News Rafiki's Planet Watch is closing Oct. 21st will reopen in Summer 2019

Cake

I’m bummed. 😥 This is the only place in AK you can actually touch animals. I know they aren’t wild animals, but those goats, pigs, donkeys, llamas are just adorable. I also feel bad for all the kids that won’t be able to visit and pet the animals. I think the animals will get lonely.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So, what's the worst that can happen... goats don't get brushed?

1537660895143.png

1537660912760.png

1537660927319.png

Oh, bother.

MuteSuperstar

I actually found RPW a pleasant little area as I mentioned upthread, and I hate to see it closing, but I did always wonder.....are those goats tired of getting brushed all day, every day? I suppose not or we would have heard of some kind of revolt and injured kids (erm...children). I am no expert on goat physiology or psychology, but I figured after about 8 hours of non-stop brushing it must have felt like razor blades.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
This whole area seems half finished, like they took something out and put some temporary stuff in its place, like the whole inside of Living Seas / Nemo.

I thought that was being addressed. Converting it to a Finding Dory Marine Institute look. Not sure if that includes removing standees.

Disstevefan1

WDWs new rule. If it doesn't have a 180 minute standby line, close it. This is how it works. A WDW guest enters the park, sees all attractions with long standby lines, decides not to go on them, wanders the park, goes into a counter service or merchandise shop to get out of the heat and BUYS SOMETHING!!

Captain Barbossa

This really makes me sad. RPW is one of my favorites at AK. I love hopping on the train at Harambe Station and seeing the backstage of KS along the way. And I absolutely love Conservation Station. Besides being a big, indoor building with ac ;), it's a great place to learn about the environment and how to care for and protect it. I also enjoyed watching procedures at the animal hospital. It was very interesting to see what all goes on and how they prepare for it. But probably my most favorite thing to do at Rafiki's is sit inside one of those dark, comfortable rooms and listen to the Song of the Rainforest. It is very calm and relaxing to listen to, and easy to doze off. :hilarious: I'm really gonna miss this place and the message that it gives.

In terms of what becomes of the place, they're gonna have to take the animal hospital into consideration. I'm sure they could relocate it or build a new/bigger one. Also wonder what will happen to the animals in the petting zoo, along with the ones they kept inside Conservation Station. I know this probably won't happen, but I wish they could find a way to still use the train.

Sonconato

This really makes me sad. RPW is one of my favorites at AK. I love hopping on the train at Harambe Station and seeing the backstage of KS along the way. And I absolutely love Conservation Station. Besides being a big, indoor building with ac ;), it's a great place to learn about the environment and how to care for and protect it. I also enjoyed watching procedures at the animal hospital. It was very interesting to see what all goes on and how they prepare for it. But probably my most favorite thing to do at Rafiki's is sit inside one of those dark, comfortable rooms and listen to the Song of the Rainforest. It is very calm and relaxing to listen to, and easy to doze off. :hilarious: I'm really gonna miss this place and the message that it gives.

In terms of what becomes of the place, they're gonna have to take the animal hospital into consideration. I'm sure they could relocate it or build a new/bigger one. Also wonder what will happen to the animals in the petting zoo, along with the ones they kept inside Conservation Station. I know this probably won't happen, but I wish they could find a way to still use the train.
Very well said. I was at AK yesterday and it was crowded. It doesn't make much sense that they would close anything there.

SpaceMountain77

Actual conversation with a cast member today in the goat area:

Me: Is this area closing?

CM: Oh, I don’t know what I’m allowed to say (gestures to another cast member).

CM: He has a question.

Me: Hi, is this area closing?

CM2: Yes, this area is permanently closing for guests, but we will continue to care for our animals with our Veterinary Services team.

CM3: How do you feel about the decision to close the Conversation Station?

Me: It’s disappointing that we will no longer be able to observe veterinary procedures.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom