Rainforest vs T-Rex

mitchk

I'm glad I found this Thread, I went to the T-Rex in Nov'08, at 7:00 pm, and the wait was 115 min :eek: I'm going to the World next week, and after reading your reviews, I will Deff. check it out. Oh, so do they take ADR's, and call ahead?, because in Nov, we called the day we wanted to go, and they said we don't take reservations:shrug:

ErickainPA

We went to T-Rex in December, I hadn't been in Rainforest Cafe in years. We walked up and asked for a seat, they were busy and only had bar seating open, which was fine for us (hubby and I), we ordered an appetizer and 2 drinks and happily watched the room and props change colors, it was awesome.

mickey7879

We prefer Rainforest. Been to T-Rex and really wasn't that impressed with the food, service or atmosphere. Most kids that I saw were crying and scared of the meteor (sp) shower. Our son didn't cry, was 15 months at the time, but think now he probably would. It's so loud when that goes off. All around, Rainforest is better imo.

p00hsurf

Dessert Debate

It really just comes down to who has the better dessert to me.
Even though they seem pretty similar... the Chocolate Extinction is WAY better (my opinion). Plus, easier to share... that is if you want to ;)
Plus, those cotton tinis can be a bit addicting hahaha

majordisneyfan

The food is similar. Here's the T-Rex menu:

http://www.diz-abled.com/Disney-Resources/Articles/T-Rex-Downtown-Disney.htm

Here's the Rainforest menu:

http://www.diz-abled.com/restaurant-menus/Disney-Rainforest-Cafe-Downtown.htm

If you're looking for a pleasant atmosphere with something unusual, and a bit of a show, then I'd say Rainforest Cafe is the place to go. While it's somewhat stimulating when the "storms" come, it's not nearly as crazy as T-Rex. When the storms aren't happening, it's actually pleasant. When the storms do happen, it's brief and kind of fun.

If you're looking for something huge and wildly different, and you don't mind chaos and noise while you're dining, try T-Rex. Here's an article:

http://www.diz-abled.com/Disney-Resources/Articles/T-Rex-Downtown-Disney.htm

lighteningqueen

T-Rex all the way. The portions are huge, yes pricey but you can split several different things and get a taste of it all by sharing. Nachos are humungas??? and we are eaters of things like that. We left some was so ashamed that we did and we don't like wasting. I even had a bowl of the tomatoe basil soup and it was the best ever. Hunny got a chicken somthing sandwich and it was huge and really displayed well. We had to leave stuff well worth it to us more that Rainforest as they have cut down on portions and raised prices go figure

RonAnnArbor

Not T-Rex ---

The food is terrible, the service slow, and the bill very very high (easily double the cost of RainForest Cafe).....RainForest has a set menu that is the same all over the country -- over the years they have weeded out the unpopular dishes, and the food is overall quite good.

T-Rex is best if you are a 6-year old boy and your parents want to keep you overstimulated so you sleep better that night. Otherwise, avoid at all costs.

captainkidd

T-Rex has a cool atmosphere, but that's where it ends. The food and service is horrible.

Rainforest has far better food and service.

Though the service is almost always crappy at Planet Hollywood, they by far have better food than either Rainforest or T-Rex.

captainkidd

Rainforest is just industrial cafeteria slop at inflated prices. It's for people who like is 2 ibs of fries, and a cup of industrial cheese sauce on their sandwitch.

-dave

I found the exact opposite to be true. Rainforest's pot roast is very good. I had the lasagne at T-Rex, and it was by far the worst meal I had.

sweetpee_1993

To the OP, if you like to do stuff on vacations that you've never done before try TRex.

My personal review: We have 2 Rainforest Cafes within a couple hours of us (Galveston Island & Houston). We've been to both multiple times. We've been to Rainforest at AK and in Niagara Falls, Canada. We will always choose TRex over Rainforest just because we can't do that at home. I've been to TRex twice: first time in January this year & second time in the last week of May this year. The 1st time we had a guy named Max for our server and he is by far the very best server we have ever had at any restaurant we have ever been to. Period. We spoke with his manager to sing his praises, filled out a comment card for corporate, and left him like a 40% tip. Yes. He was that good. The 2nd trip the service wasn't as spot-on as the 1st time but it was still not horrible. It was no worse than the service we had at the majority of our table service dining experiences throughout the trip. Both trips the food was wonderful. We thoroughly enjoyed everything we had. It can be pricey. I agree with that statement but I also see it as dinner with entertainment so I'm personally okay with it. Both trips I sat in the Sequoia Room which I didn't find anymore chaotic during the meteor shower than Rainforest during the the thunderstorm.

And, yes, you can make ADRs. We had ADRs for both visits we made. We had to call TRex directly to make the reservations. It wasn't done thru Disney's system. I haven't checked the online reservation system for Disney to see if TRex is on there. But I can assure you that you can make reservations at TRex.

Have fun! :wave::wave::wave:

disneynut4u

Maybe my family's taste buds are off or we lucked up on a very good day, because we thought the food at T-Rex (chicken fried steak, lasagne, chicken & rib plate) were really good. Our waiter was quick and efficient and we never had to wait on anything.

My idea about meals at WDW is you're really paying for the atmosphere. Considering there are NO restaurants around us that could even compare, we enjoy ALL the disney restaurants. Yes, we had one meal that was mediocre (we didn't care for the food at Cinderella's dinner), but it was the privilege of eating in the castle. we've never had a complaint with any of the restaurants.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom