Recent Visit.. Spotted REAL RODENT 😳

Disney Analyst

Yes, they are not ideal, but what can you do when you have nature all around property? Rats usually stay away from people at least, and they really aren't any more disgusting than pigeons, but people love pigeons and they don't run away from them and they are most definitely not outraged when they see them walking around property. In fact, people LOVE to feed the pigeons and are delighted when they approach them or stand on top of their hands to be fed. Those carry diseases too (Meningitis, Salmonella, Listeria, Viral Encephalitis and E-Coli to name a few). Go ahead and hate the rat, but run for your life next time you see a pigeon around, they're flying rats! and those are the real unkillable disease machines, because nobody is trying to kill them!
Why is it people freak out at rats but are quiet happy to sit there and feed squirrels and bird. Even though there are signs everywhere saying not too! Squirrels are just cute rodents and some birds are flying rodents! I think some people take the Disney bubble a bit too literal. LOL:)

Yassss! Spill the tea.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Yes, they are not ideal, but what can you do when you have nature all around property? Rats usually stay away from people at least, and they really aren't any more disgusting than pigeons, but people love pigeons and they don't run away from them and they are most definitely not outraged when they see them walking around property. In fact, people LOVE to feed the pigeons and are delighted when they approach them or stand on top of their hands to be fed. Those carry diseases too (Meningitis, Salmonella, Listeria, Viral Encephalitis and E-Coli to name a few). Go ahead and hate the rat, but run for your life next time you see a pigeon around, they're flying rats! and those are the real unkillable disease machines, because nobody is trying to kill them!

I am on board for eliminating pigeons as well. Good call by you!

Why is it people freak out at rats but are quiet happy to sit there and feed squirrels and bird. Even though there are signs everywhere saying not too! Squirrels are just cute rodents and some birds are flying rodents! I think some people take the Disney bubble a bit too literal. LOL:)

Also, regarding this...

The guests who feed the wildlife should be banned for life from property.

plutofan15

Uh, some lawyer from Pittsburgh on line 2...

Well, the ketchup company is spelled "Heinz" so that should be Heinz 57. "Hines" was a football player from the same city and his number was 86. So that should say "Hines 86". Either way, maybe that lawyer can try to explain what I am saying because even I am lost. o_O

spock8113

I'm surprised you don't see more. It was the new Ratatouille Ride queue line! How about giant palmetto bugs like Temple of Doom size!
We saw an 5 foot alligator under the boardwalk going from Pecos Bills to the Haunted Mansion.
We named him Walt and the staff already knew and were unconcerned.
And it's just plain creepy the lack of insects...............everywhere. Mosquito fish?

ProfSavage

Pigeons are just feathered rats

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I could handle seeing the rodents or reptiles on the outside or at one of the parks in water BUT what I am afraid of is finding a snake in the hotel room or the hotel pool.dents at Disney World. It's a little concerning to me. I understand that it is Florida and that DW was built on swamp land but it does seem like there's one too many now.I think it is getting out of hand now.

I think you'd be better served by a visit to Death Valley or New York City (as long as you stay away from Central Park or the Bronx Zoo).

bhg469

Bring in some of those Feral Cats that are in abundance in Disneyland.
Funny enough, our resort we stayed at in st lucia had no sign of rodents. A few cats though. I am allergic and my wife thought it would be fun to make friends with one. Well it decided my shoelace was its mortal enemy before she could pet it, and it swatted at my foot, gave me a small scratch. That small scratch turned into a Rambo scar for a few hours!!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I could handle seeing the rodents or reptiles on the outside or at one of the parks in water BUT what I am afraid of is finding a snake in the hotel room or the hotel pool. I hate to tell y'all this but I have come across a good bit of pictures & videos on the internet of snake incidents at Disney World. It's a little concerning to me. I understand that it is Florida and that DW was built on swamp land but it does seem like there's one too many now. I would think the park management would lay down bait or repellent to keep them at bay but I don't know if they have this for snakes. Do they? Also the stories run the gamut, from a woman who had a snake in her room on the 4th floor of the Contemporary resort, there have been people bitten by snakes--a kid who dropped his toy and bent down to pick it up and the snake was right there, kinda blending in with the scenery, and it was a poisonous snake. There's a lawsuit right now from a guy claiming he was bitten while swimming in a pool at one of the resorts, another lawsuit was about that family where the boy was bitten and the grandmother had a heart attack from seeing it happen, a man is claiming he got bit while watching his son play sports at Wide World Of Sports, you've got the video of a snake a year or so ago at one of the park gift shops and it just goes on & on.

I've read and seen it all--there's video of a snake eating a rat or mouse at AK that was just there alongside one of the sidewalks, video of people trying to fish out a moccasin at one of the resort pools, there is a picture of a baby alligator walking in the parking lot of GF at night, the numerous posts of alligators everywhere and also the numerous posts of snakes that try to hang out around the pools at the hotels and at the water parks. There's also a lot of stories of people seeing snakes in the water at both water parks. There's even a report of a man who said he rode Splash Mountain with a snake that he saw in the bottom of the boat. There was a report of someone saying a snake was hanging out at the front during one of those "garden" concerts Epcot has in the spring. Also some stories of people seeing snakes when they're getting onto the boats heading over to MK or the resort area and then you have the constant stories of snakes at Pop Century. Heck over at Beach Club the saying was that if you have one of the villas that is on the first floor, when you go out to the patio, don't leave your door open because apparently snakes have gone into people's rooms that way. And don't get me started on Lane Graves--I can't imagine what his family has been going through since and I know both are at fault--his dad should not have let him in the water; they did have signs but also Disney knew about the gators since this place opened and there should have always been a barrier everywhere at all resorts that had water.

It just seems like some of this could be avoided and has me concerned that Disney is not doing as much to combat the wildlife. A lot of these reports make it seem as if they need some wildlife handlers out there 24/7 to watch out for these critters (mainly the snakes & gators) and pick 'em up when they can catch one--send it off to a zoo or the Everglades. Y'all understand where I'm going with this? There's just been too many incidents reported in this decade and I have read that other regular Disney World patrons noticed as well and are also wondering what's going on. Some of the older ones who've been going for decades say it's been bad in the past few years and some have made that comment that Disney's not doing enough to keep it at bay. I remember one website--the poster pretty much said it's gotten overrun and it's not good and that yes they understood it's FL and there's gonna be wildlife, but you're also supposed to be keeping everything at a safe distance to keep guests safe. So even though I love DW, all of these critter sightings are getting to me some and I think they're going to have to do more than what's been doing currently to combat this stuff. I think it is getting out of hand now.
Some perspective. Tens of millions of people visit WDW each year. Hundreds of millions if not over a billion over the last ten years. A handful of reported snake/gator/venomous critter sightings on the internet tells me that one-on-one encounters with said creatures are still very rare on a per-visitor measure.

ProfSavage

That's the beauty of it.

I've recently have lost all sense of smell to trolling and satire. It's like Schrodinger's Cat: things are both real and also satire until proven otherwise.

I could handle seeing the rodents or reptiles on the outside or at one of the parks in water BUT what I am afraid of is finding a snake in the hotel room or the hotel pool. I hate to tell y'all this but I have come across a good bit of pictures & videos on the internet of snake incidents at Disney World. It's a little concerning to me. I understand that it is Florida and that DW was built on swamp land but it does seem like there's one too many now. I would think the park management would lay down bait or repellent to keep them at bay but I don't know if they have this for snakes. Do they? Also the stories run the gamut, from a woman who had a snake in her room on the 4th floor of the Contemporary resort, there have been people bitten by snakes--a kid who dropped his toy and bent down to pick it up and the snake was right there, kinda blending in with the scenery, and it was a poisonous snake. There's a lawsuit right now from a guy claiming he was bitten while swimming in a pool at one of the resorts, another lawsuit was about that family where the boy was bitten and the grandmother had a heart attack from seeing it happen, a man is claiming he got bit while watching his son play sports at Wide World Of Sports, you've got the video of a snake a year or so ago at one of the park gift shops and it just goes on & on.

I've read and seen it all--there's video of a snake eating a rat or mouse at AK that was just there alongside one of the sidewalks, video of people trying to fish out a moccasin at one of the resort pools, there is a picture of a baby alligator walking in the parking lot of GF at night, the numerous posts of alligators everywhere and also the numerous posts of snakes that try to hang out around the pools at the hotels and at the water parks. There's also a lot of stories of people seeing snakes in the water at both water parks. There's even a report of a man who said he rode Splash Mountain with a snake that he saw in the bottom of the boat. There was a report of someone saying a snake was hanging out at the front during one of those "garden" concerts Epcot has in the spring. Also some stories of people seeing snakes when they're getting onto the boats heading over to MK or the resort area and then you have the constant stories of snakes at Pop Century. Heck over at Beach Club the saying was that if you have one of the villas that is on the first floor, when you go out to the patio, don't leave your door open because apparently snakes have gone into people's rooms that way. And don't get me started on Lane Graves--I can't imagine what his family has been going through since and I know both are at fault--his dad should not have let him in the water; they did have signs but also Disney knew about the gators since this place opened and there should have always been a barrier everywhere at all resorts that had water.

It just seems like some of this could be avoided and has me concerned that Disney is not doing as much to combat the wildlife. A lot of these reports make it seem as if they need some wildlife handlers out there 24/7 to watch out for these critters (mainly the snakes & gators) and pick 'em up when they can catch one--send it off to a zoo or the Everglades. Y'all understand where I'm going with this? There's just been too many incidents reported in this decade and I have read that other regular Disney World patrons noticed as well and are also wondering what's going on. Some of the older ones who've been going for decades say it's been bad in the past few years and some have made that comment that Disney's not doing enough to keep it at bay. I remember one website--the poster pretty much said it's gotten overrun and it's not good and that yes they understood it's FL and there's gonna be wildlife, but you're also supposed to be keeping everything at a safe distance to keep guests safe. So even though I love DW, all of these critter sightings are getting to me some and I think they're going to have to do more than what's been doing currently to combat this stuff. I think it is getting out of hand now.

Snakes are abundant in Florida. They will find a way inside. I grew up north of WDW in Volusia County. It happens. Just part of life living in the swampy subtropics.

Bpmorley

I assume it to be fairly common down there. All those woodsy areas, lots of kids that drop food and such around. We've seen a number of different animals at many different places. Had to be a 2.5 foot rat about 5 feet from us at the hot tub in Congress park(SSR) about 2 years ago. Then another one running thru the bushes around the pool at BCV

laben594

I work at a luxury resort in South Florida- and I see rats from time to time. News flash- YOU ARE IN FLORIDA. There are all sorts of creatures here. I am sure Disney is aware and taking as many precautions as possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom