random ride/show things that scared you as a kid

TwilightZone

Original Poster
since it's almost halloween, I think it would be fun if we all shared moments in disney rides or shows that scared us as kids. Here's a few of mine:

• In Honey I shrunk the audience, I was scared of dr. szalinski's flying machine. Since I thought everything at disney was real for a bit of time as a kid, I thought he was going to chop our heads off!
  • In soarin' over california, like with honey I shrunk the kids, I thought everything was real, so I was afraid that if we were to fall out we would be stuck on wherever we fell to forever! I still get some loose my shoe forever anxiety when going on it, even though now I know better.
  • In mulholland madness, there was a piece of decoration that looked like this:
1uyIxje9.png

as a kid I didn't understand the gag and I actually thought some unlucky car actually crashed through that decoration. The height and swift turns of the ride didn't help disconfirm my suspicions. (I know this is a wdw thread and not disneyland, but it still scared me)

belledream

The scene in Honey I Shrunk the Audience where the mice were set loose and brushed (aka assaulted) your legs. Hated it.

And...I always thought the hippos/crocs on the Jungle Cruise surfacing right by your boat was terrifying even though they're fake. They're so close!

KBLovedDisney

I've always had a huge fear of being called/picked from the audience to participate in the shows (sever stage fright). Unfortunately, my mother thought it would be hilarious if I participated and roped me into being a part of the pre-show of the Back Lot Tour. I don't regret it now, but that scared the dickens out of me.

I was the person in the box set answering the phone and getting hit with a gargantuan amount of water.

Nick Pappagiorgio

Pirates of the Caribbean. When I was 3-4 I got freaked out by the cannons and the cannonballs "hitting" the water. I refused to ride it again until I was 13 despite numerous opportunities to do so.

Jamie77

On my very first Pirates of the Caribbean ride in 2002, I felt a tap on my right shoulder just before you get to the scene with the skeleton at the wheel. Freaked me out. I rode it many times after to see if it would happen again but it never did. To this day, I don't know if it was the person in the row behind me or....

Raineman

On my very first Pirates of the Caribbean ride in 2002, I felt a tap on my right shoulder just before you get to the scene with the skeleton at the wheel. Freaked me out. I rode it many times after to see if it would happen again but it never did. To this day, I don't know if it was the person in the row behind me or....
That was definitely George, the resident ghost at POTC.;)

Victaman

As a child, the first time I went through the caves on Tom Sawyer's Island, I thought the one "hole" that you look down in as you cross a bridge went down forever. I recall being frightened that I might fall in.

Texas84

I hated the screaming pop-up ghosts in the Haunted Mansion graveyard when I was a kid. I don't hear them scream any more.

NelleBelle

I personally am still creeped out by Its Tough To Be a Bug! I keep my feet off the floor and my back off the backrest of the seat the entire show. I don't know why we go see this show--it's cute but don't like creepy bigs crawling on me:geek:

jimbo mack

Magic Kingdom's SWSA when the Queen turns in front of the mirror into an old hag.

Totally agree with this one - this frightened the living daylights out of me when I was in that 5-10 years old age bracket. Weirdly I loved the ride at the same time and it never stopped me going back on it!

Another one for me were those trolls and the boat moving backwards on Maelstrom - I was always afraid the boat would tip out of the cave and we’d all end up on the ground

Johnny Three-hats

The speed tunnel (I think that's what it's called) on Buzz Lightyear. I have no idea why, but most of what I remember from the one childhood trip I had was being freaked out at that thing. Thought we were getting sucked into a black hole or something.

I also think I may have repressed most of the memories I have of ITTBAB. I don't remember experiencing any of the more intense parts of the show, but I do remember thinking that the Hopper animatronic was the coolest thing ever.

mouse_luv

Snow White's Scary Adventures. No thank you. I actually cheered when I heard it was going away for good haha!

The drop on Pirates. I'm ok with that now.

Sundown

Yep, the witch at the end of Snow White's Scary Adventures frightened me. Still liked the ride, but the Witch was scary.

Dunston

When I was a little kid, Body Wars and Cranium Command both really creeped me out. I guess the theme of being inside someone's body grossed me out and scared me. :hungover:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom