Qustion about Magic your way dining

Austin1

HI Im Going to WDW for my senior trip 06! I've been to WDW 4 times so im the soul planner. My question is: with the magic your way dining option you get one counter service, one "sit down" meal and one snack per day. My friends and I are always on the go so I don't know if we could use all the "sit down" meals but we would like some. Is there any way you can use some of the "sit down" meals as counter service instead? It would be saving Disney money and be convient for ppl like us.

Thanks,

--Austin--

DisneyBunny

As far as I know you can "trade down" sit down meals for a counter service meal. It's only a 1 to 1 ratio though (1 sit down = 1 coutner service), so it's not really cost effective for you to do so. (maybe in the future they'll allow 2 counter service meals per 1 sit down, but who knows...)
If you don't eat that many sit down meals, you might look into just paying out of pocket instead, it might end up being cheaper for you.

But, to answer your question, yes trading down is allowed.

Upvote 0

DisneyMarg

My understanding was that there was no swapping, even if it made sense financially. My suggestion, if you want to use the dining plan, is to choose buffet meals for your table service meals. You can usually get in, chow down, and get out in a hurry that way.

Upvote 0

DisneyMarg

Evidently DisneyBunny and I were posting at the same time. Sorry. Rules must have changed since we went in March. (or else I never had them right in the first place)

Upvote 0

LaughingGravy

You can make the table services quick

You can make the table services quick. Just tell each server you're in a hurry and you'll probably find your table service will be just as short as a counter service, but with a guaranteed table and really nice menu choices.
We did this three times due to shows we wanted to see, especially at Disney Studios, and it worked out great. If you're on the dining plan and in a hurry, it can be enjoyed. Have fun!

Upvote 0

herewecomeagain

It is best if you make your resrevations for your table service meals. Although you are on the go a lot, you will want to take time to just sit and enjoy your surroundings. The meal plan is a great way to go!!..We saved hundreds of dollars!!!! It would be a good idea to get a snack at your hotel and take it with you if you want a bite in between. We always used our snakcs as breakfast items. The muffins and such were so large that my 3 year old and I could split it, so we would have a few left over which we used in the evening. Generally you get so much food during your counter service that if you are planning on eating a late lunch and an early dinner, you will most likely not be hungry. BUT you do need to make you resrevations as to where you want to eat!!!!!
I wouldnt worry to much about it. If you didnt have the meal plan you should expect to spend at least $400-$500 in food you for a week....This saves you so much!
Hope this helps

Upvote 0

Austin1

Original Poster
OK thanks for the Info. Im still hearing controversy as to wether or not you can trade Table service for counter service. To be perfectly honest it's not just the "time" factor but there are some Counter service restaraunts that we really like. But I think this will be a good opertunity to try some new places out.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Officially...

YES

If all of your "Counter Service Meal" entitlements have been used, you can use a "Table Service Meal" entitlement for a counter service location. As a courtesy, the Cast Member ringing your order will ask you first if that is what you really want to do. As mentioned above, the entitlement is an even exchange.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

(source DRC Folios / Cast Portal)

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

While it's cool that Disney will "let" you make the trade, it doesn't strike me as the greatest idea, cost-wise...

And as other posters have said before me - it is ENTIRELY possible to be in and out of a table service meal within 45 minutes at WDW. Take the time to have a nice meal - you won't regret it!!

Upvote 0

PigletIsMyCat

I think it is TOTALLY not worth is to trade, time or no time. DH and I used the DDP last trip and had a dinner at CRT that would have cost $101! Our total at Le Cellier was $80+!! Even the buffets are worth it, over $60 for two people, all included. While you can get two burgers, fries, and some sodas for $17.
If you aren't going to eat ANY table service meals, I would say don't bother with the DDP.

Upvote 0

dandaman

I really don't think you should trade credits; have a table service meal at the Concourse Steakhouse (filet mignon) or ESPN Club (everything) and you'll see why. ;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom