random ride/show things that scared you as a kid

THE Monorail Lime

I think the mansion has gone through changes to remove things such as the screaming sound files and some dialogue lines. The ride Used to be much darker then normal guest think! I was also scared of the stretching room!

Courtney6682

Astro orbiter weirds me out now as an adult. I'm not afraid of rides or heights, but there is just something about being up there spinning around that makes me feel uneasy. My 17 yr old agrees with me...we call it a death trap lol

Courtney6682

We went on ToT when I was about 6 or 7.... My parents thought it just stopped on each floor and told you a story, they didnt realise it was a drop ride. I was about 10 inches out of seat, screaming like the world was about to end...

Is that what they ''told'' you to convince you ride? Or did they really think that?:p

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I was scared to go on Big Thunder Mountain and my poor mom had to sit on the bench with me while my dad and sister rode (this was pre-parent swap days). The first time I rode it I was terrified (still a pre-teen at the time) but I had a blast and felt so silly that I had been scared. At some point in my adulthood I apologized to my mom for making her sit out on the fun because I realized how much she loved riding it. She just laughed goodheartedly at my apology.

Dafid Duck

I think the mansion has gone through changes to remove things such as the screaming sound files and some dialogue lines. The ride Used to be much darker then normal guest think! I was also scared of the stretching room!

I was six years old in 1974. The entire HM ride scared me so much that I buried my head in my mom's lap. When I did look up, we were going past the windows where the ghosts join you in your doom buggy. In the reflection, I saw my mom disappear and I was hugging a ghost! I freaked out! To this day, I hate horror movies and I blame it all on the HM.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I was six years old in 1974. The entire HM ride scared me so much that I buried my head in my mom's lap. When I did look up, we were going past the windows where the ghosts join you in your doom buggy. In the reflection, I saw my mom disappear and I was hugging a ghost! I freaked out! To this day, I hate horror movies and I blame it all on the HM.

I was 7 in 1974 and it freaked me out too. It used to be a lot scarier then than it is now.

SyracuseDisneyFan

Even though I'm 33 now, I was terrified of the snakes on the Indiana Jones portion of The Great Movie Ride. I'm terrified of snakes, and there was one in my house recently brought in by one of my cats.

Amos1784

The trolls in Maelstrom for whatever reason scared me when I was a kid, looking back I have no idea why but I remember being terrified of the ride. Not to mention I am still to this day (at 32) terrified of Dinosaur, something about the dark, loud noises and bright lights completely disorientates me.

G8rchamps

Funny this came up today - may DD10 asked me this morning - "Dad, Do you ever get scared right before a roller coaster at Disney? I always get a little nervous even though I've been on them before."

DfromATX

We went on ToT when I was about 6 or 7.... My parents thought it just stopped on each floor and told you a story, they didnt realise it was a drop ride. I was about 10 inches out of seat, screaming like the world was about to end...

Heck, I still scream like that - scariest ride ever! So did you ever ride it after that? Do you enjoy it now?

DfromATX

Funny this came up today - may DD10 asked me this morning - "Dad, Do you ever get scared right before a roller coaster at Disney? I always get a little nervous even though I've been on them before."

I admit I still get that weird nervous feeling when waiting for some rides (like ToT), but I still enjoy them.

FettFan

The Alien scene from the Great Movie Ride.
TGMR-25-Aliens.jpg

My parents allowed me to watch the Alien films...or at least the tv edited versions that would play on Friday nights on WDSU in New Orleans back in the late-80s/early-90s. Same great movies, only with the gore and language cut back. The image that stood out in my mind the most was Bishop getting ripped in half by the Queen.
So naturally on my first trip to the Studios, we went through the Great Movie Ride.....and the alien dropped down from the ceiling. That freaked me out big time.

Jamie77

Totally agree with this one - this frightened the living daylights out of me when I was in that 5-10 years old age bracket. Weirdly I loved the ride at the same time and it never stopped me going back on it!

Another one for me were those trolls and the boat moving backwards on Maelstrom - I was always afraid the boat would tip out of the cave and we’d all end up on the ground

I didn't realize that you could see the outside so I never looked. Of course, I found out about this later. It would have been great to see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom