Rate the Hotels!!!

cuteypatooty78

I thought it would be interesting if the Disney World frequent visitors who have stayed in many of the WDW resorts would rate the different themed hotels and tell us which are the best of the best. Please list best deluxe, moderate, etc... For example:

Deluxe: GF, Moderate, etc.

DDPGambit

Deluxe: Poly
Moderate: Dixie Landings
Value: All Star Music

Why Poly?
The theming is awesome! You even forget your at Disney sometimes! I just really like the layout and the look of the place, compared to the other two DX resorts ive been to, Wilderness Lodge and Boardwalk.

Why 'Port-Dixie'?
It's my favorite Disney resort. I have a thing for that deep south theming (probably because of my love of a certain comic book character *hint hint look at my name hint hint*) and I just think it's so rad. The food court is really cool, its one of the few places in WDW that has lots of different choices.

Why Music?
ASM is just much quieter than the other two. Sports is so-so, but Movies is always so noisy! One of the things I like about Music is that when I'd come back to my room at night, it'd be nice and quiet, peaceful.

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

I LOVE Port Orleans! It's compact, yet so pretty! (Ya'll will have to forgive me, I go with the old names!) Love DL too, not the mansions though...AB section has more privacy, and less walking to the bus stops! :D

Upvote 0

Rehabilitated

Hmmm...between being a former cast member in the Central Reservations Office and my proclivity for going 2-3 times per year, I'd have to say:

Deluxe: Grand Floridian
I like being treated well and being surrounded by the nicer things in life. Easy access to everything. Great food and atmosphere.

Moderate: Coronado Springs
I like the themeing and the pool is great. Good layout and we always are treated well. I've had bad experiences with staff at the CBR and PO/DL.

Value: Fort Wilderness Campground
It's great as an adult and the most fun with or as a kid. Campfire sing-a-longs, bicycles, the beach, River Country, petting zoo, boats to the MK, plus it's where we usually stayed when I was a kid so it brings back fond memories. I ALWAYS get a rude cast member experience at the All Star resorts.

Upvote 0

wdwfan22

Deluxe: Grand Floridian Resort & Spa -- The service outshines every other Disney resort. Trust me I've stayed at them all.

Moderate: Port Orleans - Riverside -- Themeing is excellent

Value: All Star Movies -- No reason

19 days to go :):):):)

Upvote 0

Sweetums

Wilderness Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, and Wilderness Lodge....and did I mention....The Wilderness Lodge?

It is absolutely my favorite place to stay ANYWHERE. It is so beautiful and peaceful. The pool is awesome. The restaurants are wonderful. It feels like you've left Florida and been transported to the Northwest (of course, that's the idea, right?).

I got to go on a tour of it before it opened and it was love at first sight.

My only complaint is that I can't afford to stay there every time I go. :(

Also--I think all of the Disney Vacation Club resorts are incredible. I especially like the Hilton Head Island resort. I haven't seen the new DVC Wilderness Lodge accomodations, but I am sure they will become my new favorites.

Upvote 0

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Well here I go:

Deluxe : 3 way Tie for me...too hard to pick just one..... Most of these are based on design and looks.

1) Grand Floridian (this place screams classy...maybe when my company goes public and I take the golden parachute out.... I will stay there;) )

2)Contemporary...(the monorail runs thru it....how cool is that?)

3)Poly (for that Island look and feel)

Moderate :
*looks at sig and avatar*
Port Orleans- French Quarter

Value:
I am undecided....get back to you later on that one ;)

Upvote 0

mbaker1277

VALUE- IF I HAVE TO I WOULD PICK ALL-STAR MOVIES, BECAUSE IT IS NEWER AND BETTER LAID OUT THAN THE OTHER ALL STAR RESORTS. PLUS, THE LARGER THAN LIFE DISNEY CHARACTERS APPEAL TO ALL CHILDREN(AND THE CHILD IN SOME OF US)!

MODERATE---- PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE 1ST, THEN CORONADO SPRINGS THEY BOTH TRANSPORT YOU TO ANOTHER TIME OR PLACE SO EFFECTIVELY, AND THE GROUNDS AND POOL AREAS ARE SO BEAUTIFUL. THEY ALSO HAVE GREAT FOOD COURTS AND LOTS OF RECREATIONAL OPTIONS, PLUS THE ROOMS ARE DECORATED SO WELL WITH THE THEMING OF THE RESORT.

DELUXE----WILDERNESS LODGE AFTER STAYING HERE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN JANUARY WE DECIDED THAT THIS WOULD BE OUR CHOICE EVERY TIME! ALL OF THE THEMING AND DECOR IS BREATHTAKING AND INSPIRING.

Upvote 0

gjpjtj

Value: All Star Movies

Having only stayed at the value resorts, I can only report that I liked Movies the best, only because I feel the Disney theme is better there.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Value....I've never stayed at one so can't judge.

Moderate....I stayed at CBR when it first opened. I liked the beach aspect, but since they've been closed to swimming, that's not a factor. I found the rooms very small....and that was with only one child!

Deluxe....I haven't stayed at all of them, but AKL is my favorite at present. (I just stayed at a 2 BR Boardwalk Villa, but can't afford to drop that kind of money every time!) I really enjoyed having a zoo outside my window, and liked being "away" from it all. However, from your descriptions, it looks like I might enjoy WL, also.

Upvote 0

DrMouse

This is a hard one b/c Disney is so good at the themes that you are taken away to another place in many of them and it depends on my mood as to where I want Disney to take me away to.

Deluxe Resorts would be Grand Floridian when I want to be treated like a king and have the money to blow. I love the AK Resort for its ability to take me away but the Wilderness Lodge will do that too. It is too hard for me to decide b/c I can't rule out the Poly either. I am rambling.....I just try to make dinner in each of them when I am there so that I get a feel of each, it could be done.....I could switch to a new resort each night......hummmm

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom