Rarely seen: Donald Duck

DonaldDoleWhip

Mecha Figment said:
Donald no longer has a trailer at MGM. it was very recently converted to a little Einstien meet and greet trailer. best places to see donald are at animal kingdom and at Epcot character connection. sometimes he makes apperances at toon town.
how recently?

I was at MGM 1 1/2 weeks ago, and I saw his trailer alive and well.

He was at the Character Connection, I remember. Also Pluto, Goofy, Minnie and Alice (but I never actually took a good look inside).

Mecha Figment

like three days ago recenly. and the abc theater has changed to the ESPN theather although that may just be temporary.

And as of right now the only muppets you will be able to meet and greet is Piggy and Kermit. Sweetums is only in muppets 3d and in the parade. All the other characters have long since been stored away since VOLM now occupies their now defunct show.

Enderikari

Mecha Figment said:
like three days ago recenly. and the abc theater has changed to the ESPN theather although that may just be temporary.

And as of right now the only muppets you will be able to meet and greet is Piggy and Kermit. Sweetums is only in muppets 3d and in the parade. All the other characters have long since been stored away since VOLM now occupies their now defunct show.

Actually, according to sources, Miss Piggy and Kermit aren't supposed to be doing sets any more at MGM, hoping to retool them to be a better experience.

The ABC - MGM Theater change is temporary, though the most recent plans I heard places something there in the near future (1 to 2 years), in order to make way for bigger and better things.

MansionFan415

I used to work ODF at Magic Kingdom, and saw Donald and Pluto a lot right in those little back alcoves near the Emporium and Town Hall near the front entrance of the park. Goofy hung out there a lot too, but that was 6 years ago, so who knows what the schedule is like now.

And I tell you, I have seen Daisy the MOST times right under the railroad tracks by the little play area by Splash. Why, I'm not sure, but that's there she was.

dazzer68

hes always at the meet and great at epcot opposite eletric umbrella went there in feb and saw him every night go in the evening and theres hardly any queue.
they are all inside the building and you cany see them from the outside
mickey goofy chip n dale and donald were all there and i got my picture with all of them!
good luck

tigsmom

MansionFan415 said:
I used to work ODF at Magic Kingdom, and saw Donald and Pluto a lot right in those little back alcoves near the Emporium and Town Hall near the front entrance of the park. Goofy hung out there a lot too, but that was 6 years ago, so who knows what the schedule is like now.

And I tell you, I have seen Daisy the MOST times right under the railroad tracks by the little play area by Splash. Why, I'm not sure, but that's there she was.

We always see Donald and Daisy on Main Street, every trip!

Guess its just the luck of the draw.

thecompman

We were at WDW on Jan 17-23 and we saw Donald at the Character Connection in EPCOT. I saw him on the way to the bathroom, and knowing how hard he is to find in the parks, we rushed to get our picture taken with him. Little did we know that Mickey, Minnie, Chip and Dale, and Pluto were there too, so we got some very nice pictures with all of them.

I then saw him a few days later at his trailer in MGM. Looks like he's becoming more of a permanent fixture in the parks.

danhirsch

princesses_dad said:
We've taken 3 trips to WDW in the last 15 months, probably 9 total days in the parks, and we saw Donald Duck one time! We have put together nice scrapbooks with the kids and really miss a picture with Donald. Why is he so hard to find? Tons of pics with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and a host of other characters, but Donald should be a major one, right? Were we just unlucky, we skipped him the one time we saw him because of the long line (thinking we would see him again and never did!!!), boy do we regret that.
We went in August, 2003 and again in May, 2004, and have never failed to see him at Chef Mickey's, but only in the lobby of the restaurant - possibly due to his girth.

I have never seen Donald and Daisy together at Disney, though - trouble in the nest?

CrashNet

One sure-fire way to see the old waterfowl is to head over to Character Connection, located where Pasta Piazza used to be. He's always there, probably wanting something to eat I'm sure. :lol:

LoriMistress

I saw Donald Duck three times (besides the parades). Saw him in the morning at Epcot, saw him in the afternoon at MGM, and I saw him at Donald's Breakfestsaurus.

At DLR I only saw Donald ONCE!!!

tirian

Donald is nearly always in the Hall of Fame in ToonTown (Pluto occasionally replaces him), or in Character Connection at Epcot. Donald was also a regular at DCoH, before its ridiculous end. Donald even has his own hut at Camp Minnie-Mickey at DAK, and he frequents the Studios.

On the other hand, Daisy rarely appears. I suppose she's too busy primping and preening herself... :p

As for Donald's "hot costume," considering that he wears only a sailor hat and shirt, I'm sure he doesn't get too hot.

(yes, I'm a CM)

EDIT: Disney carefully controls Donald's appearance on merchandise to avoid upstaging Mickey, but not his meet-and-greets. The Duck tends to always have a spot set up near the famous Mouse, except for in Town Square at the MK.

Tinkerbell_13

princesses_dad said:
We've taken 3 trips to WDW in the last 15 months, probably 9 total days in the parks, and we saw Donald Duck one time! We have put together nice scrapbooks with the kids and really miss a picture with Donald. Why is he so hard to find? Tons of pics with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and a host of other characters, but Donald should be a major one, right? Were we just unlucky, we skipped him the one time we saw him because of the long line (thinking we would see him again and never did!!!), boy do we regret that.

I always see Donald .... like everywhere I go .... there he is. lol

lebeau

We easily got pictures with Mickey and Minnie. Goofy and Pluto were pretty easy too. But Donald was a challenge.

We saw him a few times at the Studios, but the line was always too long. We actually waited in line a few times, but then they would announce that the characters had to go in 5 or 10 minutes (I can't remember which). I would always look behind me and see all the kids who were waiting to see Donald and I'd jump out of line because I didn't want to cause a kid to not get to see him while I was taking a place in line.

I do have a picture of Donald in the AK parade though. And next time I go, my daughter will be with me. So I won't feel guilty standing in line if she wants to see Donald.

Cmdr_Crimson

I've seen donald a few times actually 3 times in one day in 04. At his old trailor at MGM with Daisy, Then I saw him at MNSSHP dressed as a big pumpkin and then dressed in his KH Outfit with Sora.

In 05 tho I saw him and Daisy out in front of the castle during EMH.

But to be honest...I WANNA SEE SCROOGE MCDUCK AND THE NEPHEWS!!!
Also Launchpad & Darkwing again.

Magic Maker

DONALD IS MY FAVORITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Each time you go to a WDW theme park stop in the merchandise shop an dask them to call the special phone number they have to locate characters

Mecha Figment

Cmdr_Crimson said:
I've seen donald a few times actually 3 times in one day in 04. At his old trailor at MGM with Daisy, Then I saw him at MNSSHP dressed as a big pumpkin and then dressed in his KH Outfit with Sora.

In 05 tho I saw him and Daisy out in front of the castle during EMH.

But to be honest...I WANNA SEE SCROOGE MCDUCK AND THE NEPHEWS!!!
Also Launchpad & Darkwing again.

Launchpad makes appearances at the Oasis of Animal Kingdom Mid day to afternoon sometimes. along with some other characters like baloo, brer bear, and mushu to name a few

Oasis is basialy that area before you get to the ticket window. the only place on property that you don't have to pay to get in the park to see the characters. Personaly i feel it's a bad idea.

Mecha Figment

minnie is at toon town, camp minnie Mickey, most parades, and several breakfasts and dinners.

Snow white is at Toon town and Germany (occationaly with Doppy)at Epcot.

jim1051

Donald

In December we went to dinner at Chef mickey's. Donals was there in the waiting area for hours. As someone else said he had his tree lot open in MK as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom