Quick Service Dining in Hollywood Studios

coldasice880

Original Poster
All,

What is the best Quick Service meal in Hollywood Studios? I like to stay away from the classic Disney meal (ie flame tree barbecue at AK). Any suggestions?

NewfieFan

Ugh, that's the problem with DHS... there's no good counter service!

I find Studio Catering Company to be the best of a bad lot!

ajt5027

How about Backlot Express? Always been one of my favorites, the foods mediocre but the atmosphere is kind of cool. Kinda secluded too.

NiarrNDisney

For me I seem to always head to the Backlot Express and Starring Rolls one has great wraps and salads while the other has wonderful sandwiches and sushi. :slurp:

I once ate at ABC Commisary and I will never make that mistake again,
by far one of the worst meals I have ever had in life! :hurl:

Rob562

The one suggestion I have regarding Counter Service at the Studios is to avoid the ABC Commissary.

While I tend to go for the more non-traditional "fast food" meals in the other parks, if I have to eat Counter Service in the Studios, it's almost always a burger from Backlot Express, or pizza from the place along Sunset Blvd.

I leave the BBQ/rotisserie/sandwich/fish/etc fast food meals to the three other theme parks.

-Rob

Ariel484

We've eaten at 3 counter service places in Hollywood Studios:

Pizza Planet - Meh. Pretty generic pizza.
Backlot Express - Our pick for counter service in the Studios...but not mind blowing.
ABC Commissary - Avoid it if you can :hurl:

mickeymatt

Backlot express

We ate at Backlot Express in Sept. 2009 and I really liked the grilled turkey and cheese that I ordered.

We also ate at Pizza Planet and I didn't mind it too much but I was probably hungry. And it was free dining so I didn't feel like I was being ripped off. I do like the atmosphere there.

We will probably eat at starring rolls next time.

pacochran

We usually do either Pizza Planet or Backlot express.

We have tried ABC Commissary because the meals were something different but the wife and kids didn't like it at all and refuse to go back. I didn't think it was anything special.

Pioneer Hall

If the weather isn't bad you can get a good variety of options in the "food court" area at the end of Sunset Blvd. There are more options than people usually realize.

plaz10

we normally eat very light at DHS. My boyfriend and I enjoy a turkey leg at Toluca Turkey Leg Co. We also enjoy a pretzel wrapped hotdog and milkshake at Min and Bills Dockside Diner. Top them both off with either something sweet from Writers Stop or Sweet Spells or a giant cupcake from Starring Rolls. :slurp: We rarely eat a whole counter service deal at DHS, just smaller food items from various places. Great park for snacks....but not counter service (or really table service for that matter...) Hope this helps!

disney4life2008

The food at the resturants by Tower of Terror are very good but always crowded. This is normally a day where I eat a light lunch then head to a resort for a heavier dinner.

coldasice880

Original Poster
Ok so we are going to be at HS for two days. We are on the DDP so we get one snack, CS, & TS per day. For the first day we are going to eat dinner at Sci-Fi and are looking for a decent place for lunch. A number of you have recommended Backlot but a number of you have also told me to avoid HS CS at all costs. Is there something nearby we can walk to for lunch? The second day we won't have this problem as we are starting off our morning with the Character Breakfast and having dinner at 50's. So long story short, 1st day Backlot or walk to somewhere else close by and where? Thanks

Pioneer Hall

Ok so we are going to be at HS for two days. We are on the DDP so we get one snack, CS, & TS per day. For the first day we are going to eat dinner at Sci-Fi and are looking for a decent place for lunch. A number of you have recommended Backlot but a number of you have also told me to avoid HS CS at all costs. Is there something nearby we can walk to for lunch? The second day we won't have this problem as we are starting off our morning with the Character Breakfast and having dinner at 50's. So long story short, 1st day Backlot or walk to somewhere else close by and where? Thanks

Stay at the park. Backlot is fine, and as I mentioned earlier so are the places near ToT and RnRC. Personally, I really don't see how the Studios CS is really any worse than the MK CS yet it gets a far worse reputation.

Disney61

As Hollywood Studios goes, you'll find Backlot acceptable enough not to have to go outside of the park to dine. It may not be the best food to be found at WDW but, it is far from the worst!

NiarrNDisney

The CS options in DHS are not all terrible! As of recently (past year) Studio Catering Co. has improved. Once again Starring Rolls had great sandwich's and Sushi, Fairfax Fare and the other restaurants on Sunset are great too.

*However since you have asked about other options as far as leaving the park goes - consider taking a short boat ride over to the Epcot Resort area and try one of these:

Beaches and Cream (Y&BCR)
BoardWalk To Go (BWR)
The Fountain (Dolphin)
Hurrican Hanna's (Y&BCR) Poolside

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom