Racing At The Track

Testtrack321

Originally posted by Grimone24
Once again please have a clue before talking. Seat upgrades are very easy and with one race are more than paid for. The track is suitable and it does have more room than loudon to fit trailors and equipment in!

Should I give you the roal treatment you've been giving us? Yes. Ok...

DON'T TALK UNTILL YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT!

Get a clue. They can't expand. Parking. Impossible. Poly is near by and the noise and parking problems would be a nightmare. Seats, possibly, but they would be assembled over a few months before time.

And finally, trailer parking. No 'ifs' 'ands' or 'buts', there's no way to fix this but to <---expand--->, wich Disney dosn't like to do now.

Grimone24

Original Poster
Originally posted by Testtrack321
Should I give you the roal treatment you've been giving us? Yes. Ok...

DON'T TALK UNTILL YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT!

Get a clue. They can't expand. Parking. Impossible. Poly is near by and the noise and parking problems would be a nightmare. Seats, possibly, but they would be assembled over a few months before time.

And finally, trailer parking. No 'ifs' 'ands' or 'buts', there's no way to fix this but to <---expand--->, wich Disney dosn't like to do now.

Ha you obviouslly havent been to a race they can fit the trailors because the truck series has more and secondly they race during the day 1 day out of the year and please learn to spell:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

TURKEY

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: slight modifications

You are clueless sponsoring a car is full scale you obviously have no idea and it is the fastest growing!

The track is almost identical to Las Vegas Motor Speedway so dont try and tell me they cant race there! The Richard Petty Cars are stock cars again please dont talk unless you have a clue!!!!!!!!!!!

WDW Speedway: Oval???? 1 mile, 7-10 degree banking.
LVMS: 1.5 mile tri-oval with 12 degree banking.

Not really similar.

Monorail Lime

I think they should take out the concrete and turn it into a horse track. I'm sure Eisner wouldn't mind the extra gambling revenue. :rolleyes:

Grimone24

Original Poster
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: slight modifications

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
WDW Speedway: Oval???? 1 mile, 7-10 degree banking.
LVMS: 1.5 mile tri-oval with 12 degree banking.

Not really similar.

You had better look more closely bud disney is a tri oval and 2 degrees is not noticable!:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: are we!

Pioneer Hall

Hey Grimone...

For someone so new here you should really pick your battles better. You should not be on here calling people fools when you haven't even been here for a week.

You also called me a fool on something that I do know what I am talking about. The upgrades you are talking about would cost Disney tons of money. Money that they wouldn't want to or need to know how to spend.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: slight modifications

You are clueless sponsoring a car is full scale you obviously have no idea and it is the fastest growing!

The track is almost identical to Las Vegas Motor Speedway so dont try and tell me they cant race there! The Richard Petty Cars are stock cars again please dont talk unless you have a clue!!!!!!!!!!!

Grimone, can I ask that you show some respect for the people around here. Since you are new I will assume that you are just taking time to get to know how things work around here. We do not accept the attitude you are showing in this and other threads.

wdwfan4eva

IMHO...I don't think this topic deserves such a battle. :brick:

Disney may have been wrong about building the track but it did serve a purpose for the few races that it did host. On one hand, I think it was a bright idea they had with putting Richard Petty's Driving Experience there. My mother bought my father one of the ride-alongs for during one of their trips to the Daytona 500 (might I add they do stay on WDW property while they're down there) and he absolutely LOVED it!!! It was an opportunity for him because the other locations for the driving experience are places he'd never go to.

Plus, I find there are a good number of people that are racing fans that go to Disney without having it put in their faces with advertising on a car.

Disney IS Disney. It doesn't need to be exploited with over-advertising and such. Disney is already a household name. Everyone on here goes to WDW time after time because we've been before, we love it, and we'll go back. Starting a debate like this looses the true meaning of Disney and that it is magical and you can be a kid again. It's not about making or loosing money over a failing "attraction".

I'm just making a point. Please don't shoot the messenger. :D

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Ha you obviouslly havent been to a race they can fit the trailors because the truck series has more and secondly they race during the day 1 day out of the year and please learn to spell:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

please learn to use punctuation

The Mom

Premium Member

Pot, please meet Kettle! ;)

Internet truism....Any post flaming another poster's spelling or grammar will always contain the same or similar error ! ;)

wed050499

Hello everyone,

I don't know a lot about racing or the race track or stock cars or anything to do with what the proposal from Grimone was. However, I do know enough to see that Disney and Nascar simply aren't compatable. Many people have said this before in this post. I've been to Nascar races and I don't much care for them and would definitely not bring my children there (if i had any lol). Nascar just doesn't fit Disney.

Just my thoughts,
Brian

It wont happen due to this fact.... when the driving experience is going on you can hear the car in the magic kingdom and it is only a small amt of cars. What do you think it would sound like with 43 750hp cars driving @ 160mph for 3-4 hrs? you would hear that @ AK. as far as sponsorship goes most top teams are getting @ leat $10 million a season. Disney can do alot better then sponsoring a car with that money. Also The Poly isnt near the track. the track is by the toll entrance plaza

Maria

Originally posted by donaldduck1967
its not really a soprts bar. its called The NASCAR Cafe. its a restaurant like a TGIFriday's type of place

Thanks, I wasn´t sure.

I see one more reason not to participate then... :animwink:

....and I agree with whover said that the Disney car would be the "pantsie´s car" :lol: :lol: It just doesn´t fit with my idea of Disney and races! :lol: :animwink:

Mr Bill

Originally posted by Mr Bill
Hmm... WDW advertise a car huh? Starts playing with a chevy template for NR2002 season. Check Back in a week they might have one.

Here is the layout of where everything will go.

Attachments

• disneychevutemplate.png
    disneychevutemplate.png
    171.9 KB · Views: 169

Wishingtree

Disney has done some minor advertising on Nascar cars. A Monsters Inc. picture was on the hood of Terry Labonte's Chevy to promote the movie. They Did the same thing with Labonte and another car to promote Toy Story 2. Woody on one car, Buzz on the other. Not a major sponsorship, but I seem to remember that it was on for a couple of the most popular races.

Jim

Grimone24

Original Poster
pixar

Now that you mention something about Monsters INC. being on a car it rings a bell. In the mall i saw a scale model of a car with the logo. It was black i believe! It looked cool and its #1 in sales right now looks like advertising with nascar aint so bad!

Badger Brent

I find it hard to believe that the Monster's Inc. replica car is #1 in sales. Do you have any proof of this? I have been following NASCAR for around 22 years now. I love the sport but don't believe that I should have to push my love for it on anybody. Just like people don't understand my love for WDW, I don't take it personally and tend to blow people's opinions off. It's pretty clear that Disney made a huge mistake with the building of the track at WDW. I think someday they will better utilize this space for something more profitable. Grimone 24 , don't take peoples opinions so to heart. Nascar may be one of the most attended sports in the world, but they are having their problem's also. The fact that they have been barely able to fill the 43 car field shows there is a problem. If you look at the Nascar Busch series (minor leagues to the novice) they have a lot of problems finding sponsors for cars right now. It just came out today that 19 cars are putting up their empty quarter panels for the last two races for free to any willing corp. sponsors. I'm sure there are some stipulations on this. But if this sport is so popular why the struggles for some of the teams? If I remember right, it was the IRL cars that had the most problems with the speeds and cornering. I seem to remember some nasty accidents from the open wheel cars at WDW speedway. The NASCAR trucks ran there also, but I don't think it was as competitive as NASCAR had hoped it would be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom