Ready to buy, push me over the edge

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Some units are literally one grand Villa. Others are a single building at SSR or OKW. And most are a mixture of different rooms in proximity to each other. When you buy you do get told you own a fraction of a particular unit.

How do you know which units Disney own points at? The only way I can think of is to literally search for the DVCM (or whatever the name is) as an owner on the county register. Has some site documented this? 😲
If you went to the OC database and reviewed all sales involving Disney back to the beginning of time, you could identify what Disney owns. I would suggest it’s not worth your time.

nickys

Premium Member
Something to do with the shape of the kitchen in the adjacent 1BR made adding a 5th to the studios impossible, if I recall correctly.
Maybe. Or possibly a strategic decision to try and make a difference between 1-beds and studios.

That was the reason given for not adding a 5th sleeper to the 1-beds at SSR, BCV and others previously. At SSR they removed the breakfast bar to make room. Remains to be seen if they do the same at other resorts.

i<3riviera

Some units are literally one grand Villa. Others are a single building at SSR or OKW. And most are a mixture of different rooms in proximity to each other. When you buy you do get told you own a fraction of a particular unit.

How do you know which units Disney own points at? The only way I can think of is to literally search for the DVCM (or whatever the name is) as an owner on the county register. Has some site documented this? 😲
yep, though they seem to try to keep the declared points per unit somewhat consistent (at least order of magnitude); RVA for example ranges from ...
  • units 2D, 4D | 1 deluxe studio + 1 one bedroom + 1 two bedroom | 44,868 points
  • units 1A, 2A, 5D | 1 three bedroom grand villa | 45,703 points
  • 15 units | 3 two bedroom | 67,623 points
  • unit 1N | 1 two bedroom + 1 three bedroom grand villa | 68,244 points (+52% to smallest units)
I haven't seen anywhere that DVD records their ownership for specific percentages of a unit unless they are buying back deeds; they declare the resort and I think by default the assumption is if a % of a unit hasn't been deeded out to someone else, DVD retains it; so to figure out DVD's share you'd have to figure out all non-DVD shares and subtract that from 100% with the rest being DVD (some of which may also be declared to DVD if they bought back deeds)

for example, with RVA they have sold most units to ~98% with the remaining ~2% still with DVD; sum of %s ≠ sold / declared because of the rounding of the % of individual deeds

1614798450017.png

If you went to the OC database and reviewed all sales involving Disney back to the beginning of time, you could identify what Disney owns. I would suggest it’s not worth your time.
definitely not

Last edited:

correcaminos

My contracts say what unit I have. Then you have to look through the documentation and see which is your unit. I did it for PVB a couple times. I own part of a bungalow that I actually think I stayed in. The other was a set of studios.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My contracts say what unit I have. Then you have to look through the documentation and see which is your unit. I did it for PVB a couple times. I own part of a bungalow that I actually think I stayed in. The other was a set of studios.

Everyone’s contract has what Unit they share...to allow for the sale/deed under state laws.

But the reality is we have no proprietary rights. Just swimming in a pool of points with the other fish.

The fact that anyone doesn’t know a unit is listed in their contract leads me to believe they never read their contract 🤪

correcaminos

Everyone’s contract has what Unit they share...to allow for the sale/deed under state laws.

But the reality is we have no proprietary rights. Just swimming in a pool of points with the other fish.

The fact that anyone doesn’t know a unit is listed in their contract leads me to believe they never read their contract 🤪
Wasn't implying rights, just the fun of seeing which unit the contract ties you to.

People also forget what the contracts say. My resale looked different than my direct purchases. First purchase was done in 2004. Last a few years ago. I really don't remember anything from my first bit could dig it out or look online lol

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Wasn't implying rights, just the fun of seeing which unit the contract ties you to.

People also forget what the contracts say. My resale looked different than my direct purchases. First purchase was done in 2004. Last a few years ago. I really don't remember anything from my first bit could dig it out or look online lol

No...I hear ya. 👍🏻

nickys

Premium Member
Yes I know. I was asking whether any site had documented all the Disney owned points by units.

correcaminos

Yes I know. I was asking whether any site had documented all the Disney owned points by units.
Oh read that totally wrong then. Sorry. Sometimes my dyslexia really makes my comprehension wrong. Points are also often in flux so maybe they don't own specific but keep and sell as needed too?

Familyof5

They cannot have a moderate points chart though. Sure it can be one of the cheaper ones, but all points are equal in terms of what they’re worth.

1. To use three years worth of points you bank and borrow, not bank for 2 years.
3. 1-beds are the easiest to get at every resort 95% of the time. Not sure why you had trouble renting a 1-bed, maybe you wanted preferred which would be popular right now because they are all refurbed? Otherwise for the life of me cannot understand it.
Bank and borrow....yes, Good point.

1-bedroom suites with kitchens. Just my experience having trouble booking; but, we wanted a 1-week stay. Anyway, recommend planning well ahead.

nickys

Premium Member
Bank and borrow....yes, Good point.

1-bedroom suites with kitchens. Just my experience having trouble booking; but, we wanted a 1-week stay. Anyway, recommend planning well ahead.
I guess the availability could have spanned a popular weekend, like a holiday or race weekend. Or even a Moonlight Magic day, that can cause a surge in members booking 1 or 2 nights once dates are announced.

I think they used to be announced around Feb / March perhaps for the whole year. And suddenly availability would plummet as people booked in the hope of getting a ticket. If they didn’t they would then cancel, but booking was usually a couple of months before the event, so for late Summer / Fall dates it would be a while before that would happen.

But agree 100%. You need to plan well ahead or be very flexible with dates.

DugLovesU

A few misconceptions on your part.
We have walked to the West Side of DS from the Grandstand in about 5 minutes. Not a bad walk at all. I would also count the quiet pools and boat transport to DS as an advantage as well.
SSR is less than a 10 minute drive to MK, EPCOT, and HS, so hardly distant.
As far as not having a Disney feel, I have to ask - what kind of Disney feel do the Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Beach Club, Yacht Club, or Old Key West have? What does "have a Disney feel" mean to you? All of them have subtle Disney touches, as does SSR. Of course, this is my opinion, and I know that some people disagree with it.
Let me clarify about the "Disney Feel" thing. Yes there are subtle touches as there are everywhere at WDW. But it doesn't scream "DISNEY!!" at you constantly. That's what The Parks are for IMHO. When I am done with The Parks, just like when I am done at work, I want to get away & decompress. So it's only a disadvantage if a guest wants that heavy Disney immersion 24/7. Some do & some don't. To each their own.

i<3riviera

there is a listing out there for 160 AKV points w/ a Mar use year; it’s not stripped but not loaded (only current points)

you could pick it up and let the two contracts have a ROFR race

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom