Rain and Storms at WDW

Marc Gil

Original Poster
There's a storm a brewin'! Today there is a 40% chance of rain in Lake Buena Vista, and I wanted to know this: Do you like rain at WDW? One of the things I like about the rain is that it drives the crowds away. Also I may be thinking about going today. Is it worth going through a whole day of rain? How would you approach the situation?

Aurora1

We normally stay at our home base resort in Orlando for two weeks, so we try to pick the days with the least chance of rain. However, I love that it kicks away the crowds (even in the summer!) and Epcot is one of the best parks for it! We normally don't watch all the movies in each country, but it's the perfect place to duck away when the rain starts!

luv

Central Florida has a LOT of cloud-to-ground lightening. I'm not a fan of sogginess in the first place (especially shoes), but the lightening will absolutely drive me inside. A lot of people on this board say they stay out in the rain and I'm sure they do. However, when it starts raining hard, everyone runs for exits, stores, restaurants. It is the very rare person who goes tromping through those storms. Very rare. I think most of them post here, lol.

God knows we need rain right now, so it's good that we get some. In summer it gets old. But it beats snowy winters!

I never want it to rain when I'm outside.

Marc Gil

Original Poster
We normally stay at our home base resort in Orlando for two weeks, so we try to pick the days with the least chance of rain. However, I love that it kicks away the crowds (even in the summer!) and Epcot is one of the best parks for it! We normally don't watch all the movies in each country, but it's the perfect place to duck away when the rain starts!
I was thinking of doing Epcot today for the same reasons... I also want to hop on Test Track, but it is always closed during a rainstorm. I also need to get my RFID Annual Passes at Odyssey, so Epcot it is!

ratherbeinwdw

There's a storm a brewin'! Today there is a 40% chance of rain in Lake Buena Vista, and I wanted to know this: Do you like rain at WDW? One of the things I like about the rain is that it drives the crowds away. Also I may be thinking about going today. Is it worth going through a whole day of rain? How would you approach the situation?
I don't like to go in the rain, but we do. We made it through Hurricane Deby last year with rainsuits and beach shoes. We only used ponchos one of the days, but for the others, ponchos were useless. The problem with getting wet is how cold it is in the rides. I hate being cold and wet. I also am one of those who doesn't care what others think of my rainsuit. I'm the one who's dry and enjoying the rides while they are freezing and walking around in squishy shoes getting blisters.

litaljohn

depending on when I go I would probably take Rain over heat most days. I have to be honest that when it starts to rain I'm often creeped out by in what feels like a blink of an eye suddenly everyone transforms from normal attire to ponchos once the first rain droplet hits the ground. it's usually at this point in my fantasy I imagine I've stumbled upon some crazy rain fearing cult. for the rest of the day I then make sure I never drink any punch...

PUSH

Rain adds a nice touch to all the Disney parks. I wouldn't want rain everyday though. My favorite parks in the rain are MK and DHS. Just don't make it heavy rain all day. That would get annoying!

DisneyJoe

I've been visiting WDW every year since 1997, sometimes multiple times per year, and have been there many days when the called for rain, but I can only recall one trip when we had a whole day of rain - most storms were an hour or two tops. I wouldn't get concerned about a 40% chance.

We just put on ponchos and kept on swimming.

openendedsky

I don't mind it. Living in Florida, dealing with heavy rains this season is inevitable. My mom hates it when I go out in the rain because she thinks I'm always going to get sick, but time and time again, I prove that wrong. It was pouring the first night I ever went to DHS (and was in December).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom