Re-Do a Retheme!

CookieMouse

Oh man I was trying to use those fixed stationary blasters after years of wired ones in other parks from Disneyland Paris to Disneyland to Six Flags To Lake Compounce, and I was the WORST! It's like how Millenium Falcon aims with the movement of the vehicle instead of the gun which always annoyed me. Also if the light isn't bright enough I have no idea what's going on.
I never really had issues with it since i did grow up with the ride (in fact stuff like ghost blasters always fell flat for me due to the faulty lasers but yeah) and i dunno if the scene progression is a unpopular opinion

CookieMouse

Oh and one more idea that isn’t really a retheme, but I would love to bring back the fire mountain idea as a triumphant return to non-ip rides at disney. it would be a vekoma multi launch family coaster that could also be a new version of the omnicoaster, and the first to have a drop track, swing launch, and more. Of course like the original plans it’s situated behind pirates and the jungle cruise, and is housed in a big volcano (probably like 90–00 feet tall, that looms over adventureland and can even be seen from seven seas lagoon and rhe resorts. The story would be tied into s.e.a and mostly indoors. Think of it as a souped up expedition everest. Might also have some moana inspiration too (not a direct ip, but just more a subtle nod like dinosaurs inclusion of aladar)

TomboyJanet

Original Poster
I never really had issues with it since i did grow up with the ride (in fact stuff like ghost blasters always fell flat for me due to the faulty lasers but yeah) and i dunno if the scene progression is a unpopular opinion
It was my first laser ride but I had like a 22 year absence from WDW due to things I cant control and in that time I did rides like that Operation Reeses Pieces or whatever it's called at Hershey and the Buzz in LA and Paris and I totally forgot that it was like this here. It caught me off guard. Either way I had lots of fun spinning the car around like a teacup! lol

rileygross

Retheme Ratatouille to a Tour de France race around the country ride. You could be following the race but also getting a view of the country of France. IP doesn't belong in World Showcase

TomboyJanet

Original Poster
Retheme Ratatouille to a Tour de France race around the country ride. You could be following the race but also getting a view of the country of France. IP doesn't belong in World Showcase

If that's the case just bring back Maelstrom. I really liked Maelstrom. It had it's faults but It was sooooooo coool

rileygross

If that's the case just bring back Maelstrom. I really liked Maelstrom. It had it's faults but It was sooooooo coool
I totally agree! Bring back Maelstrom with an expanded show building and better technology which would make it so much better than a cheap Frozen ride. Frozen should be in Fantasyland. World Showcase also needs more pavilions.

TomboyJanet

Original Poster
I totally agree! Bring back Maelstrom with an expanded show building and better technology which would make it so much better than a cheap Frozen ride. Frozen should be in Fantasyland. World Showcase also needs more pavilions.
I'd like to see that Spain Paviion someone posted about. It looks really awesome. I also think they should do a South American country which is not represented yet at all. Australia would be cool too.

CookieMouse

Oh yes, and i would also retheme its a small world at magic kingdom to a more thematically appropriate enchanted forest ride that goes through different scenes inspired by disney movies that dont have their dedicated rides in fantasyland. I made a ai image that is kind of a example of what the loading area would look like.
46D75B29-065D-4B70-B744-30F5DF31141F.jpeg

AADC760B-5681-4329-A704-2633D052135C.jpeg

CookieMouse

Some of the scenes would include the tangled lanterns scene, frozen, pinocchio, aladdin, beauty and the beast, and sleeping beauty. Possibly fantasia too

MickeyMouse10

Oh and one more idea that isn’t really a retheme, but I would love to bring back the fire mountain idea as a triumphant return to non-ip rides at disney. it would be a vekoma multi launch family coaster that could also be a new version of the omnicoaster, and the first to have a drop track, swing launch, and more. Of course like the original plans it’s situated behind pirates and the jungle cruise, and is housed in a big volcano (probably like 90–00 feet tall, that looms over adventureland and can even be seen from seven seas lagoon and rhe resorts. The story would be tied into s.e.a and mostly indoors. Think of it as a souped up expedition everest. Might also have some moana inspiration too (not a direct ip, but just more a subtle nod like dinosaurs inclusion of aladar)

What a coincidence, that was my original idea for the other thread. But the task was for Magic Kingdom and my version sounded too much like an Animal Kingdom attraction. Because I combined Fire Mountain with Dragon Mountain.

MickeyMouse10

Yep, indeed Frozen is a better attraction, but Maelstrom fits Epcot much better. They should have just upgraded it.

And put Frozen in either Magic or Hollywood Studios. Picture what a Frozen land would look like in the Echo Lake area. That would really help with crowd flow too, because each direction would be covered.

rileygross

Yep, indeed Frozen is a better attraction, but Maelstrom fits Epcot much better. They should have just upgraded it.

And put Frozen in either Magic or Hollywood Studios. Picture what a Frozen land would look like in the Echo Lake area. That would really help with crowd flow too, because each direction would be covered.
Yeah put Arendelle around echo lake, it would look amazing!

MickeyMouse10

Or they could have done it instead of beauty and the beast if frozen was out when new fantasyland was made, besides bog isnt that necessary (we already had cinderellas Royal table

Frozen just missed it by less than a year. Same thing happened with Disneyland Paris' castle. If they just waited to see Beauty and the Beasts box office numbers in 1991. We could have gotten Belle and Beast's castle.

New Fantasyland - December 2012
Frozen - November 2013

CookieMouse

Frozen just missed it by less than a year. Same thing happened with Disneyland Paris' castle. If they just waited to see Beauty and the Beasts box office numbers in 1991. We could have gotten Belle and Beast's castle.

New Fantasyland - December 2012
Frozen - November 2013
Nah, it was way different than that. New fantasyland (the bog portion) finished construction in december 2012, plans were finalized years before then. Even still, be our guest should have been a ride, not sure what (maybe not a trackless dark ride because the space would still be a tad small but something. Maybe a car toon spin style large scale dark ride?

MickeyMouse10

Nah, it was way different than that. New fantasyland (the bog portion) finished construction in december 2012, plans were finalized years before then. Even still, be our guest should have been a ride, not sure what (maybe not a trackless dark ride because the space would still be a tad small but something. Maybe a car toon spin style large scale dark ride?

Oh yeah, Enchanted Tales is such a waste of space. It feels like a kindergarten play in the middle of a theme park.

It doesn't make any sense, they have 3 B & B attractions and they are all either a movie or play.

CookieMouse

Oh yeah, Enchanted Tales is such a waste of space. It feels like a kindergarten play in the middle of a theme park.

It doesn't make any sense, they have 3 B & B attractions and they are all either a movie or play.
would have been better if it was a more elaborate walkthrough attraction, think wdws answer to the sleeping beauty walkthrough at disneyland. actually that could still happen even if you kept be our guest!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom