Random rehab ramblings

Rob562

Original Poster
I didn't know the exact location.

I know about pyro storage...

I just didn't know where Maple Loop was.

...and did I miss a thread? 'Boo' commented on this already?

Guess I'll do my search now.

My guess is that the form said Maple Loop because that's where the pyro office and storage is located. In the other thread, Boo mentioned that the 2nd site was to allow a second show to be loaded at the same time. I would assume that the 2nd site is adjacent to the first one.

As for Maple Loop, it's at the end of Maple Road. Maple Road is off of Floridian Way, north of the Grand Floridian.

-Rob

WEDMagic

The work for the second site was already done. That address is to one of the pyro offices. When wishes first debuted they didnt build concrete pads for the extra pyro they just setup temporary mortar tubes. These werent permanant and they were pretty much were using buckets to cover the tubes when not in use to keep water out. within the last year they expanded the fence around the site to include this area and poured the pad and put in the proper equipment, wiring, covers, etc. Yes i know its suprising it wasnt done with the wishes install but if you knew how much I knew budgets came into play you wouldnt wonder. Pyro is being treated very differently across property in general, new databases are being created also to track pyro in and out of the warehouse too. Since 9/11 and more so now the goverment is getting on disney more... hope that all helped and made sense

imagineersrock

-Installation of an ALF (Air Launched Fireworks) launcher at the American Gardens Theater. It says "installation and relocation", though it's unclear whether this is moving the UK launcher so that it no longer has to fire over a Guest area, or moving the first explosion's shell launcher off of the Inferno Barge.
http://officialrecords.occompt.com/...id=28448023&file_num=20060694484&doc_status=V

Thanks for all of that info, but I find this one particularly interesting because I broke this rumor almost a year ago now... Wonder if it's finally happening sometime soon?

My guess is that this is confirmation of the UK launcher being moved to the American Gardens Theater, check out this old post for more:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=70770

PKD

"-Installation of an ALF (Air Launched Fireworks) launcher at the American Gardens Theater. It says "installation and relocation", though it's unclear whether this is moving the UK launcher so that it no longer has to fire over a Guest area, or moving the first explosion's shell launcher off of the Inferno Barge."

I though these had already been removed due to the explosion that occured last year. Epcot Ent. no longer wanted to use the ALF's

HOWEVER you will LOVE the new LCD screens for the Globe when it returns in Feb/March

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom