Recommended Restaurants Outside Disney

PolynesianPrincess

Bahama Breeze is AWESOME!! Their drinks are really good but their food is super good. Here's a pic of the chicken dish I got there in May. Deep fried chicken breast, mashed potatoes with cheese and spinach and a salsa on the side. It was AMAZING!!! There was also another good sized chicken breast under the spinach. They also have seafoods and sandwiches as well.

photo.jpg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Seasons 52 is a very nice choice. It is casual, but bordering on something a little higher-end, it offers fresh, healthy dishes, with each item being below 475 calories. Expect to pay around $100 for two, with shared appetizer, 2 entrees, 2 desserts, and two glasses of wine.
https://www.seasons52.com/

Disney Dawg88

Hi guys,

Basically looking for nice/good places to eat as my family (all over 21) are staying just outside of Disney for the 1st week of our holiday this July.

I have read a lot about Bahama Breeze; is this a chain as on google maps it shows a few locations?

Recommendations welcome :D

I come down to the Disney once per month for three or four days for work and have been doing so the past four years. I've pretty much eaten at the majority of the restaurants in the Disney area. My perspective is to go to local, hole in the wall restaurants that I can't go to at home so I avoid chain restaurants. That being said you know my perspective and would disagree with most who have already posted, just my opinion. Anyway, based on your parameters of $35 per head excluding drinks:

4RIvers Smokehouse - absolutely must go here if you like bbq. It's past downtown Orlando so it's a little bit of a drive from Disney, but well worth it. They're opening a new larger location that will be open in August. I go here almost everyday for lunch when I'm in town.

Cafe D'Antonion in Celebration - Italian food and I've never had a bad meal, everything is good from their pizzas to main dishes. Sit at the bar and Mauricio will take care of you.

Colombia's in Celebration - just ate here for the first time this week and the piella was awesome. Family restaurant with a lot of history. Cuban food.

Miller's Ale house isn't bad at all, food prices are really good and they always have drink specials.

So in my opinion avoid the chains and try a local spot.

Disney Dawg88

I'm not sure which end of the US192 you are, but near Marker 4/5 is TGIs, Angels Buffet, Perkins, Cracker Barrel, Golden Corral, House of Pancakes, Ponderosa etc there are lots of others but I cant remember their names...sorry. They're all quite reasonable - enjoy x

If you're willing to spend $35 a head you and your family can do WAY better than these places, although I can't speak for Angels Buffet, but I don't eat at buffets.

EvilQueen-T

Bahama Breeze is AWESOME!! Their drinks are really good but their food is super good. Here's a pic of the chicken dish I got there in May. Deep fried chicken breast, mashed potatoes with cheese and spinach and a salsa on the side. It was AMAZING!!! There was also another good sized chicken breast under the spinach. They also have seafoods and sandwiches as well.

photo.jpg

bahama breeze is our favorite off site too!!! we prefer the service at the one on i-drive over the one on vineland tho.

Alektronic

That place is seriously cheap, I've never been in there, but considered it a few times. What is it like?

If you want cheap pizza, this is definitely the place to go. It is basically a pizza buffet, all you can eat. They have salad, pasta, and even dessert for one price. The best part is you can even get a custom made pizza, just tell them what toppings you would like and they will cook it for you (for no extra charge) you just have to wait 5-10 minutes for it and they will deliver it to your table.

WDW Monorail

CiCi's is a lot like Pizza Hut, but a little less expensive. I've never been there though and probably won't since there are better options.

I always seem to hit up Red Lobster for lunch. It's always good. Friday's is decent, so is Buffalo Wild Wings, all in CrossRoads. I like Fudruckers but recently I've only gone to the one at Festival Bay Mall.
Margaritaville and Emeril's Orlando are good at CityWalk. Latin Quarter Rodizio is ok, also in CityWalk.

My favorite place has to be Texas de Brazil.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Which Wich is a great choice for a custom sandwich. They have a unique concept that you take a paper bag, check off all the ingredients that you want, and they make it.

http://www.whichwich.com/

They are on Sandlake Road area, about 15 mins from DTD. Another one is opening near to Florida Mall.

JCtheparrothead

La Luce at the Bonnet Creek Hilton is an awesome Italian restaurant. Great service, great food, but not a pumped up Disney price. I go every time i am in the world. Check it out on Yelp.

Vader2112

Benihana's on I-Drive! Kobe is great but Beni is da man!
Charley's Steak House. One of the best in the US! Aged steaks cooked on a wood fire!
Fuddruckers I- Drive or Vineland Road Kissimme. Good Burgers
Elephant Room at the Mall at Milenia.
Christini's FINE Itallian dining. If you want great Itallian this is it forget EPCCOT or Portobello at DTD.
Drawbacks: Dress code Business Casual and I beleive no Toddlers or infants. Reason why I ahve not been there aside from a business dinner.
Jimmy Johns for Subs/Heros/Grinders/Po-boys or what ever you choose to call them.
Columbia Restraunt in Celebration This is a Florida tradition and the origianl in Tampa is one of the oldest restaurants in the country. Try the 1905 Salad and for desert the Cafe con Leche and Bread pudding made with Cuban bread..To die for. Don't forget the Mojitos or Sangria!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom