changes to Pleasure Island are now confirmed

Addition of T-Rex: A Prehistoric Family Adventure restaurant, opening early 2008 (see 27 February 2006 update below for more information)

Ok maybe I'm just the wierd one who's slow on the uptake, but why would you put a family restaurant in Pleasure Island amongst clubs and adult oriented fun?

RPMdfw

Isn't it possible that someone just thought it would be fun to put a balloon up that high?

Sometimes a balloon is just a balloon.

Of course, given all the speculation that it's caused, I'm tempted to tie balloons with really long strings all over the place and see what kind of rumors can pop up. :drevil:

sgmco

GothMickey said:
Ok, here is what I found out: There will be a new dinner show called Hogwarts.... This will be a show based on Harry Potter... Creatures that were supposed to be included into Beastly Kingdomme will be part of the show.... And also, there will be a monorail expansion directly to Hogwarts... Monsters Inc and the Incredibles will be operating the monorails... Indiana Jones will be making the monorail announcements... Disney officials said they kept reading this site and decided to give Disney fans what they want.. Ohh I forgot to mention.. The monorails will be designed like the robocoasters.. not the traditional monorails.

You forgot to mention that you heard this from a Disney CM (most likely a bus driver :lol: )

GothMickey

sgmco said:
You forgot to mention that you heard this from a Disney CM (most likely a bus driver :lol: )

Actually, I heard it from a friend who has a brother who is in college with the sister of a cousin who knows someone who walks the dog of an Imagineer's long time high school buddy....

Has anyone also thought that maybe this was for the several story parking garage that has been spread around on the net?

billybluenose

Original Poster
the Red Balloon

the Red Balloon is not for attention purposes nor is it the work of a tourist who couldn't find a kite.

Red Balloons are used to guage the visual impact of things before they are built. One was flown at 200' (or less) at California Adventure before they built the Tower of Terror, for instance.

If you were to see the balloon you would not doubt it's unadvertisementness nor it's untouristness as it is a dull red orb at the end of an reasonably thick rope. It's a bit like those ball things they stick on powerlines sometimes. It looks like as much fun "Workers Present" sign.

As for the theory that, "Sometimes a balloon is just a balloon," I agree. Only that sometimes isn't at 9am on a weekday in a vacant lot in a resort area primed for renovation.

Bring on the bulldozers!

-Billy

Pongo

GothMickey said:
Has anyone also thought that maybe this was for the several story parking garage that has been spread around on the net?

I can't tell if you're serious here, but if you are, this wouldn't be the parking garage. They wouldn't be able to really fit one large enough over there, and they definitely wouldn't make it taller than Cirque. That's crazy talk.

But if you were kidding... then... :lol: :lookaroun

GothMickey

Pongo said:
I can't tell if you're serious here, but if you are, this wouldn't be the parking garage. They wouldn't be able to really fit one large enough over there, and they definitely wouldn't make it taller than Cirque. That's crazy talk.

But if you were kidding... then... :lol: :lookaroun

It was a joke, since i figure that would not be a spot to put something like that.. Just figured everythign else went around, why not that...

Pongo

GothMickey said:
It was a joke, since i figure that would not be a spot to put something like that.. Just figured everythign else went around, why not that...

:lol: That's what I figured.

JeffH

T-Rex

Suppose to go over where the McDonalds is, where the construction walls currently are.
That's what the manager of Rainforest told me.

Pongo

JeffH said:
Suppose to go over where the McDonalds is, where the construction walls currently are.
That's what the manager of Rainforest told me.

Yeah, that's about what I heard too. I read somewhere that it was supposed to go on the site where the Lego fish and dragon are. Right there on the water.

JuanD_20k

Pongo said:
Yeah, that's about what I heard too. I read somewhere that it was supposed to go on the site where the Lego fish and dragon are. Right there on the water.
I talked with a manager of DTD the day of the announcement and they said that it was going in the former vault parking was. In between Mcdonalds and Fultons crab house

personally it would seem pretty crowded if they put it there .. not that it isnt already :lookaroun hopefully they change their plans and put it out by hob

GothMickey

I heard that was the area it was going to go in.. Still wondering what plans they have for PI other than what was already announced...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Is this one step closer to the (real) parking garage proposed for DTD / Team Disney?

Speaking of balloons, a bit of trivia. Before the MK was built, once the land was cleared, a balloon was tied and launched for every major structure in the park. All at the same time. It looked like a party!

GothMickey

marni1971 said:
Is this one step closer to the (real) parking garage proposed for DTD / Team Disney?

Speaking of balloons, a bit of trivia. Before the MK was built, once the land was cleared, a balloon was tied and launched for every major structure in the park. All at the same time. It looked like a party!

I asked the same thing before.. someone asked it it was a joke.. of course, I was joking before, but now you bring up the parking structure again... Maybe that is what they were testing, to see how things would look as a nasty looking parking structure hovered over Cirque...

CaptainMichael

GothMickey said:
I asked the same thing before.. someone asked it it was a joke.. of course, I was joking before, but now you bring up the parking structure again... Maybe that is what they were testing, to see how things would look as a nasty looking parking structure hovered over Cirque...
Perhaps it will be a themed parking structure.

Speedbird

Here's a new one. There's balloon at Disneyland Paris which takes 30 people up to 300ft to take photos and stuff. It hasn't been there long. There's an outside possibility that the balloon might be doing a bit of proof of concept for DTD? Be a great view from there (hint,hint any Disney management reading!!). Got a photo from Paris and you can see for miles. From DTD you'd be able to see MK, EPCOT, MGM, AK, Universal and Seaworld. Cool?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom