Rat bit man at MK. Man sues. No comment from rat.

njDizFan

I believe that's a Roof Rat.
They're native to Florida.
Rodent_Rat.jpg

Who you calling a roof rat?

mouse_luv

He looks shady for sure!

lol Your story reminded me of something I saw years ago at the beach. Some family or person had left their cooler open when they went to go swimming in the water. I just happened to be looking at their setup as I was relaxing and saw a seagull swoop down and pilfer a ziploc bag with at least 2 sandwiches in it and just fly away! LOL I just started to laugh because it was so random and funny and unexpected. Like the seagull had been patiently waiting and was waiting for them to get up and leave. I never got to see the owner's reactions when they came back, but I bet they thought a human stole the food, not ever knowing it was in fact a bird that was the thief!
Seagulls, may they all go to Hades. Sitting outside eating my fish & chips from Yorkshire in WS when one of those rats with wings swoops down, grabs the piece of succulent fish in my hand I was preparing to eat, bonking me in the head in the process. I swear I heard an evil laugh as it flew off. Dang bird was lucky I didn't have a slingshot and rock or it would be floating webbed feet up in the lagoon.

CPmlVxk.png

tissandtully

There's the black rat boxes everywhere, you can find them if you're looking for them, generally in the bushes. They do a really good job about keeping them under control, which is very very hard. Just look at NYC. I recommend the documentary "Rats" on Netflix, it's crazy.

DisneyCane

Here is the plantiff's account of the incident per his Facebook:

"Had a wonder full week/great time/then last day Got bit by a rat coming out of Buz Light Year Ride while pushing Carol in wheel chair-yes rat-Mickey's angry uncle Mortimer got me-
I have been sick since with dizzieness-shortness of breathe-no stamina-unsteady gate-poor vision and headaches.
Lost my job and can no longer drive.
BUT all in all I loved the vacation."

Just went on facebook and searched the name + disney and that was the first hit I got.

Nice find. I can't wait for the expert testimony about what can cause these symptoms from a rat bite yet not cause a serious illness like Hanta Virus or Rabies. Last I checked, rats don't inject neurotoxin.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Nice find. I can't wait for the expert testimony about what can cause these symptoms from a rat bite yet not cause a serious illness like Hanta Virus or Rabies. Last I checked, rats don't inject neurotoxin.
There are a myriad of nasty diseases you can get from a rat bite, but very few are native to the US. Left untreated, nearly any animal bite could cause a pretty serious infection.

It will be interesting to see if this guy declined or did not seek medical treatment after getting bit.

Dizneykid

We went three years in a row without seeing even a mosquito. Disney clearly does an extraordinary job keeping things maintained. I do think this story is a little funny but also gross. It's always been exceptionally clean when we've gone. I can confidently say that kicking the rat wouldn't have occured to me but I guess you never know what rats are going to do. Haha weird story.

ABQ

Yeah, and though it's easy to pass judgement from afar, it's just peculiar that all the symptoms being experienced are the kind which would be near impossible to disprove are taking place.

rael ramone

Rats have been an issue for a while I think @rael ramone has a pic in his avatar

It looks like they expanded this special Meet And Greet, designed by TDO to demonstrate their undying commitment to Park Cleanliness...

(and yes, the avatar was underneath Spaceship Earth)

But seriously, this is not good.

http://www.victorpest.com/articles/seven-rat-facts-cringe

(Didn't $DIS have a film that featured a restaurant being closed down due to the presence of rats? And aren't they going to use the IP from this film to add another attraction down there?)...

Dizneykid

You might want to consider a resort not in the state of Florida.;)

HAHA! In all seriousness, we never encountered anything and we visited 3 years in a row. I'll hedge my bets by doing a room check now. I think it's incredible that I can even say that I never observed any of these yucky critters at a park of this size. My sister got pooped on by a bird when we went as kids but that was hilarious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom