News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Here's one reason.
View attachment 279204

By the way. Wouldn't be nice if they could something to the outside of this building. Beside just painting it Go-away Blue.

We wouldn't want the view across the lagoon have any extraneous sightlines that take away from the majesty of the national pavilions.

1524255875086.png

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Castle Cake Apologist

We wouldn't want the view across the lagoon have any extraneous sightlines that take away from the majesty of the national pavilions.

View attachment 279208
The Transportation Pavilion was designed to be seen in the round. It is not a warehouse trying to be hidden with paint.
Indeed. Including Norway anything built in the park was designed to be seen from anywhere it was visible.

Gentlemen, with respect, I think you've been back and forth on this before and didn't manage to change the minds of either side.

...but Martin and @lazyboy97o are right in that the original Future World buildings were designed to be viewable from all visible sides. How successful you found the end result may obviously vary.

The Empress Lilly

Still doesn't change the fact that it completely wrecks the view of the Pavillion though.
You are meant to see the architectural marvel that is the WoM building from WS as much as the SSE building.

It doesn't wreck any view, it makes it!

I blame TT, which has added exterior layers of clutter on this gorgeous pavilion, perhaps leading some modern visitors into thinking the WoM building is a ride wharehouse.

nickys

Premium Member
Indeed. I’ll just leave this official promo shot here.

View attachment 279238

Now see, that is a fantastic shot. I love it.

Unfortunately, in @MisterPenguin's shot, it looks to me like there's a circular concrete bunker right behind the Pavillion. From the right vantage point, I'm sure the original WoM building would look great.

I just really, really don't like the shot that was posted. And yes, to me, from that vantage point, it looks awful.

lazyboy97o

Now see, that is a fantastic shot. I love it.

Unfortunately, in @MisterPenguin's shot, it looks to me like there's a circular concrete bunker right behind the Pavillion. From the right vantage point, I'm sure the original WoM building would look great.

I just really, really don't like the shot that was posted. And yes, to me, from that vantage point, it looks awful.
There is a difference though between intent and success.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom