Recent Visit.. Spotted REAL RODENT šŸ˜³

beachlover4444

I'm just back from an 8 day visit at WDW.. Stayed at the amazing Shades of Green.. My son inlaw is in the Airforce .. We spent the week with my daughter, son inlaw and 2 grandchildren.. My grandson celebrated his 4th Birthday at Disney, my granddaughter is 2.. My husband and I spent our honeymoon 40 years ago at The Polynesian.. My daughter and son inlaw treated us to The luau to Celebrate.. then we finished the night at Epcot.. Imagine my surprise when a RAT.. scurried by our feet past a vendor... I was absolutely mortified.. I've visited the parks in Florida since 1972... I've been at least 15 times... What is happening to WDW???
I also saw a rat near the water waiting for illuminations near Canada once. Scared the woot out of me but I wasnt shocked or surprised. You have food, you have water, it's normal. It's that why there is the story about the cats out at night at Magic Kingdom to handle the problem. there?

Tony the Tigger

Could be that Florida has Hines 57 varieties to choose from. The one here that look the same, do not last long without a constant source of water. We have weekly bug exterminators here on the premises and they do not seem at all phased by that. They come in whenever a door is open and at that point in time they are quite fast. I almost never see them coming in, they also follow plumbing lines. But, I find dead bodies quite often, and occasionally one that is still moving, albeit slowly. It's not like the apartment is infested, but, they do get in from time to time. They either die on their own or with a little help from me.

LOL. They are not dying of natural causes! Thatā€™s from the poison.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Seriously? Down here in Fort Lauderdale, you spray those guys with Raid and they turn around and charge at you, sometimes flying at you. Thank God we have regular bug service, havenā€™t seen one in the house in years.
Even with the regular pest service here every 3 months we get one or 2 a season (summer time) in the house or garage probably from the door staying open too long or something. Usually no more than that we mostly just see those huge evil flying suckers outside! :facepalm::joyfull:

crxbrett

ratsh.jpg

elcheapo

I'm just back from an 8 day visit at WDW.. Stayed at the amazing Shades of Green.. My son inlaw is in the Airforce .. We spent the week with my daughter, son inlaw and 2 grandchildren.. My grandson celebrated his 4th Birthday at Disney, my granddaughter is 2.. My husband and I spent our honeymoon 40 years ago at The Polynesian.. My daughter and son inlaw treated us to The luau to Celebrate.. then we finished the night at Epcot.. Imagine my surprise when a RAT.. scurried by our feet past a vendor... I was absolutely mortified.. I've visited the parks in Florida since 1972... I've been at least 15 times... What is happening to WDW???
Last year we experienced the same at International Gateway right outside the Epcot entrance near the boat launch a rat ran right through our feet. Needless to say we jumped 10 feet in the air but were from NY we see those all the time. Florida/WDW is no different.

Disney Analyst

There was once a little field mouse trapped on the sidewalk, the one that goes from MK to the Contemporary. There's like a high curb on the one side that then leads up to a grassy hill, and the mouse couldn't get over the curb and onto the grass... so I used a plastic bag I had and helped the little thing up.

Maybe it ate some crazy hydraulic fluids and transformed into the rat you saw?

Tick Tock

If a mouse runs by, outrage, but I tell you if an otter came around and stole food directly off their plate and then bit them, people would be all delighted.
Society has always been hypocritical in how it approves / scorns various behaviors based upon who or what is performing the behavior.

Take the seagull, for instance. They can walk around butt-naked on the beach, squawking and wailing in high-pitched tones at tourists, and receive FREE food handouts for doing so. Yet when I try the exact same thing, the police usually show up.

Disney Analyst

Society has always been hypocritical in how it approves / scorns various behaviors based upon who or what is performing the behavior.

Take the seagull, for instance. They can walk around butt-naked on the beach, squawking and wailing in high-pitched tones at tourists, and receive FREE food handouts for doing so. Yet when I try the exact same thing, the police usually show up.

Oh precisely! If a spider lands on me... FREAKOUT. If a Ladybug chooses not to land on me or leaves our new found bond prematurely, freak out.

Sarabell

They are also disgusting, vile creatures. Who are essentially unkillable disease machines. Let's not act like a rat is some cute little furball. They are responsible for attempting to wipe out the human race on more then one occasion.

Yes, they are not ideal, but what can you do when you have nature all around property? Rats usually stay away from people at least, and they really aren't any more disgusting than pigeons, but people love pigeons and they don't run away from them and they are most definitely not outraged when they see them walking around property. In fact, people LOVE to feed the pigeons and are delighted when they approach them or stand on top of their hands to be fed. Those carry diseases too (Meningitis, Salmonella, Listeria, Viral Encephalitis and E-Coli to name a few). Go ahead and hate the rat, but run for your life next time you see a pigeon around, they're flying rats! and those are the real unkillable disease machines, because nobody is trying to kill them!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom