quick tip!!

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Well If u wanna save a few bucks go to one of there resturants and get one of those refillable mugs. get it in line and they will fill it up for you. then as u walk up to pay for ur meal and drink. just tell them that its just a refill and u get ur $4.50 mug for free. :)

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by JAY-ROD
Well If u wanna save a few bucks go to one of there resturants and get one of those refillable mugs. get it in line and they will fill it up for you. then as u walk up to pay for ur meal and drink. just tell them that its just a refill and u get ur $4.50 mug for free. :)

Jay-Rod, tsk-tsk!! You know better than that! ;)

markymark

I'm telling!! I am going in a few weeks and I am going to take your picture so you will be on the wanted board next time you go!!!

NOTE TO SELF : Well If u wanna save a few bucks go to one of there resturants and get one of those refillable mugs. get it in line and they will fill it up for you. then as u walk up to pay for ur meal and drink. just tell them that its just a refill and u get ur $4.50 mug for free

heeee heeee!!!!

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Originally posted by markymark
I'm telling!! I am going in a few weeks and I am going to take your picture so you will be on the wanted board next time you go!!!

NOTE TO SELF : Well If u wanna save a few bucks go to one of there resturants and get one of those refillable mugs. get it in line and they will fill it up for you. then as u walk up to pay for ur meal and drink. just tell them that its just a refill and u get ur $4.50 mug for free

heeee heeee!!!!

Dont take my picture to the all star resorts casue u'm sure everybody knows me there. I was the only person there running around in his breifs lol

woofboy111

I had an experience with these mugs at Universal too, and I did end up getting them for free! I have an annual pass so I go a lot so I thought it would be worth it to buy some of these mugs since the refils are cheaper than small drink. I ended up buying the cups at Lugies at Universal, and most cups have two holes in the cap with a straw that bends to go into both holes when you're not drinking so the cups won't spill. Well, when I bought them, it was the first time I ever had these cups, so I didn't know any better, but the employee took out the straws that bend into both holes and put in a straw that doesn't bend with a cap on the top of it. If you've followed me so far, you'll figure out that I had a hole in the top of my cup that isn't capped off with something.

I was carrying around the cups filled with orange soda in a Universal bag and it was going fine until I put the bag down and it got knocked over. Since the cups had the uncovered hole in it, they spilled all over the bag, and the cups weren't the only thing in the bag. I had 4 Mickey Mouse Ponchos and a cell phone. Since soda spilled all over the ponchos, they got all sticky, and the cell phone got waterlogged and was ruined. I guess it kind of my fault that I kept other stuff in with the sodas, but the employee shouldn't have switched out the straws (I saw her do it). As we were leaving, we stopped in guest services, and I told my story. They said that the cups should have had the other straws, and they didn't know whey they switched them out. They had me fill out an accident report (which they lost a few times since it happened, so I actually filled it out 3 or 4 times!!!), and told me to get new cups the next time I come with a coupond that they gave me.

The next time I went I got the new cups and they work perfectly, but I never heard anything about the sticky Mickey ponchos and a few days ago, I finally got a call from Universals Insurance company asking if I had a claim. I told them the story, and I'm still waiting for an answer.

So, if you go to sea world, and do what Jay-Rod mentioned, make sure that they don't have any openings at the top of the cup due the wrong straw!!!

PS--Don't put theme park cups in the dish washer...they melt! I found this out with the first ones I bought (with the wrong straw) before I returned them...They gave me new ones anyway!

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Originally posted by woofboy111
I had an experience with these mugs at Universal too, and I did end up getting them for free! I have an annual pass so I go a lot so I thought it would be worth it to buy some of these mugs since the refils are cheaper than small drink. I ended up buying the cups at Lugies at Universal, and most cups have two holes in the cap with a straw that bends to go into both holes when you're not drinking so the cups won't spill. Well, when I bought them, it was the first time I ever had these cups, so I didn't know any better, but the employee took out the straws that bend into both holes and put in a straw that doesn't bend with a cap on the top of it. If you've followed me so far, you'll figure out that I had a hole in the top of my cup that isn't capped off with something.

I was carrying around the cups filled with orange soda in a Universal bag and it was going fine until I put the bag down and it got knocked over. Since the cups had the uncovered hole in it, they spilled all over the bag, and the cups weren't the only thing in the bag. I had 4 Mickey Mouse Ponchos and a cell phone. Since soda spilled all over the ponchos, they got all sticky, and the cell phone got waterlogged and was ruined. I guess it kind of my fault that I kept other stuff in with the sodas, but the employee shouldn't have switched out the straws (I saw her do it). As we were leaving, we stopped in guest services, and I told my story. They said that the cups should have had the other straws, and they didn't know whey they switched them out. They had me fill out an accident report (which they lost a few times since it happened, so I actually filled it out 3 or 4 times!!!), and told me to get new cups the next time I come with a coupond that they gave me.

The next time I went I got the new cups and they work perfectly, but I never heard anything about the sticky Mickey ponchos and a few days ago, I finally got a call from Universals Insurance company asking if I had a claim. I told them the story, and I'm still waiting for an answer.

So, if you go to sea world, and do what Jay-Rod mentioned, make sure that they don't have any openings at the top of the cup due the wrong straw!!!

PS--Don't put theme park cups in the dish washer...they melt! I found this out with the first ones I bought (with the wrong straw) before I returned them...They gave me new ones anyway!

Good tip also.. thanks

woofboy111

:( Since I posted that long post about the cups and my cell phone, I felt like posting this. I just got a call from Univeral, and they decided that their not going to give me anything for my cell phone, because once the cups were in my possession, it was my responsibility to keep them upright. I guess that's true, but they could have a least given my new ponchos for all of that work that I went through. It would also get mickey out of the Universal parks!!!!

Tramp

Originally posted by woofboy111
:( Since I posted that long post about the cups and my cell phone, I felt like posting this. I just got a call from Univeral, and they decided that their not going to give me anything for my cell phone, because once the cups were in my possession, it was my responsibility to keep them upright. I guess that's true, but they could have a least given my new ponchos for all of that work that I went through. It would also get mickey out of the Universal parks!!!!

I wonder if the old lady who spilled her McDonald's HOT coffee on her leg and won an award of 3 million dollars had an obligation to keep her cup in an upright position.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom