Random Facts About WDW's Haunted Mansion

Steamboat_Kevin

Static-X said:
Has anyone else spotted the "wedding ring" outside the attraction??
I have! :wave: I pointed it out to my cousins last time I was there...
Me: Look guys! It's the *eerie voice* lonely Bride's wedding ring...
Cousins: Wow, Kevin. That's... cool? Uhm... Let's go get something to eat!
:lol:

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
raven said:
As far as someone stating about the wedding ring outside the mansion, there is a small ring-like shape in one of the large stone bricks that you walk over as you exit the mansion. It was concluded that this used to be a pole from a gate that is no longer there. They simply cut it off at the pavement and now it looks like a ring to some people. It is very small though. But I think it's funny that someone made up a whole story years ago about this being the bride's ring. Get's people more excited! :wave:

how sure are you scott that this wasn't actually there from the beginning?

HMGhost13

interesting the "wedding ring" disney urban legend has never been proved. There are two stories: 1- it is a wedding ring an dpart of the ride's back story. 2- it was a pole that was removed years back but some of it was left in the ground.

the problem is that there is no proof for either story.

raven

mkepcotmgmak said:
how sure are you scott that this wasn't actually there from the beginning?

Have you seen this "ring?" Once you see how small it is (baby finger size) you would tend to believe the pole theory as well. There are a couple of other holes in the pavement nearby that are of equal distance to it and the archway they are under where it looks like there were gates as well. :animwink:

nicholas

HMGhost13 said:
interesting the "wedding ring" disney urban legend has never been proved. There are two stories: 1- it is a wedding ring an dpart of the ride's back story. 2- it was a pole that was removed years back but some of it was left in the ground.

the problem is that there is no proof for either story.
Another intersting fact I read somewhere...

In the loading room there is a table and chairs with an open book on the table. The book is an encyclopedia or dictionary (can't remember which) but it is opened to the word "death"

raven

nicholas said:

In the loading room there is a table and chairs with an open book on the table. The book is an encyclopedia or dictionary (can't remember which) but it is opened to the word "death"

I read that too. But guests are too far from the book to even get a closer look at it. Perhaps a CM could say.

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
raven said:
Have you seen this "ring?" Once you see how small it is (baby finger size) you would tend to believe the pole theory as well. There are a couple of other holes in the pavement nearby that are of equal distance to it and the archway they are under where it looks like there were gates as well. :animwink:

i've seen the ring, and your point makes complete sense!

Laura

Premium Member
There's too much info in this post, I can't take it all in!! I knew there was a "story" to the ride but I don't know the story. Is it written down anywhere online? I also didn't know there was an attic LOL.

Call me a wimp but whenever I ride HM I'm constantly looking for those ghosts that pop out and scream because they terrify me, so I try to find them in advance so its not so scary. So basically, I hardly look at anything else in the ride because I'm so focused on those stupid things. I really love learning about the ride though. I would die (unintentional pun) to take a tour of it.

Laura

Premium Member
btw - I've looked all over for that ring but I haven't found it yet. Does anyone have a picture of it?

nicholas

Those jumping ghosts you search for....that IS the attic :p There are some in the graveyard too, but the room with the bride is the attic.

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
Laura22 said:
There's too much info in this post, I can't take it all in!! I knew there was a "story" to the ride but I don't know the story. Is it written down anywhere online? I also didn't know there was an attic LOL.

Call me a wimp but whenever I ride HM I'm constantly looking for those ghosts that pop out and scream because they terrify me, so I try to find them in advance so its not so scary. So basically, I hardly look at anything else in the ride because I'm so focused on those stupid things. I really love learning about the ride though. I would die (unintentional pun) to take a tour of it.

there are certain concrete facts, like names, and then cast members are encouraged to make up their own story, although most stay around the same story...

Laura

Premium Member
nicholas said:
Those jumping ghosts you search for....that IS the attic :p There are some in the graveyard too, but the room with the bride is the attic.

LOL!!! See I was too scared of those stupid jumping out things to even pay attention to what room I was in. Next time I'll try to look at other things.

lamarvenoy

I don't buy the cut off pole story. Anyone who has seen it will attest it is small but the "diamond" part was clearly cast as part of the rest of the ring.It looks like a cartoon style wedding ring. It is way too ringlike to be just a cut off pole. I think it is just lost theme,like most of the other stories related to the haunted mansion. I've got a real good close up somewhere around here if I can find it I'll post it.

raven

lamarvenoy said:
I don't buy the cut off pole story. Anyone who has seen it will attest it is small but the "diamond" part was clearly cast as part of the rest of the ring.It looks like a cartoon style wedding ring. It is way too ringlike to be just a cut off pole. I think it is just lost theme,like most of the other stories related to the haunted mansion. I've got a real good close up somewhere around here if I can find it I'll post it.

Follow the link above for great photos and stories on it. You will clearly see why it is an old pole. There are way too many other holes in the same area of equal distance from each other for it not to make sence. :wave:

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
lamarvenoy said:

i'm really leaning this way too... but i don't know the facts...

sdguy1234

Account Suspended
One interesting fact that you all have over looked is that the Chair in the WDW version of the haunted mansion in the endless hallway room, is in the shape of donald duck. It takes a while to see it, but its clearly donald ducks portrait on the chair.

The mansion itself has great attention to detail. If you watch closely at night, you will see strange lights coming from the conservatory, and the bride wanders throught the mansion, you can tell by the illumination of a gandle glow in the mansion windows.

The Tombstones of the mansion are the names of the imagineers who created the place.

There were disagreements between the imagineers on whether the mansion should be fun, or scary. So the imagineers drew up there own set of plans for the mansion. Thats why the beginning of the ride is more scary, and from the ballroom on, the mansion is more kooky and funny.

The things on the roof are not chess pieces, so dont even bring that dumb rumor up.

The knight in the endless hallway was actually a real person who jumped out at people, but it scared way too many, and people begun getting out of the doombuggies, so they replaced it with an anamatronic.

There is an error in the ballroom scene, the women are leading the men, instead of vice versa.

Ok I think Im done.

Bri@n

monorail_man

Account Suspended
nicholas said:

That has been comfirme as false. Eaither way, a dictionary or encyclopedia, the book is open to a page closer to the end of the book. the "D"'s would be toward the front of the book. I have heard many CM's say it is the "G" volume of an encyclopedia set and is opened to the word "GHOST"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom