Recent Visit.. Spotted REAL RODENT 😳

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
KatieBug, is that you? 😉

You're visiting an outdoor theme park in the middle of Florida. I would be shocked if a guest didn't see any of the wildlife - rabbits, rodents (all varieties), snakes, rats with wings, deer, gators, possums, armadillos, skunks, raccoons, roaches, lizards, etc., that populate the area.

Nanatukes

Original Poster
This must be a joke! Rats and mice live everywhere outside no way to get rid of them they are as common as squirrels or birds just part of nature outside especially in the south as I call home too. As long as they aren’t infesting your home inside they are no bother. ;)
Yeah.. real joke... Not many RATS here in New England.. and I'm not laughing after the money we spent at WDW.. so all the folks acting like it's no big deal.. if I didn't care about rats wondering the grounds.. I'd go to Atlantic City or Some cheap Carnival.. Just surprised to see the changes in the conditions of the Park..... Have fun... Experts😳

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Yeah.. real joke... Not many RATS here in New England.. and I'm not laughing after the money we spent at WDW.. so all the folks acting like it's no big deal.. if I didn't care about rats wondering the grounds.. I'd go to Atlantic City or Some cheap Carnival.. Just surprised to see the changes in the conditions of the Park..... Have fun... Experts😳

Boston is the #2 most rat infested city in the US, behind #1 Philly. You just don't see them.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
They have always been there you just never saw one! Lol ...AND I said it’s common outdoors especially in the south. You are in NE so that’s not the south but even in NE like Boston area (where my family is from on my mom’s side) they have them too outside. Lol So being I have family in NE I’m well aware of some of the differences, and my family up there also knows mice and rats outside is common but they do have less of some other creatures and bugs but mice and rats are anywhere. Like I said as long as they aren’t in your home or inside it’s not a big deal for us here in the south especially and my family in NE. ;)

Last edited:

JUFL2019

I'm just back from an 8 day visit at WDW.. Stayed at the amazing Shades of Green.. My son inlaw is in the Airforce .. We spent the week with my daughter, son inlaw and 2 grandchildren.. My grandson celebrated his 4th Birthday at Disney, my granddaughter is 2.. My husband and I spent our honeymoon 40 years ago at The Polynesian.. My daughter and son inlaw treated us to The luau to Celebrate.. then we finished the night at Epcot.. Imagine my surprise when a RAT.. scurried by our feet past a vendor... I was absolutely mortified.. I've visited the parks in Florida since 1972... I've been at least 15 times... What is happening to WDW???

The only response I have is Welcome to Florida. You do know that Disney World was built in a swamp?

Goofyernmost

Not sure why you are getting so angry. OK, you don't like rats, who does? But, to think that a place built in the middle of a huge swamp would or, more importantly, could be prevented from occasionally showing up is not living in a world of reality. Rats would not normally venture into a group of humans, but, because people think it is cute to feed the wildlife and otherwise are slobs that don't even try to pick up after themselves it is inevitable that they will show up from time to time. People joked around because it is a lot of things, but, a serious problem it is not. Not many ships have sailed into MK from distant shores across the ocean carrying plague ravaged rats. They keep the alligators fed along with other large wild animals that call the property home and it is one of the things that makes the property special.

And to restate my first comment... nothing has changed in the conditions at the park. The only thing that was different is that you happened to be standing in the wrong place at the wrong time. They've always been there you just never saw them before.

Last edited:

ProfSavage

1523994739460.png

A rat, outside, in the swamp, with an abundant food source available somehow equates declining park quality? No one tell Nana about NYC...

Anyone get a Patty Melton vibe from the OP? Or is that just me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom