Ratatouille dark ride concept

RSoxNo1

There is not nearly enough space for this where Mailboomber was and how would it fit the theme of Paridise Pier?

It really doesn't fit into Paradise pier, this is just one of the known expansion pads

I am not sure i agree with you on this one. I prefer the idea of MI coaster since DHS has had a MI presence for years with the characters and M&G. Ratatouille would be a great fit for something in France in world showcase. There is no French themeing in DHS and it would be odd to see such theming at the end of Pixar Place.

I'm not against a Monster's Inc ride in Pixar place, I'm against another ride that would be limited by a height requirement. Pixar Place (and the Studios in general) needs another Family friendly D/E-Ticket, Coasters no matter how tame don't fit that description.

There are plenty of pads for a square shed :wave:

The Mailboomer spot is a planned entrance to a future dark ride site behind Screamin' much like TSMM. A ride line of TSMM, this, another dark ride (10 year plan), Goofys Sky School and Mermaid would be an impressive neighbourhood.

Indeed, although Goofys Sky School and the other Midway/Carnival attractions aren't exactly great, they fit in thematically.

More of the "iceberg" becomes uncovered. :drevil:

Do we have an announcement to look forward to for WDW at the D23 Expo?

Cosmic Commando

Indeed, although Goofys Sky School and the other Midway/Carnival attractions aren't exactly great, they fit in thematically.

I know we're OT and on the wrong coast here, but does anyone know how Goofy's Sky School fits into Paradise Pier? It probably wouldn't bother me very much, but there is an entire land in the same park themed to aviation. It would be like building the Ratatouille ride in World Showcase, but putting it in Italy!

Choodles

I know we're OT and on the wrong coast here, but does anyone know how Goofy's Sky School fits into Paradise Pier? It probably wouldn't bother me very much, but there is an entire land in the same park themed to aviation. It would be like building the Ratatouille ride in World Showcase, but putting it in Italy!

Yea I agree but Condor Flats is going bye bye it's supposed to be absorbed by Grizzly National park.

RSoxNo1

Alan over at Disney and more has posted an amazing article about the project including more pictures.

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2011/05/wds-ratatouille-dark-ride-artwork-and.html

So looking at this photo we can get a perspective of the size:

localisationratatouille.jpg

A look at the Disneyland Paris aerial photo you can see the size of the area the attraction is going to go in:

DisneylandParis.jpg

To fit this next to Toy Story Mania would require demolishing some buildings, but any work in that area would require demolishing some buildings:

HollywoodStudios.jpg

As for the Maliboomer location at DCA, it would really have to be the entrance to the attraction. I imagine a situation like Toy Story Mania where part of the attraction has to be built under California Screamin'. As for how it would fit in thematically - I got nothing.

DisneyCaliforniaAdventure.jpg

TP2000

I assume in DCA it would go on the Mailboomer spot?

There is a pretty reliable insider on another Disneyland board I frequent that a couple months ago said this Ratatouille ride was being prepped for both the Paris park and DCA.

At DCA it would go in Paradise Pier, and the current Maliboomer pad and adjacent (and rather large) shopping complex would be turned in to a fancy French restaurant facade on the boardwalk with the main show building back behind Screamin', a la' Toy Story Midway Mania.

Although I would think it would fit perfectly in the France pavilion at World Showcase. But a couple months ago this insider said it was only being planned for Paris and Anaheim, nothing in WDW. At least not yet. :shrug:

nemofinder22

Alan over at Disney and more has posted an amazing article about the project including more pictures.

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2011/05/wds-ratatouille-dark-ride-artwork-and.html

Cool! I always forget to check his blog :(

But this would be a fantastic addition to World Showcase. Maybe it could just take the empty plot of land next to it.:shrug:

For the WDSP it would just help me want to go to DLRP even more.

DCA I would be happy to see this as full fledged replacement of Maliboomer, but on the other hand I can already hear all the complaints about it not fitting the theme. Course you could pull a French family migrated to CA and opened a restaurant on the pier. Which Im pretty sure is the story behind the new Garden Grill and Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta.

devoy1701

So this attraction is an E-ticket and is under construction in Paris right now and being prepped for both DCA and DHS even though Juan cannot come right out and confirm? I think that's what I'm getting from this thread... Can someone just respond with a yes or no so we can all get on the same page?! :D

NewfieFan

So this attraction is an E-ticket and is under construction in Paris right now and being prepped for both DCA and DHS even though Juan cannot come right out and confirm? I think that's what I'm getting from this thread... Can someone just respond with a yes or no so we can all get on the same page?! :D

And what year it will be, please! My children are 7 and 5 now... how old will they be when this opens... or will I have grandchildren by then!?!

lwalker8

The figure is wrong. It is closer to $150m which includes all infrastructure, buildings and the total restaurant facility and associated utilities. Factor in just the ride and you get a figure closer to what a full on family E Ticket should cost.

Remember Potter came in under budget ;)

This sounds more realistic. Thanks for the update.

Hummer1676

Original Poster

It has been approved by the government in France but still needs to go to the bank for funding. That is what may hold it up. It talks about it at "disney and more blog". There is no confirmation that it is going anywhere else as of yet.

devoy1701

Please stop with the 3-D.

Many of us can not "see" the 3-D effects and it gives others head aches.

i think it's more like "some" cannot see the 3D effects, not "many"...

I really enjoy the 3D attractions and movies nowadays...infact the only way we go to a movie anymore is if it's in 3D since prices are ridiculous today!

7thton

i think it's more like "some" cannot see the 3D effects, not "many"...

I really enjoy the 3D attractions and movies nowadays...infact the only way we go to a movie anymore is if it's in 3D since prices are ridiculous today!

I think you are underestimating the issue. A recent study found that 12% of people in the UK cannot see or are very uncomfortable watching 3D.

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2010-07/13/study-12-percent-of-uk-cant-see-3d-images-properly

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom