RapidFill Cost?

What do you think of the new RapidFill mugs, priced at $17.99

• Total voters

FreedomWrangler

This rumor from years back became true? The 5th gate cannot be far behind...

I think it's worth it if, and this is a big IF, Disney offers unique restort mugs like in the olden days. I'd purchase two each trip from different resorts if the mugs were unique.

I believe the result of this will be unhappy guests. And what will be the solution when Disney realizes people fill-up then return to their table or room only to share and then fill-up multiple times in short-order? Will a time limit before the next fill-up then be implemented?

Like I suggested, this will end with upset guests. And it lends credence to the suggestion that TDO is tone deaf with regard to guest services (which is the entire operation now that I think about it)...

Mr Toad

I am on the fence with this one. At the pool we would use it a lot. I think using RFID chips embedded in the mug is a great way to get a handle on controlling costs of fountain drinks, tea, coffee etc.

G00fyDad

I really hope these mugs can be reactivated for future use instead of buying a new one each time as I already have about twelve of these mugs cluttering up the house.

That would make perfect sense. Although, the idea of resort specific mugs would be an instant hit and people would buy these like they were going out of style. Cause ya know.... they did once. :D

PUSH

I really hope these mugs can be reactivated for future use instead of buying a new one each time as I already have about twelve of these mugs cluttering up the house.

I don't know if this is accurate, but I thought I read that they were only good for a one time use. Not sure if I actually read that or it just popped up in my mind, though.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I'm done unless they come with free dining.

This is what bugs me about the future of DDP and the Rapid Fill. I don't want to carry mug(s) to the park. I don't want to stick them in net bags for attractions, ewe. All these guests getting on attractions either have to stick the cup into a garbage can to dump, or rides are going to be sticky. I liked Orange Juice with my QS meal, my kids liked Milk. What are the odds of real juice and milk being an option at the fountains in the parks?

I didn't like this dudes info, I know don't kill the messenger.

"Mugs in general and DDP- This is further down the road, and this will likely rile up some more folks, but the DDP will no longer include a drink at QSRs. Now hear me out. Your mug in conjunction with your MagicBand WILL allow you to access soda in the parks. But there is a ot of work that still needs to happen, and more fountain machines added before this can happen. So you can take your mug with you, and use it all day long. Until that happens, there will be no change to the current set up."

Jeff/Disney Finance

CohibaMan

You can use the new mugs at any resort in WDW. How many people go to more than one resort during a trip to WDW? That just sounds crazy to me. The only way this whole thing makes financial sense is if they allowed you to bring the mugs into the parks for free refills, but we all know that will never happen.

Disvillain63

We purchased some of the first mugs when they were first released in the 90's. We used them for 2 visits and then decided that it was just easier to bring some 12 packs of soda and bottled waters with us. The first and only time we used DDP, we received 2 more mugs...again, it really wasn't worth it. We prefer juice/milk at breakfast and we're usually in the park(s) during the day and evening, so we might 'refill' it when we return...depending on where our room is located and which resort. We won't be purchasing a new mug.

mickeysbrother

Getting them for the disney dining plan FREE!!! only way i would purchase it.

Reasons why i would not buy one. Wake up in the morning get drink i have to bring it back to the room before i leave. Waste of time. Get home from park go to room get mug walk to cafe walk back to room. Another waste of time. I rather just spend the 2 dollars to get something to drink or make my fill up at a hess station across from DTD on the first day i arrive. I can get lots of stuff for 17.99 X4 people at a hess station.

allgiggles

We will probably always purchase them (at least for the foreseeable future). They work well for us. We typically fill them at least 3X per day and we stay 7 days. They pay for themselves after 2 or 3 days for us. One of usually takes all of the mugs down and fills them first thing in the morning (we eat breakfast in the room). I have a small fabric bin that holds 5 mugs perfectly so it's easy for one or two people in our group to go fill all the mugs at once. If we eat a meal at the resort (which we usually do at least 4 times out of our stay -- on our trip 2 weeks ago we ended up eating at the resort 6 times) we'll fill our mugs at least once or twice while eating our meal and then refill before heading back to the room. When we return to the resort at night one person once again goes and fills all the mugs for the evening. If our room isn't close to the main building I will sometimes rent a locker in the building by the main pool and store the mugs in there for the day so they're close by when we return from the park at night. :) We don't necessarily drink a lot of soda -- in fact, I don't think DH or I had soda in our mugs more than once during our recent trip. It was all iced tea, lemonade, hot chocolate, and coffee for us. The kids had soda a few times but drank mostly powerade, lemonade, fruit punch, and hot chocolate. So even though we don't drink much soda, we still get a lot of use out of the mugs. And yes, we could bring cases of drinks with us, but we like having all the options of the various drinks at the beverage stations. I wouldn't want to have to decide what 3 or 4 drinks we all have to drink on vacation before we even get there. I can understand why some people don't find the mugs to be a good deal, but for our family they're still a big bargain.

kucarachi

I think this is greed and this new RFID system is really a tool to monitor you. I have bought the cups before and I get my money's worth. If they are going to make me rent soda at 4$ a day I will buy adult diapers and drink 3 gallons a day

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
We don't necessarily drink a lot of soda -- in fact, I don't think DH or I had soda in our mugs more than once during our recent trip. It was all iced tea, lemonade, hot chocolate, and coffee for us. The kids had soda a few times but drank mostly powerade, lemonade, fruit punch, and hot chocolate. .
:confused:

StarWarsGirl

How many people go to more than one resort during a trip to Disney?
I stay at two resorts a lot. Many DVC members split it. Plus if you happen to be at another resort, it's convinient. For example, many people might stay at Beach Club but want to go to Boardwalk Bakery. Or people from Boardwalk might want to go to Beach Club Marketplace (why? Idk). That's why they're doing it. But the price of these mugs will deter many guests, and the cost of producing them probably went up.

MadMax11

I remember going in the early to mid 90's. We stayed at OKW (DVC members) and would go over to Dixie Landings to swim a lot. We bought Dixie Landings refillable mugs because we were there so often in the evenings swimming. Stayed at Wilderness Lodge in the summer of 1997 and bought mugs for that trip. Haven't bought one since then. I drink a lot less soda than I did then...and I guess I'm just old now and think they cost too much to provide any real value! Also, you kids get off my lawn!!! :)

bgraham34

I never buy the dining plan so i don't get the mugs. I have only bought a mug once and used it enough to get my moneys worth. Now at $18 bucks on most of my stays I don't see how I can get my moneys worth. If anything I will just order soda along with my water deliveries to save some money.

mickeymatt

We use ours as travel mugs when we get home. It kind of feels like a reminder of my vacation when I'm on my way into work. So when you look at it like a souvenir then it seems like a decent deal to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom