Rank the 9 roller coasters at Walt Disney World

Which is the best ride?

• Total voters

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
The take Guardians isn't a Top 25 coaster in the world is really insane.

I think most individual's decision to include it within a Top 25 ranking would come down to personal "taste" in coasters and what an individual believes makes a good ride (not unlike ranking movies). The Golden Tickets, which currently rank Guardians as the 23rd best steel coaster, is often cited as the "standard" for coaster rankings, but is frequently biased by people who just vote based on what is "hot" in the industry and doesn't account for voters who may only have experience riding (primarily) coasters in the U.S. or who may have a more limited coaster riding experience than other voters. Guardians is a great ride, but as someone who really enjoys roller coasters (and has been on over 600 different coasters around the world), it would be pretty easy for me to put together a list of 25 coasters that I'd rather ride than Guardians on any given day. Then again, my preference in coasters is for something that's a bit more extreme, but I wouldn't argue anyone who would put Guardians in their Top 25. Velocicoaster though...

michmousefan

1) Guardians
2) EE (a close #2; I was lucky to ride it back when it was new and the Yeti was functional)
3) Tron (yeah, it's short, but also the most intense of these)
4) BTMR
5) RRC
6) SDMT
7) Space
8) Slinky
9) Barnstormer

UNCgolf

1. Expedition Everest
2. BTMR
3. SDMT
4. Cosmic Rewind
5. Space Mountain
6. TRON
7. Slinky Dog Dash
8. RRC
9. Barnstormer

I guess? Most of them aren't very good.

UNCgolf

How is Cosmic Rewind worse than Mine Train and Thunder Mountain?

I care more about theming than physical thrill on coasters (physical thrill alone doesn't really do anything for me) -- the theming/story on Cosmic Rewind is pretty awful. It's bad in general and also bad as a Guardians ride (and I love the Guardians characters). It's a fun enough coaster with music, but unfortunately that's all it is.

Mine Train certainly isn't a great attraction (or even close to it), but the mine scene and the little vignette at the end are more interesting than anything on Cosmic Rewind. I could have put CR ahead of Mine Train though; I don't think Mine Train is significantly better. It's way too short, for one.

I do think Thunder Mountain is clearly better, though.

Last edited:

Chef Mickey

I care more about theming than physical thrill on coasters (physical thrill alone doesn't really do anything for me) -- the theming/story on Cosmic Rewind is pretty awful. It's bad in general and also bad as a Guardians ride (and I love the Guardians IP). It's a fun enough coaster with music, but unfortunately that's all it is.

Mine Train certainly isn't a great attraction (or even close to it), but the mine scene and the little vignette at the end are more interesting than anything on Cosmic Rewind. I could have put CR ahead of Mine Train though; I don't think Mine Train is significantly better. It's way too short.

I do think Thunder Mountain is clearly better, though.
Thunder Mountain is down the list if for no other reason than the chain noise.

Walt Disney1955

I am sentimental to Big Thunder. The line always seems to be moving and there is this true wild west feel to it. Even in the line up there is lots to see and times when you can watch the coaster out the window.

J4546

I like less thrilling but well themed coasters mostly and BTM is my go to, love the theming and que and pacing. CLose 2nd is EE, then GotG round out my top 3, even though its a more thrilling coaster its just so grand and smooth and immersive I love it.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Big Thunder
Everest
Guardians
Space Mtn
Rock n Rollercoaster
TRON
Slinky
Seven Dwarfs
Barnstormer

Last edited:

Turtlekrawl

Guardians (maybe most fun coaster ever)
BTMR (aged well. bench seats = awesome)
Everest (impressive but not as fun as BTMR)
RRC (dated but still good)
Tron (great launch, then meh)
Space (could be #2 with new track)
7DMT (great theming. way too short)
Slinky (solid family coaster. garbage queue)
Barnstormer (nope)

LittleMerman

Tron
Big Thunder
Slinky Dog Dash
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Cosmic Rewind
Space Mountain
Rock N Roller Coaster
Expedition Everest
Barnstormer

Mireille

Premium Member
I had to think on this a good long time... I went through and ranked them by theming, which as a coaster enjoyer but not aficionado is at least as important to me as the ride track itself. Then I went through how much I enjoyed the ride itself, scored them on both scales, weighted them and combined them which gave me a list that surprised me, but I think I'm pretty comfortable with. In case of ties, I weighted by personal affection (i.e. nostalgia). Without further ado, THE list (and if yours is different, you're wrong! :p ):

1. Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
2. Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
3. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
4. TRON Lightcycle / Run
5. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
6. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
7. Space Mountain (points off for being somewhat painful to ride)
8. Slinky Dog Dash
9. The Barnstormer

Skibum1970

Despite my initial objections to placement, I love Guardians. It has a good storyline and the coaster is great and so different. Everest is a fun coaster and has great theming. BTMR is fun and also a great layout and theme. I put 7DMT ahead of TRON because the coaster is fun and has the nice dark ride section. TRON's launch is fun but, once inside the building, it doesn't do that much. Slink Dog is fun and then the bottom three are just so-so in my book.

1. Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
2. Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
3. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
4. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
5. TRON Lightcycle / Run
6. Slinky Dog Dash
7. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
8. Space Mountain (points off for being somewhat painful to ride)
9. The Barnstormer

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom