Recent Beer Price Increases

DisDadWoz

Really? I've been to some breweries in Charlotte and I don't remember the prices being that high. But admittedly that was a couple of years ago. Here in Pennsylvania most microbrews are in the $6-$7 range. A 4-pack of 16-ounce cans (some of the best IPAs you'll ever try) is $18, so under $5 each.

Even if the pricing is comparable, in general (there are a few exceptions) the beer Disney is charging $9 for does not compare to the microbrews you and I are enjoying. I saw both Key West Sunset Ale and Peroni being sold for $9 for a 12-ounce beer.
It is expensive depending on what you get/like. I also just paid $12 for a 16oz can of Long Island Brewing while I was up in NY. I can't see paying $9 for Peroni unless there are no other options.

disneyfireman

If it comes from anywhere but the USA. It’s beer. If it comes from here. It’s some other beverage. I’ll pay 9 bucks for Carlsberg or Speckled Hen.
Not Bud. Lol. Beer isn’t something we make well. At all. I’m sure there is some good craft beers.

Hockey89

If it comes from anywhere but the USA. It’s beer. If it comes from here. It’s some other beverage. I’ll pay 9 bucks for Carlsberg or Speckled Hen.
Not Bud. Lol. Beer isn’t something we make well. At all. I’m sure there is some good craft beers.
This is about as ignorant as it gets when it comes to beer.... If you knew anything about the subject matter, you would know any ranking for best beers in the world the USA scores very very well...

BuddyThomas

"Beers from 66 countries entered the competition. The United States, which has had explosive growth in the number of craft breweries during the past few decades, had the most award-winning beers: 242. Canada finished second with 14, and Germany was third with nine.

Last edited:

Hockey89

"Beers from 66 countries entered the competition. The United States, which has had explosive growth in the number of craft breweries during the past few decades, had the most award-winning beers: 242. Canada finished second with 14, and Germany was third with nine.
But we don't have any good beer lol....

disneyfireman

This is about as ignorant as it gets when it comes to beer.... If you knew anything about the subject matter, you would know any ranking for best beers in the world the USA scores very very well...
But we don't have any good beer lol....
Our beer isn’t beer. Meaning just. Malted barley ,hops. And locally sourced water. Yeast also. There is very few domestic beers that even qualify as real beer as strictly defined. Heck. Heineken is better than most of our beers. Whisky and beer are two things we don’t do well here. There is a reason the best whisky comes from Scotland and beer comes from a few European nations. After spending 3 years in England in the military. You lean just how y our beer is. I’d say Stella and Heineken is the best available beer anywhere. Carlsberg and London pride along with Hofbrau or Paulaner is the best lagers. Sorry, Europe owns us concerning beer and whisky.

Hockey89

Our beer isn’t beer. Meaning just. Malted barley ,hops. And locally sourced water. Yeast also. There is very few domestic beers that even qualify as real beer as strictly defined. Heck. Heineken is better than most of our beers. Whisky and beer are two things we don’t do well here. There is a reason the best whisky comes from Scotland and beer comes from a few European nations. After spending 3 years in England in the military. You lean just how ****y our beer is. I’d say Stella and Heineken is the best available beer anywhere. Carlsberg and London pride along with Hofbrau or Paulaner is the best lagers. Sorry, Europe owns us concerning beer and whisky.
Doubling down... Nice... Did you just say Heineken/Stella lol.... Show yourself out.

disneyfireman

Doubling down... Nice... Did you just say Heineken/Stella lol.... Show yourself out.
Yes. One Belgium other Netherlands. Those two are the best easily available. Meaning they are everywhere. Carlsberg. London Pride. Hofbrau, Paulaner. Etc. you’d have to goto a store that’s not on every corner. Us Americans. Unless you have spent time living abroad. Have bad taste in beer and spirits. So as for Disney and beer prices. European beer. I’d pay it. For a Coors. Lol. No

BuddyThomas

Our beer isn’t beer. Meaning just. Malted barley ,hops. And locally sourced water. Yeast also. There is very few domestic beers that even qualify as real beer as strictly defined. Heck. Heineken is better than most of our beers. Whisky and beer are two things we don’t do well here. There is a reason the best whisky comes from Scotland and beer comes from a few European nations. After spending 3 years in England in the military. You lean just how ****y our beer is. I’d say Stella and Heineken is the best available beer anywhere. Carlsberg and London pride along with Hofbrau or Paulaner is the best lagers. Sorry, Europe owns us concerning beer and whisky.
LOL. Now you're going after American whiskey as well?

The 2019 World Whisky Of The Year Is American, For The Third Year In A Row

https://www.forbes.com/sites/george...-whisky-of-the-year-is-american/#93c45f956622

Last edited:

pax_65

Original Poster

First of all, thank you for your service in the military. I would STRONGLY recommend you get out and experience some American craft beer. If I may... I'd like to point you in a direction to help get your started. Americans love IPAs (these days, especially New England style, which are more "juicy" and not quite so bitter). But there are many, many options if IPAs aren't your thing.

Stella, Heineken and Carlsberg are all considered "European Pale Lagers" (Harp, Peroni, and Grolsch are other examples). If you're comparing these beers to the most popular American beers ("American Adjunct Lagers" like Bud, Bud Light, Miller Lite, etc - called "Adjuncts" because they contain things like rice and corn which I agree do not belong in beer), then I would agree the European beer is better but you are comparing weak beers to even weaker beers (and if that's what you like, enjoy... but don't judge "American beer" on that watery stuff).

If you don't like the bitterness of IPAs, maybe explore the German Helles Lager category - you mentioned Hofbrau, Paulaner (also Weihenstephaner) they all make classic German Helles lagers. But American craft beer has jumped on board with this too - look for Victory Helles Lager (Victory Brewing, PA), Hell Lager (Surly Brewing, MN), Hotter Than Helles Lager (Cigar City Brewing, FL), or Firestone Lager (Firestone Walker Brewing, CA). These days you can probably find at least one of these beers at your local grocery store or beer distributor. You might even be able to create your own six-pack with a bunch of them. Then you can judge how good a job these American craft brewers have done at creating this traditionally European style (which frankly, sounds like a lot of fun... so I might try it too!)

flynnibus

Premium Member
Ignore venues... in suburbia here a normal draft beer will cost north of 6. Anything special is easily 8-10 without blinking. Compared to the rest of the menus... beer and soda still are cheap. They are more in line with most city pricing IMO

disneyfireman

disneyfireman

First of all, thank you for your service in the military. I would STRONGLY recommend you get out and experience some American craft beer. If I may... I'd like to point you in a direction to help get your started. Americans love IPAs (these days, especially New England style, which are more "juicy" and not quite so bitter). But there are many, many options if IPAs aren't your thing.

Stella, Heineken and Carlsberg are all considered "European Pale Lagers" (Harp, Peroni, and Grolsch are other examples). If you're comparing these beers to the most popular American beers ("American Adjunct Lagers" like Bud, Bud Light, Miller Lite, etc - called "Adjuncts" because they contain things like rice and corn which I agree do not belong in beer), then I would agree the European beer is better but you are comparing weak beers to even weaker beers (and if that's what you like, enjoy... but don't judge "American beer" on that watery stuff).

If you don't like the bitterness of IPAs, maybe explore the German Helles Lager category - you mentioned Hofbrau, Paulaner (also Weihenstephaner) they all make classic German Helles lagers. But American craft beer has jumped on board with this too - look for Victory Helles Lager (Victory Brewing, PA), Hell Lager (Surly Brewing, MN), Hotter Than Helles Lager (Cigar City Brewing, FL), or Firestone Lager (Firestone Walker Brewing, CA). These days you can probably find at least one of these beers at your local grocery store or beer distributor. You might even be able to create your own six-pack with a bunch of them. Then you can judge how good a job these American craft brewers have done at creating this traditionally European style (which frankly, sounds like a lot of fun... so I might try it too!)
Will do

Hockey89

Yes. One Belgium other Netherlands. Those two are the best easily available. Meaning they are everywhere. Carlsberg. London Pride. Hofbrau, Paulaner. Etc. you’d have to goto a store that’s not on every corner. Us Americans. Unless you have spent time living abroad. Have bad taste in beer and spirits. So as for Disney and beer prices. European beer. I’d pay it. For a Coors. Lol. No

America has the best craft beer in the world.... It is not close.... The amount of amazing micro brews crush the rest of the world combined for excellent beer.... Also, why are you talking about Heineken which is rat %%%%…

disneyfireman

America has the best craft beer in the world.... It is not close.... The amount of amazing micro brews crush the rest of the world combined for excellent beer.... Also, why are you talking about Heineken which is rat %%%%…
Heineken is maybe 6-7 on my list. I like others better. My point was is readily available and is a better beer than coors bud or other US bases mass produced. I’d say Heineken or Carlsberg is probably the global leader in total volume. They both are just great lagers. But Carlsberg is my favorite. When in England. It was just what we all drank. That and London Pride or Paulaner. All are very popular beers. Hofbrau especially in Bavaria. Not really into ales. London pride os a pale ale. But taste like a lager.

flynnibus

Premium Member
You are aware of the mega conglomerates behind carlsberg, etc?

“Mass produced” is a lazy cop out trying to paint brands poorly. (Especially when pointing at other brands that do the same thing!).

They taste that way because they are made to taste that way.

disneyfireman

You are aware of the mega conglomerates behind carlsberg, etc?

“Mass produced” is a lazy cop out trying to paint brands poorly. (Especially when pointing at other brands that do the same thing!).

They taste that way because they are made to taste that way.
I’m saying Carlsberg and the other stuff I mentioned. And there is of course many more. Is legitimate beer. Doesn’t matter if they are mass produced. They only contain barley hops and water. Yeast of course. There is no rice or corn which is in a lot of US beer. Which technically makes it. Not beer. Carlsberg and Paulaner are very good beers. There is a reason they are incredibly popular. Taste one and then say a coors. The Coors won’t taste so good. Lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom