News Rafiki's Planet Watch is closing Oct. 21st will reopen in Summer 2019

ryguy

Would love to see a omni mover dark ride in this area. Something that could eat up a lot of people to help with Pandora wait times. I really like the concept of the land with the educational component, that might be a good idea for this area.

If this section of the park gets redone with a well themed area a decent attraction it would push AK to the solid number two Disney park. (I could argue that right now it's the solid #2). If they redo dino dootieville I could argue AK could be the best Disney park in Florida.

Raineman

I have to admit, the most entertaining part of threads like this is the number of people spouting opinion and rumours as fact, as if they have inside info on the inner workings of WDW. There are very few people here that are reliable sources, with @marni1971 being the guy everyone should listen to. Most of the rest of you should stop depending on the bus drivers and CMs working the cash register at Cosmic Rays for your “inside” information.

Hayley In Wonderland

That gives me another good reason to buy a SeaWorld pass. I know that Blackfish was a misstep, but at least someone cares about the animals. The possibility that they are favoring IP and rides over conservation and endangered animals makes me sick. They don't learn from their mistakes, going down the same path as Epcot.
We are thinking about the same Seaworld, right? The ones who keep Orcas in tanks that they can barely swim in? Who always die of mysterious causes at a super young age compared to orcas in the wild?

Disney Maddux

I have to admit, the most entertaining part of threads like this is the number of people spouting opinion and rumours as fact, as if they have inside info on the inner workings of WDW. There are very few people here that are reliable sources, with @marni1971 being the guy everyone should listen to. Most of the rest of you should stop depending on the bus drivers and CMs working the cash register at Cosmic Rays for your “inside” information.
Please show me where I said that my HOPES for a Zootopia area to come were 100% fact.

peter11435

If they are getting moved, then were is the cost saving, beyond the cost of operating the train? I would think CM's would either be loosing jobs or loose hours.
Nobody will loose their jobs. They will be moved to other locations. To fill roles that would have otherwise been filled with new hires.

And yes, less hours as well as is typical when attendance is down.

Rteetz

Original Poster
If they are getting moved, then were is the cost saving, beyond the cost of operating the train? I would think CM's would either be loosing jobs or loose hours.
They don’t have to have two characters back there for now either. Character meets and the train operating costs are the two big ones. Cast was all moved elsewhere though.

Sonconato

We are thinking about the same Seaworld, right? The ones who keep Orcas in tanks that they can barely swim in? Who always die of mysterious causes at a super young age compared to orcas in the wild?
They are discontinuing that exhibit. The orcas that are currently there will live out their lives there, but they are the last.

Jon81uk

I guess as other CMs leave they don't need to recruit to fill those positions if they can move someone into them. Also if areas are reliant on overtime they can stop offering overtime by filling in with other CMs who were moved.

jt04

A decision to build Zootopia Land at DAK would be shades of Eisner' s last years as CEO.

A temp M&G makes a little sense. Anything bigger would be troubling for DAK' s future. Look how long it took to fix CMM. And we are still stuck with Dinorama.

Jungle Book is the better choice.

rodserling27

Can someone please explain to me how a company like Disney is losing money with their theme parks? I'm no economist but with all of the massive and I mean MASSIVE crowds, the up-charge events, raising prices for admission, over-charging for food and beverages, ticketed seasonal events, parking fees, outrageously priced hotels, and thousands of sales in equally over-priced merch...how are they not rolling in cash? I'm not knocking them, I just truly don't understand this.

RPW has been a staple of my visits recently. This is super depressing.

Bairstow

Can someone please explain to me how a company like Disney is losing money with their theme parks? I'm no economist but with all of the massive and I mean MASSIVE crowds, the up-charge events, raising prices for admission, over-charging for food and beverages, ticketed seasonal events, parking fees, outrageously priced hotels, and thousands of sales in equally over-priced merch...how are they not rolling in cash? I'm not knocking them, I just truly don't understand this.

RPW has been a staple of my visits recently. This is super depressing.

They're not losing money in the sense that the parks are operating at a loss, but they are "losing money" in the sense that becoming more efficient has the potential to lead to even greater profit margins. This is important when all that profit is needed for things like executive bonuses, stock buybacks, and propping up less profitable divisions of the corporation, like ESPN.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom