Real and Confirmed Figment News

DanStat

Soft Opening

Hey! Welcome to the boards!

A soft opening is an opening before all of the big press events. It's mainly to find out what the problems are, etc. Universal Studios calls it technical testing.

gjpjtj

Originally posted by kevlightyear

You think that's bad. . .We are driving back on the 1st of June. We'll be there the 26-31. I'm really hoping for a soft opening!!

P.S. My 100th post!

Well I will hopefully get to see Figment on our trip....... But I have to wait 3 LONG months!!!!! At least your going in a week!:)

bearboysnc

WHAT???

The cars STOP? I hope those same idiots that try to climb out of S.E. don't try to exit here too.

This was such a cool ride system. The engineering it took to get those cars on the turntable at the beginning was amazing. It had to be sequenced just right to it wouldn't hit the walls. Does the new configuration still utilize the turntable?

DisneyHog6

Well, I for one and glad they FINALLY listened and decided to bring Figment back!:sohappy: I wonder what kind of pins they are gonna have for the opening of the ride...sounds interesting.:D

Dr. Dom

Not to sound too thick-headed about this, but does the new version of the ride open to the public on June 1 or just CM soft opening? We'll be there June 2-9 and I want to ride it!

Thanks!

WDWFREAK53

hey there...this is a rather random question...

I want a Figment avatar...how do I make my own avatar??? Everytime I try to grab a pic, it says it's too large and stuff...

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Bdis86
I'll make you one!
Hee hee

THANKS A WHOLE BUNCH (did you catch the sarcasm...because I was laying it on a little thick :) Just kidding around with ya)

can you PLEASE tell me how to make one?
It must get REALLY repetitive seeing the SAME avatars over and over again...(I'm only trying to help everyone else out :)...yeah that's it)

Bdis86

Account Suspended
You need a program such as Adobe Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, Paint, etc. You also use a gif editor for animated avatars. Anyway, do you still want me to make one? You can always IM me. :) My screen names are in my profile. :)

Bdis86

Account Suspended
Here's the avatar I made for you! Enjoy!

Attachments

• figment02.gif
    figment02.gif
    6.8 KB · Views: 236

wdwcastwannabe

Original Poster
there's some really cool pins, one just came out that said "under construction" on it and figment moves up and down....i talked to some big wig imagineer overseeing the ride, and he figures now that it'll be open may 31st...perhaps with limited cast previews in the few days before following up to may 31st...that's all i know so far...

by the way i'll be at the canadian pavilion popcorn cart friday saturday and sunday from 9:30-6:00 if anyone will be around

tim:king:

juan

Originally posted by bearboysnc
WHAT???

The cars STOP? I hope those same idiots that try to climb out of S.E. don't try to exit here too.

JIYI Stopped many times purposely (station, scanner, many of the rooms, end scanner)

TinkerBell9988

Where are they going to be selling this merchandise? I will be up there this weekend, so hopefully the merchandise will be out. So, someone tell me where they are going to be sold.... please...

I'm hoping I can get the LE Figment pin that came out on Monday... I hope a few are still there!!!

WDWFREAK53

good luck...I can just imagine how many people out there love figment...I mean, these discussion boards alone have enough people to sell them out :)

alee4eva

They should do more with figment.. like a movie or disneychannel animated series...or even like primary education teaching materials. That would be a wise business choice..

TinkerBell9988

Originally posted by alee4eva
They should do more with figment.. like a movie or disneychannel animated series...or even like primary education teaching materials. That would be a wise business choice..

great idea... (hope Disney is reading this)

Quentin Disney

Originally posted by TinkerBell9988
Where are they going to be selling this merchandise? I will be up there this weekend, so hopefully the merchandise will be out. So, someone tell me where they are going to be sold.... please...

I'm hoping I can get the LE Figment pin that came out on Monday... I hope a few are still there!!!

Man, you should have seen the lines for that pin on Monday. VERY LONG. I hear it's already sold out. This is an LE 2000 pin that was released just at Epcot.

Well, they do still have other Figgy stuff at the Kodak shop adjecent to the attraction.

No offense to Figment fans, but why do so many people adore him? I never got to see the original Immagination ride, so I never knew how it was. I really couldn't truly hate the last remake since I didn't have a reference point to the past attraction.

I guess I will find out for myself when it opens.

BNCordeiro

As someone who fell in love with Figment at the ripe old age of 6, Figment is absolutely my most favorite Disney character! As to what makes him so great...that I can't really answer. It's kind of, "I can't describe it, but I know it when I feel it" Figment is just the most adorable, childlike, imaginative character in Disney.

The former attraction was a feast for the senses... it just WAS imagination. The soundtrack was addictive, the visuals were spectacular, and well..... it just WAS the best of Disney, imho.

the Journey into Your Imagination was a horrible blow to Figment fans everywhere...the camoes were almost an insult... just enough to make (at least me) a little happy but enough of a tease to outrage me as well.

I cannot wait to see the new attraction... I just pray it opens on time (I'll be in WDW from June 13-15 before going out on the Disney Cruise). I am terrified that something will happen & that I'll miss my pilgrimage to the Purple One!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom