RapidFill Cost?

What do you think of the new RapidFill mugs, priced at $17.99

• Total voters

JiminyandTink

Seeing as though the RapidFill cups are likely to be a somewhat unpopular concept for many, and that it wil theoretically save Disney money on all of the people reusing cups from previous trips, I was surprised to see a $2.50 increase in price as well.

Mr Toad

All that stuff is dirt cheap for Disney and a major profit. Fountain drinks are literally pennies for 12 Oz and it is actually to Disney's benefit for you to a have reusable cup that cuts down on cup and lid expenses. Coffee is the most expensive of the bunch and it's dirt cheap. Realize it takes almost no labor either food is always much less of a profit margin.

In the end it's not about controlling costs it's about squeezing every last penny out of people.
All that stuff is dirt cheap for Disney and a major profit. Fountain drinks are literally pennies for 12 Oz and it is actually to Disney's benefit for you to a have reusable cup that cuts down on cup and lid expenses. Coffee is the most expensive of the bunch and it's dirt cheap. Realize it takes almost no labor either food is always much less of a profit margin.

In the end it's not about controlling costs it's about squeezing every last penny out of people.

Yes it does. We use RFID to track inventory, reorders, sales, etc. We can track sales trends, when products sell. It's all real time. You are correct about squeezing every last penny. RFID will help Disney be more efficient in doing so.

allgiggles

What is so confusing? I was simply mentioning that there are options other than "soda" (meaning Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, etc.) on the beverage fountains that our family enjoys. So many people get hung up on "we don't drink soda, therefore we would never buy the mugs". I don't consider Powerade and Lemonade to be "soda". They aren't carbonated. I'm not saying they're "healthy" options (neither are the iced teas, coffee, or hot chocolate for that matter since they all have either sugar, artificial sweetener, or caffeine in them), but I don't categorize them as "soda".

harryk

Have picked up the 'free' mugs with the DDP on each visit. - give them away when we get home - they tend to fill up the cabinets ( how many do you really need ). When stay at home resort, VWL, we bring our 'forever mugs' which we picked up some 12 years ago and get our morning coffee. They are just the right size.
Would never pay for a mug now. Simpler to bring our own water into the parks, refilling them in our room each morning and evening. Yes, the water tends to taste poorly - but a little flavoring solves that.
Now we await the word that we connot continue to use the 'forever mugs' - but really don't see management stopping us.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
What is so confusing? I was simply mentioning that there are options other than "soda" (meaning Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, etc.) on the beverage fountains that our family enjoys. So many people get hung up on "we don't drink soda, therefore we would never buy the mugs". I don't consider Powerade and Lemonade to be "soda". They aren't carbonated. I'm not saying they're "healthy" options (neither are the iced teas, coffee, or hot chocolate for that matter since they all have either sugar, artificial sweetener, or caffeine in them), but I don't categorize them as "soda".
To me lemonade is Soda ( must be a different thing in the U of K) hence the confusion :)

lostpro9het

To me lemonade is Soda ( must be a different thing in the U of K) hence the confusion :)
Yes, we learned this on our honeymoon to London a few years back. We asked for lemonade and got Sprite....with no ice :D. Needless to say, we didnt bother asking for Sweet Tea.

jaklgreen

If it is a new design that I like we will probably get 1 or 2. We use our cups over and over at home. But we also put them in the microwave to warm up tea/coffee. With the new ones we will not be able to do that so we would have to remember to keep them separate from the old ones so not to accidently set my house on fire.

allgiggles

Does Disney keep their own inventory???? I know in most places it's left up to the vendors to make sure you are get the proper amount of what ever beverage. They have par amounts and beverage companies just make sure you enough to make it to the next delivery with some to spare just in case. The only way I can see this helping Disney is if owned all there equipment and ran their own inventory system???? Got me thinking just handling non-alcoholic drinks for all of WDW is a large job.

Hmmmmm. I remember when they ran the RFID mug test 2 years ago that people were saying it was Coca Cola who was actually driving the testing -- that they were the ones pushing for it. I have no idea if that's true or not, but I remember reading it in a few places. Maybe part of the reason Disney is doing this is because Coca Cola is asking for it to make their job a little easier. :confused: Just a thought.

Vader2112

When i do stay for 4-5 days since I have the luxury of driving to the resort I bring a 24 pack of water a few bottles of Motts Tots Apple Juice and in the past a liter or two of soda. now I no longer drink soda so I bring Mio along. The only thing I get at the food court is coffee. Which still sucks by the way. I nearly spit it out last Friday morning. They should brew Starbucks at the resorts as well. Not to mention use heavily filetered water.

Vader2112

In 15+ years of regular visits I have purchased a mug exactly twice. The food court is not that regular of a stop for me and my trips are simply too short (2-4 days) to make it worth the hassle of dealing with a mug. Change it to a card where I can get a disposable cup and I would reevaluate the situation.
I like the card idea ! especially if they take it to Starbucks.

Mr Toad

Does Disney keep their own inventory???? I know in most places it's left up to the vendors to make sure you are get the proper amount of what ever beverage. They have par amounts and beverage companies just make sure you enough to make it to the next delivery with some to spare just in case. The only way I can see this helping Disney is if owned all there equipment and ran their own inventory system???? Got me thinking just handling non-alcoholic drinks for all of WDW is a large job.
One way it would help would be to track the number of times someone uses Coke, tea, coffee, etc. Since the chips are in the cups, a company could see that Coke is used X amount of times at X resort. You compile this data for a time and what you have is a recognizable pattern. You would get this info in real time. If you see that Coke is starting to be used with more frequency, you can adjust to it quicker. If tea isn't being used as much, adjust down. It's pretty cool technology...my company has been using it for a while. Infinite ways to use this. Disney has a whole RFID strategy they are rolling out in many phases. One will be in the resort key card. Actually, it might already be in it.

disneyfan1995

I wouldn't purchase them, but since we usually do the dining plan I guess they would already be included. I also think it's kind of stupid you can't bring your old mug. Why can't they put the rfid chip or whatever it is on the cup when you get there? I'm sick of having repeats of the same design. The design doesn't even make sense for WDW.

mickeymatt

i-dont-always-drink-soda-but-when-i-do-its-in-my-rapidfill-mug.jpg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I wonder how this will effect the people who buy a regular fountain soda at their resort and a one time refill that they might make after eating. I wouldn't think there would be separate stations would there be?

experiment624

I wonder how this will effect the people who buy a regular fountain soda at their resort and a one time refill that they might make after eating. I wouldn't think there would be separate stations would there be?

We went to AoA last weekend for dinner and to check out the resort and couldn't find a regular fountain soda, we were told our options were to buy the mug or get a 20 oz bottle out of a fridge case.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom