RapidFill Cost?

What do you think of the new RapidFill mugs, priced at $17.99

• Total voters

allgiggles

We went to AoA last weekend for dinner and to check out the resort and couldn't find a regular fountain soda, we were told our options were to buy the mug or get a 20 oz bottle out of a fridge case.

That's odd. We stayed at AoA 2 weeks ago and I know I saw people filling up Disney paper cups (like the kind you get at QS restaurants in the parks) at the fountains in LOF. I can't say that I saw the cups out in the open anywhere -- I just assumed the cashiers had them at their stations. :confused:

experiment624

That's odd. We stayed at AoA 2 weeks ago and I know I saw people filling up Disney paper cups (like the kind you get at QS restaurants in the parks) at the fountains in LOF. I can't say that I saw the cups out in the open anywhere -- I just assumed the cashiers had them at their stations. :confused:

Gee, I hope cashier wasn't lying to me, because I wont buy the mug, period; and I don't care for soda, especially the bottled kind because it is too syrupy/sweet for me. We usually refill water bottles but I didn't bring one and had to buy a bottle of water.

allgiggles

Gee, I hope cashier wasn't lying to me, because I wont buy the mug, period; and I don't care for soda, especially the bottled kind because it is too syrupy/sweet for me. We usually refill water bottles but I didn't bring one and had to buy a bottle of water.

I can clearly remember a kid filling a Disney paper cup in front of me one day. He kept squeezing the cup and I was sure it was going to spill everywhere. And I can remember a family sitting next to us one day and they each had one (I remembered thinking it looked odd because everyone else in the section had mugs). Now, I suppose it's possible that all of the paper cups I saw were cups that had been obtained at a QS restaurant in one of the parks during the day and carried back to the resort and used (illegally) at LOF. But it's also possible that the cashier you went to was new and didn't know about the cups....maybe????? I know when we were there in June, I had 3 different CM's in LOF tell me it was literally their first day there.

fosse76

In 15+ years of regular visits I have purchased a mug exactly twice. The food court is not that regular of a stop for me and my trips are simply too short (2-4 days) to make it worth the hassle of dealing with a mug. Change it to a card where I can get a disposable cup and I would reevaluate the situation.
It's definitely not a value by any means. Unless the refills include the parks as well, I can't imagine getting my money's worth, since a lot of my meals would be in the parks. At the most it might be beneficial for people who stay for at least 10 days. Even when I've *gasp* brought back an older mug, I never made much use of it (which is why I felt no guilt in bringing it back).

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It's definitely not a value by any means. Unless the refills include the parks as well, I can't imagine getting my money's worth, since a lot of my meals would be in the parks. At the most it might be beneficial for people who stay for at least 10 days. Even when I've *gasp* brought back an older mug, I never made much use of it (which is why I felt no guilt in bringing it back).

The break even point on a mug is around 7 trips to the food court. I can not remember the last trip I made 7 trips to the food court during a trip, but I am sure there are those who do.

Soarin2u

Yea, we too drink a lot of soda at Disney because of the nasty water. So we better pay them for stealing all there soft drinks ;) My vote: 5+ days I will pay.

acishere

With Starbucks in the parks I will likely get my morning iced coffee from one of their locations. All my other QS trips I order water. The only time I do not is if there is a cool looking specialty drink. I doubt the mug will work for either Starbucks or the special drinks, so I don't need it. Even if I could get Starbucks with it, I really don't want to carry around a mug for half the day. Its gonna get lost.

fosse76

The break even point on a mug is around 7 trips to the food court. I can not remember the last trip I made 7 trips to the food court during a trip, but I am sure there are those who do.
Is that based on current pricing or the upcoming gouging that will take place with RFID mugs? Yeah, I mean I struggled to try to get my money's worth when I buy a new mug...because I hate carrying it with me to the parks for the sole purpose of not have to keep backtracking to my room to get it/return it. I'm sure families who spend more time at the resorts would get their money's worth more than I ever would.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom