RapidFill Cost?

What do you think of the new RapidFill mugs, priced at $17.99

• Total voters

GrumpyFan

Original Poster
I'm curious as to what other think of the cost for the new RapidFill mugs just announced.

I'm going to assume that most of us who go to the parks, will stay for at least 4 days, so the question is specific to that option, $17.99 - length of stay (4+days).

GrumpyFan

Original Poster
We drink a lot of soda, so we usually purchase them (have way too many at home). I'm not sure now with this new price increase, we might just share because I don't think we drink THAT much soda to justify. Or, we'll just switch to drinking more water, that is if we can get it from the soda fountains, the water coming from the water fountains just tastes nasty and is hardly every cool.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
In 15+ years of regular visits I have purchased a mug exactly twice. The food court is not that regular of a stop for me and my trips are simply too short (2-4 days) to make it worth the hassle of dealing with a mug. Change it to a card where I can get a disposable cup and I would reevaluate the situation.

PUSH

We have three people and will probably only buy two. We go to the food court quite a bit, and sometimes just for soda. Our stay is usually 5 or 6 days, and we fill up the mugs at least once a day.

Plus we use them at home a lot, so it justifies the cost even more.

Yelloweaver

I wouldnt buy one, but if its included in the dining plan, I wont say no to the cup.
I like using them for my morning coffee at home, a little bit of Disney to start my morning.

CohibaMan

Purchased a couple refill mugs at Pop Century in May. Turned out that we weren't at the resort enough to effectively utilize them. We got coffee in them in the mornings, then soda/powerade at night. You have to walk so far to even get to the refill station, that by time you walk back to your room you need ANOTHER refill! They are really quite small. Maybe if you didn't get ice, but who wants to do that? Colder = more delicious.

Honestly, if you are driving to WDW bring a cooler loaded with cheap drinks from Sams Club or Costco. Just replenish your ice from the ice machine every day. Much cheaper.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
We always get the Deluxe Dining Plan....for the cost of that I would hope that the mugs would be included.

jw24

Out of pocket? Probably not worth it. I mean, if you're really craving soda, there should be 20 oz bottles somewhere in the hotel or food courts available and don't cost quite as much as the mug. Only reason why I bought a refillable mug out of pocket on my last trip was just to have one for my personal collection but never again unless I have the dining plan and they include it for no extra charge. It wouldn't hurt to have a new design, as well.

JIMINYCR

It's a nice perk included in the dining plan we get. But I figure we would use the refillable mug enough between soda and coffee fill ups to cover our cost if we were to purchase it separately. Besides, it's time I get a newly designed mug to put in my cupboard at home.

Poofiesdream

I will not buy one. Not worth a hot chocolate in the morning and maybe a drink in the evening. I will carry my own hot chocolate envelopes add water and heat in the micro in the food court. I will bring some soda and keep it in the room!

mrdisman

I guess the difference is that you can use it at any resort or the Parks...
usually, it's just for the resort that you are staying in...

I may consider it

Jo DeVil

We get them with the DDDP and that is for at least 14 nights, but even so we don't drink that much soda. So nothing for me to vote on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom