Recent Visit.. Spotted REAL RODENT šŸ˜³

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Seriously? Down here in Fort Lauderdale, you spray those guys with Raid and they turn around and charge at you, sometimes flying at you. Thank God we have regular bug service, havenā€™t seen one in the house in years.
jZnjliy.jpg

Skibum1970

Right.... I forgot to mention the Palmetto Bug. We can't call them that in NC because we have no Palm trees here and that would sound weird, but, yes that is what they are. Harmless and annoying and have a very short life span once inside unlike classic cockroaches that seem to live forever.

First off, I love your tag lines. So, your history book started with, "Yesterday...."?

I stayed at my sister's house in Naples about 20 years ago. Woke up with a Palmetto bug calmly resting on my arm in the middle of the night. Nearly jumped out of my skin and then later learned that they were common.

My wife HATES the house centipedes and silverfish. Both are fast and completely harmless to a human. Thankfully, our pest control service has pretty much eradicated them from the house. For me, centipedes (the big ones that sting or bite) and scorpions tend to give me pause for concern.

Skibum1970

Seriously? Down here in Fort Lauderdale, you spray those guys with Raid and they turn around and charge at you, sometimes flying at you. Thank God we have regular bug service, havenā€™t seen one in the house in years.

Maybe for the Palmetto bugs it's like the "zombie drug" that some nutcases take? You nail them and they're like "ARGGHHHH!!!!!!!!! I MUST NOW FLY AT YOU EVEN THOUGH I CAN DO NOTHING TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!"

andysol

Yeah.. real joke... Not many RATS here in New England.. and I'm not laughing after the money we spent at WDW.. so all the folks acting like it's no big deal.. if I didn't care about rats wondering the grounds.. I'd go to Atlantic City or Some cheap Carnival.. Just surprised to see the changes in the conditions of the Park..... Have fun... ExpertsšŸ˜³

How about everyone stop giving this person a hard time.

1) Itā€™s apparent that Disney has cut the budget of Rat killing in their parks since this personā€™s last visit.
Thanks bean counters.

2) They spent a lot of money going to Disneyworld; unlike all of us who go for free.

Goofyernmost

Could be that Florida has Hines 57 varieties to choose from. The one here that look the same, do not last long without a constant source of water. We have weekly bug exterminators here on the premises and they do not seem at all phased by that. They come in whenever a door is open and at that point in time they are quite fast. I almost never see them coming in, they also follow plumbing lines. But, I find dead bodies quite often, and occasionally one that is still moving, albeit slowly. It's not like the apartment is infested, but, they do get in from time to time. They either die on their own or with a little help from me.

Goofyernmost

First off, I love your tag lines. So, your history book started with, "Yesterday...."?

I stayed at my sister's house in Naples about 20 years ago. Woke up with a Palmetto bug calmly resting on my arm in the middle of the night. Nearly jumped out of my skin and then later learned that they were common.

My wife HATES the house centipedes and silverfish. Both are fast and completely harmless to a human. Thankfully, our pest control service has pretty much eradicated them from the house. For me, centipedes (the big ones that sting or bite) and scorpions tend to give me pause for concern.
House centipedes are scary when you first see them. They do perform a service be feeding on those tiny little bugs that can get through a screen, but, I still prefer that they stay hidden.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I love these ā€œnatureā€ threads...itā€™s good to gauge how clueless people are about where WDW is...smack dab in a swamp that probably was best left alone.

One of the more prevalent snakes in the area? The cottonmouth...aka the water mocassin...aka the swamp rattler...aka the ā€œpants soilerā€...

People really believe whatā€™s convenient for them...not the easily identifiable reality.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
How about everyone stop giving this person a hard time.

1) Itā€™s apparent that Disney has cut the budget of Rat killing in their parks since this personā€™s last visit.
Thanks bean counters.

2) They spent a lot of money going to Disneyworld; unlike all of us who go for free.

Todayā€™s winner

Goofyernmost

I love these ā€œnatureā€ threads...itā€™s good to gauge how clueless people are about where WDW is...smack dab in a swamp that probably was best left alone.

One of the more prevalent snakes in the area? The cottonmouth...aka the water mocassin...aka the swamp rattler...aka the ā€œpants soilerā€...

People really believe whatā€™s convenient for them...not the easily identifiable reality.
I remember standing at the fence on the river side of Ice Cream store right in front of the Castle waiting for the fireworks to start. I was just looking in the water and along come three of the water moccasins just casually swimming along. They were probably after some of those rodents that everyone is all nervous about. Personally I prefer the rats or mice.

Disney Analyst

I love when people freak out over rodents. Mice and rats are adorable!

Do you know whatā€™s really dirty but no one seems to care about? Birds. Birds will poop on you, fly all over the place, and are covered in germs. But wait, the ducks are cute and rodents are scary?

Iā€™ve had guests on our lower patio at work. This patio is on the ocean, literally. If a mouse runs by, outrage, but I tell you if an otter came around and stole food directly off their plate and then bit them, people would be all delighted.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Right.... I forgot to mention the Palmetto Bug. We can't call them that in NC because we have no Palm trees here and that would sound weird, but, yes that is what they are. Harmless and annoying and have a very short life span once inside unlike classic cockroaches that seem to live forever.
House centipedes are scary when you first see them. They do perform a service be feeding on those tiny little bugs that can get through a screen, but, I still prefer that they stay hidden.

EUUCKCKCKHHHHH. I can do Scorpions and rattlesnakes, Javelinas, Coyotes, Spiders even.. but not roaches. I have a scorpion killer that works instantly with taking down wasps (because that's the only other thing I've been able to try it on) and I've tried it on Roaches but it takes them a solid 5-10 minutes to die. I can't imagine the ones that fly and make that disgusting sound as they're doing so. I know they're harmless but it's their size and speed that gets me.

On another note I've had a centipede crawl along the side of my body while lying in bed at 11 at night. I jumped out faster than a cartoon character. I've also had many close calls with rattlers and scorpions.. like being within 2 feet of a full-size one slithering by while I was cleaning my car wheel. They still don't scare me as much as the almighty cockroach.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Wot in tarnation???
Have you never had a friend with a pet rat? They are so cute and loveable.

Rats are extremely sweet, smart, friendly, loving and energetic. In all honesty I've been around a few dogs and I know my rats were smarter than a majority of them.

I've had two of them and they were both amazing. Only problem is that they live for 2-3 years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom