Rank The Recent Family Mega-Brawls

Rank The Most Recent Park Brawls

• Toontown, MK Ferry, LWTL

• MK Ferry, Toontown, LWTL

• LWTL, Toontown, MK Ferry

• Toontown, LWTL, MK Ferry

• MK Ferry, LWTL, Toontown

• LWTL, MK Ferry, Toontown

• Seriously? Polls Have Come To THIS Now??

Results are only viewable after voting.

mergatroid

There was a lot of this in various parks during that era. Although it was already in terminal decline, organized rioting was the straw that broke the camel's back of Willow Grove amusement park, one the last remaining "trolley parks".

My mom told me stories that even Knoebels, which manages to mostly fly under the radar from the nearby Philadelphia and metro NYC areas, was hit by rioting. Whereas the Willow Grove riots had racial undertones, who knows what reason the PA anthrocite region had to riot. The supremacy of Polish vs Lithuanian vs Ukrainian perogies?
Interesting stuff, thanks. If I'm unhappy with anything in the future and want to riot, I know who to ask for advice ;)

Cesar R M

In the 1960's decade there was a full blown riot in Disneyland you know. Police, security, guys with long hair, bikers, all brawling right there in Disneyland. Since both Disney parks opened there's been lots of crime (even violent and sexual) committed and many arrests made. Whilst there's a viewpoint from many that the 'modern Disney' gets things wrong, I can't for the life of me see how Disney is to blame for a bunch of idiots brawling in TSL?

I suppose they could do a criminal records check on every guest entering the park and not allow entry to anyone with previous? Perhaps do a 'shifty eye' check at the gates or have a 'dodgy haircut policy'? SWAT teams with sniper rifles above every public space just in case anyone decides that some dude's giving them the stink eye or looking at their woman? I mean honestly what do you think Disney could do to stop idiots fighting that wouldn't infringe on people's rights when visiting the park?

Speaking of brawls.. how has Disney's security been fared in response speed?
What we see now in most videos.. is poor underpaid CMs with their "so freaking done.." or "not getting paid for this sh..." leaving the scene while the individuals duck it off freely.

Stellajack

Premium Member
I mean you're right, in the big scheme of things it really was a quite pathetic 'fight'. I think the screaming makes it appear far worse than it really is, it's two guys not really wanting to fight and just 'wrestling' badly. It goes without saying though that 'grown ups' shouldn't behave this way, especially in Disney World.
I've been trying to imagine what kind of "brawl" would occur in what appears to be the exit to LWTL. There is an EVC there and not sure if it belongs to one of the "gang" members or not. I have read that CM's are instructed NOT to physically intervene in fights, but I don't know if this is correct.

Heppenheimer

I've been trying to imagine what kind of "brawl" would occur in what appears to be the exit to LWTL. There is an EVC there and not sure if it belongs to one of the "gang" members or not. I have read that CM's are instructed NOT to physically intervene in fights, but I don't know if this is correct.
I can't imagine self-defense is part of CM training (would be a real sad commentary on the times if it was). That would be a huge legal liablility if Disney expected the average CM to act as security.

Diamond Dot

CMs shouldn't have to intervene in any brawling because if guests acted their age then there wpuld be none of this nonsense.
There is plain clothes security around and I suspect some of the janitorial staff are actually security. Not being unkind, but, a lot of the uniformed security don't look capable of tackling a violent melee. And I would tell onlookers not to get involved beyond taking any children out of the situation and into the care of a CM.

Stellajack

Premium Member
I can't imagine self-defense is part of CM training (would be a real sad commentary on the times if it was). That would be a huge legal liablility if Disney expected the average CM to act as security.
Oh, I agree! It's just that I have seen some comments on social media about another brawl in the World recently in which some folks thought the CM should have intervened to try to stop it.

Rabflmom

I'm guessing it depends on the severity of the brawling. In the most recent feud at LWTL, I think @Kylo Ken who witnessed mentioned in that thread at least one of the families was approached by security and talked to.
The DL Toontown brawl led to eventual charges be filed. I'm unsure what happened with the MK Ferry fighters.
I'm suddenly realizing I have too much free time.
3 were arrested with multiple charges against them. ,.The guy in red shirt was given $1,000,000 bond and faced up to 7 year prison sentence. He showed up for court, plead guilty and got 6 months jail time and had anger management mandated. I would also think Disney banned from all parks for life. The other 2 did not show for their court cases so there was a warrant out for their arrest. Not sure if caught .

Cesar R M

So, last week there was a pretty nice brawl with tackle included right infront of the castle.
Are we rating that one too? XD

Artful_Dodger

So from witnesses present at the recent one, pretty much went like

-Woman hits somebody in the heel with a stroller.
-He says something along the lines of "Ouch" or "please be careful, you hit me."
-Woman did not like being corrected in public or called out, so says something hateful.
-Man who was originally polite goes nuclear and starts beating her to the ground.
-CM tries to break things up unsuccessfully.

We live in a strange world folks.

JIMINYCR

Disneys going to have to hire the Sheriffs dept to station one officer in each land so when something erupts there’s arrests and handcuffing immediately. CM’s can’t realistically intervene or have the influence to stop a brawl and guests can’t step in. At some point a fight will break out and real hurt will spill over onto others nearby.

Cesar R M

So from witnesses present at the recent one, pretty much went like

-Woman hits somebody in the heel with a stroller.
-He says something along the lines of "Ouch" or "please be careful, you hit me."
-Woman did not like being corrected in public or called out, so says something hateful.
-Man who was originally polite goes nuclear and starts beating her to the ground.
-CM tries to break things up unsuccessfully.

We live in a strange world folks.
So with this description we can notice that

1. Stroller warriors that use the strollers as battering rams are still alive and doing this crap.
  2. Soccer moms somehow do not like to be called or told after they HIT someone with said stroller.
  3. Man goes full balistic and goes "macho man" on a woman.

JoeCamel

Disneys going to have to hire the Sheriffs dept to station one officer in each land so when something erupts there’s arrests and handcuffing immediately. CM’s can’t realistically intervene or have the influence to stop a brawl and guests can’t step in. At some point a fight will break out and real hurt will spill over onto others nearby.
They could hire......

gua.jpg

Lilofan

Nothing compares to the recent 40 person brawl at a Golden Corral in PA when the buffet location had a steak shortage. The guests can't run out on a free meal because at GC, you have to prepay for the buffet before eating.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
People who behave like badly trained dogs should be treated like badly trained dogs. If they start fighting, whip out the fire hose and hit them with a full-force stream of cold water.

The Lochness Monsta

I know it sounds horrible... but I love the one in Disneyland (I think). It's the first photo in the first post. Watching the main get choked out always brings a smile to my face.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom