Realistic Imagineering - WDW 5th Gate Project

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
For the shows you mentioned BATB + LMA, but let's say we want to put as much theming into it as Off Kilter for example would this be considered a small show?

For parking is the 10 mil for each parking lot or all of it?

What if we were doing a projection show on the icon or water would we use the fireworks budget too?

Land Renovation I would guess would mean flattening the land?

There's no mention of flat rides does that mean we cant use them?
That would be considered a small show, yes.

10 million parking is all of it. There will only be one parking lot. Keep it simple for everyone

Like World of Color? Yes that would be considered Fireworks Budget - I will amend that to include nighttime entertainment in the title.

Yes, so that you can build on it.

Ah Flat rides....you can for sure use those. Hmm, thinking on the fly. I will include it in the post above

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I'll try to make that happen, but will we be penalized if we don't turn it in by then?
Not really penalized, because there will be a small gap in between phases to answer the guest survey questions and assign the new budgets for expansion.

But it wouldn't be fair to others if you were say two weeks past the deadline and everyone else was on a different phase already. If that happens you'll have to submit what you have for whatever phase we are on based on the original budget, which has now been amended to $2 Billion.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
For the shows you mentioned BATB + LMA, but let's say we want to put as much theming into it as Off Kilter for example would this be considered a small show?

For parking is the 10 mil for each parking lot or all of it?

What if we were doing a projection show on the icon or water would we use the fireworks budget too?

Land Renovation I would guess would mean flattening the land?

There's no mention of flat rides does that mean we cant use them?
Btw I updated the post with the Flat Rides, Projection costs.

MCParradox

Ok, another question, when a new "season" starts, will we get some money from park guests? This could be based on reviews - a highly rated park would take in a lot from attendance / merchandise sales etc, but receive a lower improvement budget, while a struggling park might get next to nothing from visitors, and rely on a budget increase to get off the ground. Amount of gift shops could also be a factor in how much profit is made.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Ok, another question, when a new "season" starts, will we get some money from park guests? This could be based on reviews - a highly rated park would take in a lot from attendance / merchandise sales etc, but receive a lower improvement budget, while a struggling park might get next to nothing from visitors, and rely on a budget increase to get off the ground. Amount of gift shops could also be a factor in how much profit is made.
Since The Driving experience is closing could we possibly use this as plot of land as well?
If it is available, it'd be very useful in freeing up some land for future expansions to my project idea, I need a lot of space! XD

I'm in the process of creating a plan to account for guest feedback and how it can help your park funds. I want to make it feasible though in a forum setting and I don't want the "profits" of certain park items (ex: restaurants, shops) to simply be arbitrary.

I also don't want you all to worry about going into huge detail about the menus of each restaurant/quick service place. In order to account for profits, you can just give an average price of a meal per person.

As of right now, I really want to keep it small for Phase 1. I know you all have big plans for your parks but since the racetrack is currently still up, for this phase we will not use it. However for future phases (since each phase fast forwards 5 years) I am open to the possibility. However there is a major roadway in-between the park area and the Driving Experience, so it will cost a lot and take a lot of planning to use it.

In addition, if you look at the RCID map, there is sustainable land below the racetrack and to the right of the current park area. Also the park area right now is the size of the Magic Kingdom, which has a ton of attractions. So it really should be able to hold any idea you all have for Phase 1 of the project. Because again, I'm trying to make this unique and not have these huge parks right off the bat. I wanted to see the parks build and expand over time, just like actual Disney parks do. It would defeat the purpose if we all just used the expansion plots in the initial design of the park, then there'd be no room for expansion :)

MCParradox

As of right now, I really want to keep it small for Phase 1. I know you all have big plans for your parks but since the racetrack is currently still up, for this phase we will not use it. However for future phases (since each phase fast forwards 5 years) I am open to the possibility. However there is a major roadway in-between the park area and the Driving Experience, so it will cost a lot and take a lot of planning to use it.

Not to argue or anything, but didn't you say that Phase 1 was slated to open in 2018? Surely by then the racetrack will be gone...

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Not to argue or anything, but didn't you say that Phase 1 was slated to open in 2018? Surely by then the racetrack will be gone...
Well we also don't know what's going there yet. I doubt it's just going to sit empty for our use.

You all should have plenty of space for your parks and a more realistic expansion site would be to use the land to the right of our current plot instead of going over a main road.

If you have an idea that you think requires more space PM me and we can discuss

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
2nd AMENDMENT TO THE WDW 5th GATE PROJECT

I wanted to add some more details for the contestants and any interested contestants regarding Park Feedback and Profits

PARK FEEDBACK

Each contestant will have a 10 Question Guest Survey. In fact it might be easier if everyone has this same survey, so everyone can get feedback in the same format. An example survey is shown below:

1) How would you rate the park? (Scale of 1-10)

2) How would you rate the restaurants? (Scale of 1-10)

3) What is the likelihood of you buying any souvenirs/gifts in the parks? (Scale of 1-10)

4) What were the top 5 attractions in the park?

5) What was the best land in the park?

6) How much do you want to visit this park? (Scale of 1-10)

7) Chances of you returning to the park again? (Scale of 1-10)

8) Is there anything about the park you didn't like?

9) Is there anything in the park you would add or expand upon?

10) Any other comments?

Each of you will fill out each other's survey. So, for example, if there are 10 contestants, you will fill out 9 Guest Surveys. It is essential that you get a lot of feedback because I will use this as a measure to determine Park Ratings and simultaneously, park profits.

PARK PROFITS

Since there is no real money on the forum, and I don't want to simply use my own speculation on how much each park. Therefore, I have devised a method to determine park "attendance numbers" and in-park merchandise revenue.

The highest rated Guest Survey responses to Questions 1,2,3,6,7 will receive the highest revenue. A sort of "mini-victory" in each phase. The rest of the questions are meant to help you find out what people liked and didn't like about your park, to guide your future expansions/updates. Maybe if everyone doesn't like your "Up" ride for example, then you'll "up"date it (pardon the pun ;)) in your next phase to something else.

I had mentioned that lower Guest Survey responses will also receive funds to expand and improve. This is true, however, as was done with DCA and DHS, reviews need to be consistently lower in order for a large expansion budget to be approved. Consequently, the lowest reviewed park will get some revenue, but it won't receive a big budget expansion project for at least 2 phases.

I'll clarify with an example:

Let's say there are 3 Parks in the competition: Park A, Park B, Park C

Park A gets an average score of 10/10 rating on Phase 1 reviews
Park B gets an average score of 7/10 rating on Phase 1 reviews
Park C gets an average score of 5/10 rating on Phase 1 reviews

A 10/10 rating = $1 Billion in revenue ----- so Park A is awarded $1 Billion based on reviews
A 7/10 rating = $700 Million in revenue --- so Park B is awarded $700 Million based on reviews
A 5/10 rating = $500 Million in revenue --- so Park C is awarded $500 Million based on reviews

When Phase 2 begins, each of the 3 Parks will receive their Phase 2 budget (which is constant among all teams) of $1 Billion.

This means that Park A will now have $2 Billion total to spend, Park B $1.7 Billion, Park C $1.5 Billion. Another point before I forget is that your profits can roll over into the next phase. For instance, if you have $300 Million left and think your park is good, save it for the next phase, that way you'll have more to work with on an expansion project.

Continuing with the above example, let's say Park C finishes Phase 2 with a 5/10 rating again. After 2 Phases, every project gets an "Expansion Budget" on top of their "Phase Budget" The lowest reviewed park at the end of Phase 2 will receive the largest expansion budget ($ amount TBD) and the highest reviewed park will receive the least expansion budget. That way, the highly reviewed parks still have enough profit to keep making great attractions, but the lower rating parks have an opportunity to redeem themselves with some added budget.

Hopefully this all makes sense, but again if you all have any comments or concerns please feel free to leave them here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom