Ratatouille dark ride concept

_Scar

Let's assume that 12% of Americans struggle with 3D. That is approximately 36 million people.

That is "many" in my book.

Not really :shrug: 1 out of 10 people? That's not enough to stop the success of 3-D in recent decades.

And seriously? DCA gets it? At least it will only further complicate DCA's "theme". But I can only smirk at their theme problem for so long until I realize just how much DCA has.

devoy1701

Not really :shrug: 1 out of 10 people? That's not enough to stop the success of 3-D in recent decades.

And seriously? DCA gets it? At least it will only further complicate DCA's "theme". But I can only smirk at their theme problem for so long until I realize just how much DCA has.

on a side bar...My Fiance and I thought DCA was a fantastic park and this was before even WoC opened! We spend 3 days exploring the park and still didn't do everything! I can't wait to experience it again after the revamp has been completed!

Animaniac93-98

Let's assume that 12% of Americans struggle with 3D. That is approximately 36 million people.

That is "many" in my book.

So 88% are fine with it? As in an overwhelming majority are fine with it? And how many of those 36 million are a) going to WDW and b) forced to experience all 3-D attractions during their visit? Keep in mind Disney also builds rides with 44" height and other requirements that prevent 100% of visitors from seeing them, but the majority still can.

I think this would fit best in WS France too.

_Scar

on a side bar...My Fiance and I thought DCA was a fantastic park and this was before even WoC opened! We spend 3 days exploring the park and still didn't do everything! I can't wait to experience it again after the revamp has been completed!

I've never actually been there, but man... with all this stuff they're getting it seems pretty hard to pass up.

And the 12% who don't like 3-D rides avoid the small number of 3-D attractions. Seems simple.

Choodles

I've never actually been there, but man... with all this stuff they're getting it seems pretty hard to pass up.

And the 12% who don't like 3-D rides avoid the small number of 3-D attractions. Seems simple.

DCA is going to be a spectacular park when it's done. I was there two years ago and can't wait to go back.

88% can do it I say in business you always cater to the majority.

SyracuseOrange

Anyone else notice that the ride building is MASSIVE? It looks nearly twice as big as Small World or Mansion. Does Ratatouille really warrant a 10+ minute ride?...

In Paris, I'd say yes - I went to DLSP a few months ago, and they are big fans of Ratatouille over there. It will be nice to see them finally getting a ride out of it.

RSoxNo1

There is a pretty reliable insider on another Disneyland board I frequent that a couple months ago said this Ratatouille ride was being prepped for both the Paris park and DCA.

At DCA it would go in Paradise Pier, and the current Maliboomer pad and adjacent (and rather large) shopping complex would be turned in to a fancy French restaurant facade on the boardwalk with the main show building back behind Screamin', a la' Toy Story Midway Mania.

Although I would think it would fit perfectly in the France pavilion at World Showcase. But a couple months ago this insider said it was only being planned for Paris and Anaheim, nothing in WDW. At least not yet. :shrug:

That was my understanding as well, but the thought may be that it would be a welcome addition to Paris, Florida and California - if they can save money on 2, they can save money on 3.

Be forewarned though, this is the thought process that Tom Staggs had for the Tron Coaster and money wasn't approved for that.

So this attraction is an E-ticket and is under construction in Paris right now and being prepped for both DCA and DHS even though Juan cannot come right out and confirm? I think that's what I'm getting from this thread... Can someone just respond with a yes or no so we can all get on the same page?! :D

It is not under construction. It is however the next likely project at Disney Studios Paris. It's also possible that it will be cloned at DCA and/or Walt Disney World. That's all people are saying, by no means is this guaranteed.

Please stop with the 3-D.

Many of us can not "see" the 3-D effects and it gives others head aches.

Am I the only one that immediately thought of the quote from Can't Hardly Wait, "I saw no third dimension"?

As for the actual problem about not being able to see 3D, is this all types of 3D, because the effect can be achieved a few different ways.

The attraction lineup at DCA is fairly strong. If you enjoy bouncing from attraction to attraction (which I certainly do) then the park holds up pretty well. The problem for me (and presumably for others), is that the theming was lackluster and as such it lacked the indescribable "feel" of a Disney park

DCA is going to be a spectacular park when it's done. I was there two years ago and can't wait to go back.

88% can do it I say in business you always cater to the majority.

Isn't that what Jay Rasulo said? I'm more partial to Walt: "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."

Choodles

In Paris, I'd say yes - I went to DLSP a few months ago, and they are big fans of Ratatouille over there. It will be nice to see them finally getting a ride out of it.

This is one of the only reasons I would take it in EPCOT because The French love it and it really does do a good job representing part of their culture.

SyracuseOrange

This is one of the only reasons I would take it in EPCOT because The French love it and it really does do a good job representing part of their culture.

Eh, I'm not a fan of it being in EPCOT. I'm of the camp that there should be as little movie integration into World Showcase as possible.

RSoxNo1

I think the attraction should be part of a restaurant complex in Pixar Place. The DHS dedication plaque reads:

The World you have entered was created by The Walt Disney Company and is dedicated to Hollywood - not a place on the map, but a state of mind that exists wherever people dream and wonder and imagine, a place where illusion and reality are fused by technological magic. We welcome you to a Hollywood that never was - and always will be.

To me, this dedication plaque is the most intriguing of any of the 4 parks. Look at things like "Where illusion and reality are fused by technological magic" and "a Hollywood that never was - and always will be." So in this case we can look at what Pixar Place represents, it represents the make believe interpretation of the Pixar studios. While some of the brick work may be identical, it should be a place where the characters in their movies come to life. This happens in Toy Story Mania, and it should and could happen in a Ratatouille Dark ride.

The same would be true in a Lucasland where we have some of the productino elements in Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, but also have the ability to travel to this make believe lands in the Star Wars universe. That blending of reality and "technological magic" can be used to explain away quite a bit, but it certainly lends itself to some amazing possibilities.

flavious27

Not usually a fan of many characters in EC but I would love to see this ride put in WS.

Too high of a cost and I wouldn't want the a franchise skin in WS. I don't know how wdi could properly integrate this theme into the parks. If disney added a Parisian resort, they could add at least the two restaurants in Ratatouille.

Attached is a link to the approved concept for Disneyland Paris. Is this a sign that the ride for Hollywood is on its way?

http://www.coasterforce.com/news/park-news/1517-new-disneyland-paris-dark-ride-plans-revealed

$212 million attraction? I won't hold my breath for tdo spending that much on a 3d dark ride.

WVParkfan

I agree... I didn't find any of the parts of the movie worthy of a whole ride. :\

I would have to disagree. The scene where Remy loses his family in the storm drain and rides the rapids all the way to Paris would be a great dark ride! I could see the opening queue loading in the farm land, and the ride ending in Paris at night, with plenty of rapids along the way.

devoy1701

The ride also doesn't necessarily have to be based on the plot of the movie. Just the characters of the movie. They could make a whole new adventure if they wanted to and presented it right.

gamblepsu

What I could see work is an interactive ride where you can make elements in a room interact with you. A house scene, kitchen scene (Where if you 'open the closet door' you will see the tied up inspector), etc.

montyz81

I am in this camp as well but this and maybe some thing small Mulan in China I could accept.

I agree with you too. That is what it was when I visited in march 1983. That didn't work, Kids got bored quickly walking around WS (I do remember being a bit bored until I got a dragon lollypop from Japan, I was 12). It appeals to me now. It does also appeal to my son, right now is a good balance of kids focus and adult focus with it being 60-70% adult oriented and the rest kid focused. It should go much more past that as then it will be less for all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom