News Rafiki's Planet Watch is closing Oct. 21st will reopen in Summer 2019

MileZXO

3 possibilities here.

For sure there will be a replacement either Wakanda OR they will wait and see the reception for the newly revived Indiana Jones franchise.

Or what about Aliens or Planet Of The Apes?

Jambo Joe

I apologize for the way I phrased it. Despite what it sounds like, I never did think Disney was harming any animals. What I meant was the emphasis on animals in the park is diminishing.
No worries🙂 I hope they keep the focus on animals too. This park is so unique and they need to build lands more in line with Africa and Asia, not Zootopia or Indiana Jones or whatever the Hot IP of the week is. If they had done that 20 years ago we would have parks full of Roger Rabbit rides. Blecch🤢.

Jambo Joe

Possibly I am too optimistic. But it seems the more they build the more they make.

I personally think they should keep building until they see a leveling off. But that is not what they have traditionally done. Time will tell.
Actually what they have done is to keep raising prices until it levels off - and they may have found it right now.

MileZXO

Aliens should go in TOMORROWLAND;)

I never got to see Alien Encounter, as Tomorrowland is now I can't imagine it fitting well but I'm gutted I missed it tbh.

I expect alot of changes over the next year. With TSL I see BLRS to be re themed and all that random shoe horned star wars stuff to be changed. (Path of the jedi is so random)

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
3 possibilities here.

For sure there will be a replacement either Wakanda OR they will wait and see the reception for the newly revived Indiana Jones franchise.

Or what about Aliens or Planet Of The Apes?
Black Panther can't be used at WDW...
The character(s) can’t, but it’s been mentioned before there may be a loophole in the UNI contract for Wakanda. Regardless, a land without the character is absurd, and a park already with a facsimile of “real” Africa doesn’t need a facsimile of a fictional Afro-centric superhero land muddying the waters in the same park.
Aliens should go in TOMORROWLAND;)
The xenomorph should come out of Stitch.

eddie104

The character(s) can’t, but it’s been mentioned before there may be a loophole in the UNI contract for Wakanda. Regardless, a land without the character is absurd, and a park already with a facsimile of “real” Africa doesn’t need a facsimile of a fictional Afro-centric superhero land muddying the waters in the same park.

The xenomorph should come out of Stitch.
Interesting that Wakanda and Black Panther seems to be just as popular of a request as Zootopia on this forum concerning AK.

brb1006

While I respect your opinion, I disagree. People originally thought Pandora wouldn’t work, but it did. And Zootopia is a less outlandish concept than Pandora. If done right, it would be able to seemlessly fit in with the rest of the park. It would be a good way to have a bit of worldbulding for the movies, (and a bit of education) showing how a city full of anthro animals instead of people would function.

MileZXO

Wakanda can be used but the character black panther cannot, there's plenty of room for a Wakanda experience and it would work without the character if it just focuses on the wildlife and architecture/music.

Dinoland USA is alot more out of place than Wakanda being there. It's a concrete mess of a land.

Rteetz

Original Poster
Wakanda can be used but the character black panther cannot, there's plenty of room for a Wakanda experience and it would work without the character if it just focuses on the wildlife and architecture/music.

Dinoland USA is alot more out of place than Wakanda being there. It's a concrete mess of a land.
No, not it is not. Wakanda without Black Panther would only confuse guests further. Wakanda is in Africa, AK already has Africa.

FigmentJedi

There's no real point to doing Wakanda if you can't have Black Panther or any of his supporting cast. And Wakanda itself is more defined by technology and the futuristic urban setting then nature.

Dinoland's rundown fossil town setting is more consistent with the rustic small towns of Harambe and Anandapur then you think. It's just you know, they ended up going all in on a tacky roadside carnival that doesn't fully mesh with that fossil town/roadside dinosaur attraction vibe they were trying to go for.

Princess Leia

Wakanda and Zootopia do not belong in AK. They would both fit in DHS, but that’s all moot since a) Wakanda is tied to BP, who is tied to Universal and b) we’ve been told that Zootopia isn’t coming to the parks in the foreseeable future.

I would love to see Disney figure out how to use T’Challa and Co at one of the parks, but it’s not going to be AK ever. And Zootopia could make an interesting attraction somewhere, but AK is not the place to do it.

Tick Tock

Here's my personal opinion, whether it be right or wrong. There's a subset of the user base here who are very pro-Zootopia. It could be my own perception, but it feels like they only come out and post when the subject is Zootopia, or when they feel like it should be Zootopia-focused. My opinion is also that the majority of the people here are fans of either the entirety of the Disney canon, or at least of the entirety of Walt Disney World.

I'm not saying that any perspective is right or wrong. What I am saying is that if you continuously try to drive the conversation onto a specific sub-topic, people might get irritated.

Again, just me.
No, it's not just you. A small handful of people here have driven that movie into the ground so heavily, that I now officially hate hearing it's name mentioned. That's sad really, because I actually enjoyed it very much when I watched it at the theater. But the super fans who won't shut the heck up about it for 3-seconds have driven any joy surrounding this movie completely into oblivion.

@Zootopia Dude , @NickWilde , .... we are NOT making fun of you for liking this movie or wanting a land outta it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and tastes. I am glad this movie has brought you so much happiness, and there is nothing wrong with that. But for the love of holy heck, GIVE. IT. A. FLIPPIN', REST! -Thank you.

Club Cooloholic

No, it's not just you. A small handful of people here have driven that ******* movie into the ground so heavily, that I now officially hate hearing it's name mentioned. That's sad really, because I actually enjoyed it very much when I watched it at the theater. But the super fans who won't shut the heck up about it for 3-seconds have driven any joy surrounding this movie completely into oblivion.

@Zootopia Dude , @NickWilde , .... we are NOT making fun of you for liking this movie or wanting a land outta it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and tastes. I am glad this movie has brought you so much happiness, and there is nothing wrong with that. But for the love of holy heck, GIVE. IT. A. FLIPPIN', REST! -Thank you.
I can't help but think..."furry?" When I see these zootopia obsessed posts. It was a decent movie.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I've always enjoyed Rafiki's Planet Watch, as it was both educational and peaceful. And the artistic design in front of the Conservation Stations always caught my eye. (So attractive and unique, that I took a photo of it last May.)

109.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom