Ratatouille dark ride concept

misterID

This ride has been on the burner for 2-3 years now. Trust me, it`d make a great much needed clone for both DHS and DCA.

Yeah, I heard it's basically a done deal for DCA to get it.

Isn't Japan supposed to get an original dark ride for WS at some point?

RSoxNo1

This ride has been on the burner for 2-3 years now. Trust me, it`d make a great much needed clone for both DHS and DCA.

I agree - I think this would be a much more logical addition to DHS than the Monster's Inc Coaster. I assume in DCA it would go on the Mailboomer spot?

Choodles

I agree - I think this would be a much more logical addition to DHS than the Monster's Inc Coaster. I assume in DCA it would go on the Mailboomer spot?

There is not nearly enough space for this where Mailboomber was and how would it fit the theme of Paridise Pier?

PhilharMagician

I am not sure i agree with you on this one. I prefer the idea of MI coaster since DHS has had a MI presence for years with the characters and M&G. Ratatouille would be a great fit for something in France in world showcase. There is no French themeing in DHS and it would be odd to see such theming at the end of Pixar Place.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
where would it go at DHS?
There are plenty of pads for a square shed :wave:

There is not nearly enough space for this where Mailboomber was and how would it fit the theme of Paridise Pier?
The Mailboomer spot is a planned entrance to a future dark ride site behind Screamin' much like TSMM. A ride line of TSMM, this, another dark ride (10 year plan), Goofys Sky School and Mermaid would be an impressive neighbourhood.

Choodles

The Mailboomer spot is a planned entrance to a future dark ride site behind Screamin' much like TSMM. A ride line of TSMM, this, another dark ride (10 year plan), Goofys Sky School and Mermaid would be an impressive neighbourhood.

Ah I see thank you.

But it still is a terrible fit for Paridise Pier.

mickey2008.1

I am not sure i agree with you on this one. I prefer the idea of MI coaster since DHS has had a MI presence for years with the characters and M&G. Ratatouille would be a great fit for something in France in world showcase. There is no French themeing in DHS and it would be odd to see such theming at the end of Pixar Place.

I agree with you here. I just dont see how it would fit in at DHS. MI coaster would work better. Plus matbe there could be a tie in with Sci Fi diner, which need some help.

Choodles

I agree with you here. I just dont see how it would fit in at DHS. MI coaster would work better. Plus matbe there could be a tie in with Sci Fi diner, which need some help.

Actually I don't think the MI coaster fits that well in DHS but I also don't think TSMM fits either.

Hummer1676

Original Poster

Where are they putting this at WDS? Also, what are they planning for the soundstage near Pixar Place? Is it a Monster Inc Coaster or the Ratatouille Coaster. Does anyone know?

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Where are they putting this at WDS? Also, what are they planning for the soundstage near Pixar Place? Is it a Monster Inc Coaster or the Ratatouille Coaster. Does anyone know?

In WDSP, this will go at the back right of the park (as you enter), behind the Crush's Coaster and ops buildings. To get there, you'll take the newly created path out of Toon Studios that leads to the back entrance/exit of the newly-completed Toy Story Playland. That path was completed and opened with Toy Story Playland, and actually has French theming, including benches with little rats in the ironwork. There is also a carved face of Gusteau that already exists but has been covered up. As you walk up this path, you will pass the entrance to the back of Toy Story Playland on the left (where the path now ends) and continue into the Paris-themed area.

It's a bit hard to describe in narrative, but easy to see when you are there.

lwalker8

Anyone else think $212 million is a tad much for a dark ride? And when I say a tad I mean like ten times what the budget should probably be?

Mission: Space had a $100 million as did Expedition Everest. This has to be a misprint or mistake.

Choodles

Anyone else think $212 million is a tad much for a dark ride? And when I say a tad I mean like ten times what the budget should probably be?

Mission: Space had a $100 million as did Expedition Everest. This has to be a misprint or mistake.

It's the trackless ride system it's extremely expensive. It's the system that they were considering dropping from Mystic Manor in favor of a cheaper omnimover but thank god they didn't.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Anyone else think $212 million is a tad much for a dark ride?
The figure is wrong. It is closer to $150m which includes all infrastructure, buildings and the total restaurant facility and associated utilities. Factor in just the ride and you get a figure closer to what a full on family E Ticket should cost.

Remember Potter came in under budget ;)

Neverland

Anyone else notice that the ride building is MASSIVE? It looks nearly twice as big as Small World or Mansion. Does Ratatouille really warrant a 10+ minute ride?...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom