Rank the 9 roller coasters at Walt Disney World

Which is the best ride?

• Total voters

Fox&Hound

Guardians (maybe most fun coaster ever)
BTMR (aged well. bench seats = awesome)
Everest (impressive but not as fun as BTMR)
RRC (dated but still good)
Tron (great launch, then meh)
Space (could be #2 with new track)
7DMT (great theming. way too short)
Slinky (solid family coaster. garbage queue)
Barnstormer (nope)
how do you not find Slinky's queue adorable???

bwr827

Big Thunder - fav in childhood and still so much fun
Slinky - big smiles all the way
Guardians - awesome but I have trouble with at least one of the tight spins
Tron - if only it were longer…
SDMT - it’s good but somehow doesn’t hit the fun level of slinky or big thunder
** Everest - will ride for the first time later this year
** Rollercoaster - same
Barnstormer - cute kid thrills
Space - tear it down - whole new track and vehicles; is Big Chiropractor behind this ride?

Musical Mermaid

I've always loved Big Thunder, so that'd have to be #1. I don't know if Space Mountain or Rock n Roller Coaster would come next, because some days I can tolerate them ok and some days have been rough. Tron was ok once I sat in the regular lapbar seat, but so short. Guardians and Everest get points removed for going backwards, but I love the rest of Everest. I'd rank Everest above Space and RnR if it didn't go backwards. Guardians gets points taken away because of the spinning, motion sickness issues and add me to the list of those who think it has weak theming. I didn't get it and don't get how the songs have anything to do with the ride. Maybe someday they can retheme it to something better. 7 Dwarfs, eh, I preferred the Snow White dark ride. It's cute, not worth long lines though. Slinky Dog, I don't remember much about it, I think it was a basic kiddie coaster, not a lot of exciting stuff to look at during the ride. Barnstormer was fun for like 30 seconds, but I've only done it when I'm with a child who can't ride anything more thrilling.

Twirlnhurl

1. Space Mountain
The last couple of refurbishment have removed some of the things I love about this ride... the annoying safety speil loop in the rooms with the best music, the closing of the roof in the switchback queue, and the removal of the speed ramp at the exit. But the coaster itself is still pretty great! The single-file seating makes one feel very vulnerable, and it is the only ride in all of Disney with any actual air time.

2. Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
Regrettable placement and the preshows are not very good. But the ride itself is so fun! And the queue is pretty good too! It is one of the rare rollercoasters that actually feels long enough.

3. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
It looks great from every angle, the vignettes are really good, and it is a fun little terrain coaster. The swinging vehicles are a bit of a pointless gimmick, and it is a bit too short. But if the line were shorter, I would definitely want to ride it more.

4. TRON Lightcycle / Run
Another ride that is too short. But that launch is great, and the setting is really nice. I have always thought that the Tron movies were a production design in search of a plot. Luckily, that sort of thing is a recipe for a great theme park attraction!

5. Slinky Dog Dash
The hills at the end don't quite have any actual air time, but the ride is still very fun. And it is also quite long!

6. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
I wish the end was better like in Paris, but it does have an excellent setting. The queue is typically reasonable too.

7. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
The theme is kind of stupid, but the launch is fun, as are some of the elements in the ride. It is surprisingly smooth for a Vekoma from this era. I do have a preference for the Avengers version of this ride in Paris, though.

8. Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain This ride has very good theming, but the track layout excels in stuff I don't care about on a rollercoaster. Too many helices. And the Yeti didn't really add much when it worked, you were in that room such a short amount of time.

9. The Barnstormer
It's no flight of the Hippogriff, and I miss going through the actual barn. But it is still a good beginner coaster.

TrainsOfDisney

Everest for me - I love the story and the details - of course it was better when the yeti and the fog worked - that made a big difference but it’s still my favorite.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom