News Re-Usable Bag Price Increases

Tom P.

Original Poster

Tom P.

Original Poster
they're still a cute and functional souvenir. In fact, they are the only souvenir I bought over 3 trips this year.
I'm not disagreeing with that. We've bought re-usable bags at The Disney Store and like them. But the only reason to raise prices, up to double, within months of their introduction is a cash grab. If they are really interested in being good corporate citizens and helping protect the environment, they would either keep prices low or, as @EricsBiscuit says, give them away for free.

jaxj21

For the record, I don't approve of the price increase, but giving them away for free wouldn't help the environment at all because people would not reuse them just to get as many freebies as they could.
They could do something along the lines of one free per purchase per park ticket. Annual passholders get maybe 4 per year (or 6? one of each? MK, HS, AK, Ep, Springs, Star Wars?).
Then, discount future purchases when people bring their bags with them.

cosmicgirl

They could do something along the lines of one free per purchase per park ticket. Annual passholders get maybe 4 per year (or 6? one of each? MK, HS, AK, Ep, Springs, Star Wars?).
Then, discount future purchases when people bring their bags with them.
So you split up your purchases and buy one item at a time to get as many bags as possible. And many will never be used because they're too pretty to be used. The discount might work, but I doubt they like the environment that much.

cosmicgirl

No, that's the one per park ticket part
Then what happens when you want to buy something on day 2 in that park and you didn't bring your bag? They'd have to give you a normal bag or charge you for a second one. The former isn't green and the latter is the wrong kind of green.

jaxj21

Then what happens when you want to buy something on day 2 in that park and you didn't bring your bag? They'd have to give you a normal bag or charge you for a second one. The former isn't green and the latter is the wrong kind of green.
Just offering a middle-ground. Not like it's going to happen

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Ha! This is genious, not only Disney profits from the sale of these bags, but they get free advertising from people carrying them around the parks and back at home. Wow! :rolleyes:

Tom P.

Original Poster
This. The price is to act as an incentive to actually re use it and not just take for free if you really don’t need one
Sure it is. That is exactly why Disney is doing it. It is not about making them more profitable at all. Just like eliminating the plastic bags was all about environmental responsibility and not an easy and PR-friendly way for Disney to cut a big expense. Right.

Make no mistake. The introduction of these bags, the elimination of the plastic bags, and the price increase all are motivated by one thing only: making more money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom