Real and Confirmed Figment News

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by BNCordeiro
As someone who fell in love with Figment at the ripe old age of 6, Figment is absolutely my most favorite Disney character! As to what makes him so great...that I can't really answer. It's kind of, "I can't describe it, but I know it when I feel it" Figment is just the most adorable, childlike, imaginative character in Disney.

The former attraction was a feast for the senses... it just WAS imagination. The soundtrack was addictive, the visuals were spectacular, and well..... it just WAS the best of Disney, imho.

the Journey into Your Imagination was a horrible blow to Figment fans everywhere...the camoes were almost an insult... just enough to make (at least me) a little happy but enough of a tease to outrage me as well.

well said, BNC! and i agree completely!

but, in my case at least, i don't think it was JUST Figgy that made that ride so awesome (and of course, as you said, the soundtrack, visuals, etc.) but also Dreamfinder. Eric Idle will NEVER EVER compare to Dreamfinder! and one thing about Eric Idle (no offence to his fans) but his voice just bores the crap outta me! on the first rehab, it was like i was right in the middle of a friggin documentary!! but with Dreamfinder, there was just so much childlike energy in his voice that made the ride such a blast! and the appeal of Dreamfinder just furthered my appeal for Figment.
and not just that, but that ride had a smell to it that just made it so unlike any other ride in WDW. that smell alone made it unique! and the dreamlike colors that were in the ride and in the building itself! God, there were just so many elements that made that ride the best in WDW! i think putting Figgy and 'One Little Spark' back into the ride will help...but i really don't think any amount of rehab will make the ride what it once was. not unless they bring EVERYTHING back from the original and make it exactly like the original....and i highly, highly doubt that will ever happen....but hey, i can always dream, can't i? :animwink:

[rumor]

Word around the parks is that work on Figment is behind schedule and the banner that was above the entrance has been changed slightly. The attraction may not open until mid-June now.

[/rumor]

BNCordeiro

Oh, I loved the Dreamfinder. Actually, in many chat rooms that is what I use for a username. I was fortunate in that in 1997 I finally got to see Figment and the Dreamfinder walking around Epcot (unfortunately it was the 1 day that I left my camera at the hotel seeing as in I had already been through Epcot once already).

Hopefully that rumor isn't too true...I'm there in Mid-June (June 13-15) so I don't have much room for error. WDW Guest Relations had replied to an e-mail of mine, about a week ago, saying "First week of June"

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Quentin Disney

Man, you should have seen the lines for that pin on Monday. VERY LONG. I hear it's already sold out. This is an LE 2000 pin that was released just at Epcot.

Well, they do still have other Figgy stuff at the Kodak shop adjecent to the attraction.

No offense to Figment fans, but why do so many people adore him? I never got to see the original Immagination ride, so I never knew how it was. I really couldn't truly hate the last remake since I didn't have a reference point to the past attraction.

I guess I will find out for myself when it opens.

I think another reason that a lot of people fell in love with him is because they didn't get SICK of him. I mean, you see Mickey EVERYWHERE, you see all the other characters...EVERYWHERE...but there was only ONE place on EARTH that you could see that purple colored dragon!!! In IMAGINATION! He's just a cute little guy and his whole outlook on life is FUN! How can you NOT like him :)

figmentmom

I fell in love with Figment the first time I saw him...that childish delight and enthusiasm appealed to me in a big way. Can't wait to see him this summer.:D

wdwcastwannabe

Original Poster
FIGMENT officially opened today...

i was fortunate enough to have my manager cover me long enough while i attended the cast previews.... WOW! it turned a lousy week into one of the best week's i've ever had...

it's just that good

tim:king:

BNCordeiro

I read an e-mail about the new attraction from FigmentsImagination.com and the FriendsofFigment.org with a couple of pictures......but as a Figment fan who won't be down there for another 13 days.......please do tell! =)

alee4eva

I read an e-mail about the new attraction from FigmentsImagination.com and the FriendsofFigment.org with a couple of pictures......but as a Figment fan who won't be down there for another 13 days.......please do tell! =)

I second that!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom