Recent Beer Price Increases

Hockey89

I’m saying Carlsberg and the other stuff I mentioned. And there is of course many more. Is legitimate beer. Doesn’t matter if they are mass produced. They only contain barley hops and water. Yeast of course. There is no rice or corn which is in a lot of US beer. Which technically makes it. Not beer. Carlsberg and Paulaner are very good beers. There is a reason they are incredibly popular. Taste one and then say a coors. The Coors won’t taste so good. Lol
Don't know anybody that drinks Heineken or coors… You know why?????? Because you can drive to Market Basket or Whole foods near me and get amazing beer.... When they have world rankings(Buddy posted a link), USA crushes the world in beer, but I'm sure their taste buds are not at your level...

disneyfireman

I will say that Yeungling was to me nasty. Yet people swear by it.
Heck la cerveza del Pacifico is a pretty good Mexican mexican beer. One of the few I like

disneyfireman

Don't know anybody that drinks Heineken or coors… You know why?????? Because you can drive to Market Basket or Whole foods near me and get amazing beer.... When they have world rankings(Buddy posted a link), USA crushes the world in beer, but I'm sure their taste buds are not at your level...
Probably not. When folks spend time over seas. It makes them aware of what we lack here. Especially concerning beer and whisky.

disneyfireman

You do know they had tasters all over the world for the rankings right? Not just people from the states... So try again....
Lol. Ok. Drink what you want. Just goto England or Germany or any nation across the pond. and ask about US beer. It’s a joke. With few exceptions. I’m assuming you haven’t left the US. At all
Peace.
I will say Los Angeles has a lot of craft breweries. I’ll try some. At the firehouse now. So can’t. Lol

pax_65

Original Poster
I’m saying Carlsberg and the other stuff I mentioned. And there is of course many more. Is legitimate beer. Doesn’t matter if they are mass produced. They only contain barley hops and water. Yeast of course. There is no rice or corn which is in a lot of US beer. Which technically makes it. Not beer. Carlsberg and Paulaner are very good beers. There is a reason they are incredibly popular. Taste one and then say a coors. The Coors won’t taste so good. Lol

NO respectable craft brewer in America or elsewhere would use rice or corn in their beer. ZERO.

Craft beer is about quality. The reason it DOES matter if beer is mass produced is because the quality sometimes takes a back seat to profits. Traditionally, corn and rice are used because they are cheaper and more readily available than higher quality grains which are supposed to be in beer.

When a large conglomerate purchases a craft brewer or a quality European brewer, there is concern that the quality of that brewer may go down as the corporation tries to reduce costs. Obviously whether or not that happens varies by each situation.

Nobody here is arguing that Bud, Miller or Coors is better than Carlsberg or Paulaner. We're saying American craft beer is better than ANYTHING these large corporations can create, because they care more about quality than cutting costs.

To tie this back to WDW for a moment, this point is relevant because Disney frequently uses "craft" like Lagunitas, Goose Island and Golden Road which have been bought by larger brewers and are no longer craft. That's why, prior to the price increase, I always tried to purchase local Florida brews (from craft breweries like Cigar City) when in the parks.

Hockey89

Lol. Ok. Drink what you want. Just goto England or Germany or any nation across the pond. and ask about US beer. It’s a joke. With few exceptions. I’m assuming you haven’t left the US. At all
Peace.
IE You really had nothing to say since there were tasters from all over the world... Not tasters that think Heineken is a great beer.... Yeah... You should move on and show yourself the door....

disneyfireman

NO respectable craft brewer in America or elsewhere would use rice or corn in their beer. ZERO.

Craft beer is about quality. The reason it DOES matter if beer is mass produced is because the quality sometimes takes a back seat to profits. Traditionally, corn and rice are used because they are cheaper and more readily available than higher quality grains which are supposed to be in beer.

When a large conglomerate purchases a craft brewer or a quality European brewer, there is concern that the quality of that brewer may go down as the corporation tries to reduce costs. Obviously whether or not that happens varies by each situation.

Nobody here is arguing that Bud, Miller or Coors is better than Carlsberg or Paulaner. We're saying American craft beer is better than ANYTHING these large corporations can create, because they care more about quality than cutting costs.

To tie this back to WDW for a moment, this point is relevant because Disney frequently uses "craft" like Lagunitas, Goose Island and Golden Road which have been bought by larger brewers and are no longer craft. That's why, prior to the price increase, I always tried to purchase local Florida brews (from craft breweries like Cigar City) when in the parks.
Fair enough.

disneyfireman

IE You really had nothing to say since there were tasters from all over the world... Not tasters that think Heineken is a great beer.... Yeah... You should move on and show yourself the door....
What are you like 15? Live at home or what. Lol. Drink what you want I said.
There has been very intelligent comments to me from others. You. Not so much.

flynnibus

Premium Member

I travel to europe multiple times a year...and have been doing so for the last 20 years. I’m familiar with the beers and all your knocks. I’m also familiar with how all the locals have despised having their local heritage and beers swallowed up by the likes of InBev, carlsberg, and Heineken. They pretty much represent the anti beer enthusiasts over there.

The old world definition of beer is nice academic trivia people through around to sound smart... but it’s meaningless unless you are in those parts of Germany where it still applies.

disneyfireman

I travel to europe multiple times a year...and have been doing so for the last 20 years. I’m familiar with the beers and all your knocks. I’m also familiar with how all the locals have despised having their local heritage and beers swallowed up by the likes of InBev, carlsberg, and Heineken. They pretty much represent the anti beer enthusiasts over there.

The old world definition of beer is nice academic trivia people through around to sound smart... but it’s meaningless unless you are in those parts of Germany where it still applies.
All of those beers STILL have to abide by the royal standard. Large company or small. That was my point. There is no regulation of that here. You can dump rice and corn in and call it beer or whisky. Which it isn’t. I’m sure craft beers abide by that. Not sure as there is so many.

flynnibus

Premium Member
All of those beers STILL have to abide by the royal standard. Large company or small. That was my point. There is no regulation of that here. You can dump rice and corn in and call it beer or whisky. Which it isn’t. I’m sure craft beers abide by that. Not sure as there is so many.

So... don’t buy those?

Your argument is a stupid one that takes a finite example and paints it as it it’s universal. It’s not. You’re more caught up in stigmas and stereotypes than actual simple appreciation of things for what they are.

No one drinking corn bud wiser is doing it because they think it’s some crowning achievement in brewing. They are drinking it s8mply because it serves their desires. Nor should anyone get snooty or a superiority thing based on what they chose to drink. The bud knight commercials do a hilarious job of mocking those people... because it’s true. 99% of the world don’t want to be bogged down in some minutia that is mostly marketing anyways.
No one is impressed by someone’s beer snobbery.

It’s why there are 400 different labels of wine at your grocery store... 20 vendors trying to figure out what marketing gimmick resonates with buyers....

People have different tastes in beers and seek out different things. If someone wants to judge me for ordering a fat tire... or a Stella... or a dos equix... or a yeuling... or bud light. I’d be happy to punch them in the nose for being an a&$.

The real crime is going into the Norway pavilion and them trying to sell you carlsberg beer. I like the regional Ringnes, Hansa, and Aass brands much better.. and they actually started in Norway.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I like Heineken in the combat bottle. Why? Because big beers taste better than smaller beers.

You don't think so?

Order a beer in a bottle then order the same beer from a keg. Taste them side by side.

As for Coors... well, when their main selling point is how good the water is, I think that says it all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom