Random rehab ramblings

CBOMB

Brilliant post, now we know who to contact when we need to find out about a upcoming rehab. Thanks for the post, and all the work, and patience that went into finding all of them.

Walt_Disney

i hate to give you more work to do, but could look into finding anything about the removal of the Epcot Wand.... or tell me how to search for the info and i'll research myself.

SirNim

This is kinda like the USPTO Trademark search...

...only MUCH MORE relevant! Bravo!

Man... it doesn't get much better than this... Blueprints and everything! :D

Rob562

Original Poster
i hate to give you more work to do, but could look into finding anything about the removal of the Epcot Wand.... or tell me how to search for the info and i'll research myself.

LOL. Well, you can poke around on that site like I did, but I don't think you'd find anything.

I searched through filings all the way back to May 1st. There doesn't appear to be that big of a lead-time between the forms being filed and the actual work being started. So if the wand removal had been filed, it would have been fairly recent. I guess it's one of those "keep your eyes peeled" kind of things.

-Rob

mousermerf

Account Suspended
*several hours worth of database searching later*

Well.. I know what Japan has been up to... (with the tarps forever!)

The Mitsukoshi company wants offices and breakroom space up there. They're installing an office in "Tower 5" (that's the one that came out of tarps as of today) and then the main section that guests walk under and into the gallery (3rd floor) is becoming a conference room for the mitsukoshi and breakroom for CMs.

It was backstage maitenance space. Now it's also storage for the store/restaurant (or in the process of being converted).

Rob562

Original Poster
*several hours worth of database searching later*

Well.. I know what Japan has been up to... (with the tarps forever!)

The Mitsukoshi company wants offices and breakroom space up there. They're installing an office in "Tower 5" (that's the one that came out of tarps as of today) and then the main section that guests walk under and into the gallery (3rd floor) is becoming a conference room for the mitsukoshi and breakroom for CMs.

It was backstage maitenance space. Now it's also storage for the store/restaurant (or in the process of being converted).

Yeah, I saw those too, but didn't think that interior construction would require so much *exterior* work...

Something else I found, perhaps Boo could enlighten us? "Wishes Fireworks 2nd Launching Site"???
http://officialrecords.occompt.com/...id=27711639&file_num=20060005593&doc_status=V

-Rob

becca-becca

Do you know how to find out when the actual work is being done? I am particularly interested in the Riverside Food Court as we are staying there in January.

WDW Monorail

Are you supposed to see anything other than a copy of a document?
I'm getting a pop-up saying that my computer cannot open a certain application.

Walt_Disney

Rob562

Original Poster
Rockn' Roller Coaster, Reconfigure existing line at the enterance to the attraction. and modify interior queue line with the additon of a second rotunda. http://officialrecords.occompt.com/...id=28507832&file_num=20060750853&doc_status=V

That was the link that started this all. :) Someone posted it in another link as proof of what was being done during the upcoming rehab.

As for the other poster asking about when the work for these documents is to be done, I have no additional info than what you have looking at these. It doesn't appear a timeline is part of the filing. For the Riverside food court, it's been discussed in other threads, and I know a general timeline was given there.

-Rob

Rob562

Original Poster
Are you supposed to see anything other than a copy of a document?
I'm getting a pop-up saying that my computer cannot open a certain application.

When I first start up the page, I get a Digital Signature error, but that doesn't stop me from viewing the forms. The viewer is Java-based, so perhaps you need to upgrade your browser/plug-in?

-Rob

WDW Monorail

5490 Maple Loop, Bay Lake?

Permanent perimeter launch site?

Maple Loop is used for fireworks storage.
I doubt that Disney will risk thousands of dollars of damage and possible loss of life of CMs if a misfired shell lands nearby one of the storage buildings.
It would be to the north east of the castle and to far away to create a good effect on the spectators.
The second launch site is most likely a modified version of the main launch site so two shows a night can be launched easily with very minimal reloading as boo and Rob have stated.

BwanaBob

I didn't know the exact location.

I know about pyro storage...

I just didn't know where Maple Loop was.

...and did I miss a thread? 'Boo' commented on this already?

Guess I'll do my search now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom