Rat bit man at MK. Man sues. No comment from rat.

disney1023

Back in February, a rat ran from the back kitchen of La Hacienda de San Angel (the reteraunt in Mexico) to the front door and back to the kitchen area, where it then ran out to the World Showcase lagoon. My group and I got three free nights at a moderate and three free fast passes for three separate days. We basically got three free days at Disney.

21stamps

Back in February, a rat ran from the back kitchen of La Hacienda de San Angel (the reteraunt in Mexico) to the front door and back to the kitchen area, where it then ran out to the World Showcase lagoon. My group and I got three free nights at a moderate and three free fast passes for three separate days. We basically got three free days at Disney.

I’m super curious..What exactly did you say to guest services?

crxbrett

Rats are everywhere, so it's not shocking they're in the parks, either. Anytime there's food or garbage or fruit or veggies, there's going to be rodents.

I actually have never seen a rat in all the visits I've had to WDW, but I always assumed they were there. The cats probably do a good job of cutting down the population as well as other methods Disney uses.

I stumbled across these videos on YT recently (before this story) of rodent sightings at AK and EPCOT.

mouse (possible rat) at AK
EPCOT rodent
AKL landing meet & greet surprise

IanDLBZF

“Disney violated its duty to keep its park clean and safe by allowing conditions to get to the point where rats were inhabiting the park and were even bold enough to come out openly, among people,” read the lawsuit filed March 19.
Hope FL Department of Health finds out about this and fines Disney.

Sonconato

Ah, nostalgic memories of rodent experiences...
  1. Odyssey restaurant, in the window box in 1992 (this was a mouse, actually),
  2. Magic Kingdom, falling out a tree next to the castle (Liberty Square side),
  3. Near Imagination, falling out of a tree,
  4. Speedway gas station (near Hollywood Studios), across my feet (a limo driver watched the whole thing like a TV show and told us it was Mickey Mouse),
  5. Animal Kingdom, in front of the Tusker House,
  6. Near Imagination, in front of the bathrooms...
but it really isn't Disney's fault. Two rats have fallen out of the sky in my backyard, which I assume falcons dropped. Oh! And then there was the time I watched a snake chase a rat across my fence like a Tom and Jerry cartoon. As long as they are not venomous, I have grown to like snakes quite a bit, actually. Seriously, though, I feel terrible for the man who got bit by a rat.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
I’m guessing it began “Hello my name is Katiebug and I am not happy.”

3A051CCA-0FF1-4D27-BB73-033561D0C928.jpeg

crxbrett

This is unfortunately all too common - people suing for any little thing they can. I am going to guess this one gets thrown out of court. Sucks it happened for the two people, but it had nothing to with Disney being negligent - there's no possible way Disney can be held responsible for controlling rodents in a giant park that also happens to be outside. This is pretty much the equivalent of someone suing Disney for getting stung by a bee or wasp or getting bit from a mosquito on property.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom