Rapid Fill Mug Program Fails (at more ways than you might think)

disney4life2008

Just cause something doesn't hurt "Mr. Mcdonald" doesn't mean you aren't a thief. I spent over 30k on a new car. That's a real lot. Am I now entitled to go into the dealership and just start taking other cars?

How old are you anyway?

LOL! I spent over $45,000 on my car. And if it matters I am a PhD and well beyond a juvenile.

disney4life2008

PhD in freeloading?

A doctorate in entitlement.

Yep! And I am not going to turn this into thread into a discussion about "me" granted I do love attention. But my mindset does not have to be yours nor anyone else's. And I am not alone in my thinking. Same with the food court - in the past I brought an old mug - so me along with many others were a thief, ok?? LOL Call it as it may - i do not mind. I am done with this discussion kind people.

lazyboy97o

Yep! And I am not going to turn this into thread into a discussion about "me" granted I do love attention. But my mindset does not have to be yours nor anyone else's. And I am not alone in my thinking. Same with the food court - in the past I brought an old mug - so me along with many others were a thief, ok?? LOL Call it as it may - i do not mind. I am done with this discussion kind people.
Plenty of crooks have no problem with their theft and plenty of fellow crooks agree. That does not make them anything close to being right.

G00fyDad

Plenty of crooks have no problem with their theft and plenty of fellow crooks agree. That does not make them anything close to being right.

The attitude the child is displaying here is the typical mindset of any thief. They will downplay it and justify it any way they can to "make it right". In their head it sounds perfectly plausible for them to do what they do. However, to any sensible person it sounds like a load of crap right from the beginning. Want proof? Watch the show Bait Car and listen to that crap they spew out when they get caught. It sounds good in their head, but we at home are shaking ours and wondering how they can believe that garbage. "I take a soft drink (Coke, soda, pop, etc...) because I paid for one back in 1995, and that place rips people off all the time. They can afford to lose some soda."

Last edited by a moderator:

flynnibus

Premium Member
I just filled up my car on the way in... cost me nearly $60 (way more than a McDonalds meal). Inside the shop they have a self-serve soda fountain. Regardless of how much money I spent on my gas outside... I had no notions that the soda was free, or that I was entitled to take 'just one cup... they can afford it'.

Just think what this country will be like when the people born in the 80s and 90s are in charge. *shutter*

Soarin' Over Pgh

Just think what this country will be like when the people born in the 80s and 90s are in charge. *shutter*

Born 1984, here. I shutter to think of my generation (or, god help us all, the ones beneath my age group) running this country.

Our constitution will have LOLZ and hashtags added to it soon.

#Constitutional#Rights#Lolz#QuitWhining

Back on topic, does anyone know when the current design for the cups was released? How old is it, what did it replace? I'm a bit of a n00b to WDW, truth be told.

tissandtully

I just filled up my car on the way in... cost me nearly $60 (way more than a McDonalds meal). Inside the shop they have a self-serve soda fountain. Regardless of how much money I spent on my gas outside... I had no notions that the soda was free, or that I was entitled to take 'just one cup... they can afford it'.

I definitely see the analogy, but most gas stations have lowered the "friction" on drinks purchases as they are DIRT CHEAP, the Wawa down the street is 79 cents for any size. Now, why can't Disney do this? If it weren't so outrageously expensive beyond reason, people wouldn't even think about getting "free" drinks.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I definitely see the analogy, but most gas stations have lowered the "friction" on drinks purchases as they are DIRT CHEAP, the Wawa down the street is 79 cents for any size. Now, why can't Disney do this? If it weren't so outrageously expensive beyond reason, people wouldn't even think about getting "free" drinks.
I don't think if they lowered the price to $0.79 at Disney it would stop anyone. It's not just about saving money it's about gaming the system and feeling like you got one over on Disney. You have a doctor with a $45,000 car saying he took free soda because he felt he deserved it. Doesn't sound like he is hurting financially and neither are the people paying $600 a night at a deluxe.

tissandtully

I don't think if they lowered the price to $0.79 at Disney it would stop anyone. It's not just about saving money it's about gaming the system and feeling like you got one over on Disney. You have a doctor with a $45,000 car saying he took free soda because he felt he deserved it. Doesn't sound like he is hurting financially and neither are the people paying $600 a night at a deluxe.

You can take the same model and apply it to music downloads. Once iTunes launched and started charigng 99 cents for songs, piracy dropped dramatically. Now, there's definitely going to be some people who won't change at all, but, I think the majority of people really hate getting ripped off.

Goofyernmost

Sadly, I think you really believe that. Unfortunately, it is a state of mind not wallet. Everything about Disney is expensive so just about anyplace you look one can find justification that "it is owed" to someone. I'm just glad that Disney decided to do something about it, because, even Disney has rights. One of them is to SELL what they provide for sale. It's not up to individuals to make the judgement about what is free and what isn't.

tissandtully

Sadly, I think you really believe that. Unfortunately, it is a state of mind not wallet. Everything about Disney is expensive so just about anyplace you look one can find justification that "it is owed" to someone. I'm just glad that Disney decided to do something about it, because, even Disney has rights. One of them is to SELL what they provide for sale. It's not up to individuals to make the judgement about what is free and what isn't.

Not sure where you got the assumption I was OK with people "stealing" soda, just looking at it from both sides here.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
You can take the same model and apply it to music downloads. Once iTunes launched and started charigng 99 cents for songs, piracy dropped dramatically. Now, there's definitely going to be some people who won't change at all, but, I think the majority of people really hate getting ripped off.
The fact that they started prosecuting people for using Napster was a bigger driver of change in my opinion.;)

tissandtully

The fact that they started prosecuting people for using Napster was a bigger driver of change in my opinion.;)
It's possible that also had an effect, but, volume of sales increased with the debut of iTunes, so that's saying something. I think WDW needs to deal more in volume, even at scale they can make money hand over fist.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom