Quick Photo TR to Toy Story Mania

Danhockey04

Original Poster
First, I have been an observer to this site for months now, and I finally have something to contribute. :wave:

We got to DHS at 8:45 ready to ride Toy Story Mania, got a fastpass then rode so we could do it twice and leave. So we got in and saw Mr. Potato Head, very amazing AA, though only saw him for 5 minutes. Now to the ride, this thing is sweet. First, the ride is very different from Buzz, as it tells you what the point values for each target is and the games are gimmicky but a lot of fun. It is much easier to tell what you are shooting at as there are two people per screen and different colors. The end is the best with rapid fire, shot as fast as you can, which is ridiculous as it hurts your arm really bad when doing this. I'm sure most of you know this by now though.

Pictures were taking over a few days.

n2413906_34293135_1537.jpg

Entrance of the ride

Now queue line pictures, which was very well done.
n2413906_34300686_331.jpg

n2413906_34300687_622.jpg

n2413906_34300701_3855.jpg

Hidden Mickey

n2413906_34300704_4743.jpg

n2413906_34300706_5335.jpg

n2413906_34300710_6519.jpg

n2413906_34300711_6826.jpg

n2413906_34300713_7436.jpg

More below...

Danhockey04

Original Poster
n2413906_34300714_7742.jpg

n2413906_34300715_8050.jpg

There is much more to see in the queue line than just that, I wasn't able to take pictures of everything with my cell phone camera.

Not many on-ride photos, only have the practice round picture and the scores I got.

n2413906_34300716_8363.jpg

n2413906_34310764_4698.jpg

n2413906_34310746_9033.jpg

n2413906_34310747_9346.jpg

n2413906_34310765_5020.jpg

This is a must ride attraction in my opinion, but the line will get insanely long very quick, as it did while I was there. Also, Fastpass did run out everyday around 11:30am to 1:00pm, and the line is usually around 90-110 minutes at that time and as high as 150 minutes I saw.

n2413906_34310745_8725.jpg

Thanks for stopping in. Hope you enjoyed this mini photo update and hope its in the right section, if not, move it as necessary.

kcw

So I need some help from any of you who are pros at TSMM! lol I feel like the queue is really cool, and you'll miss out on a lot of it if you do the FP. BUT I don't really want to waste 150 min in line! So is seeing the queue worth spending the extra time in line? And has anyone hit the ride first thing during a morning EMH? thanks for any help!

phenom1307

So I need some help from any of you who are pros at TSMM! lol I feel like the queue is really cool, and you'll miss out on a lot of it if you do the FP. BUT I don't really want to waste 150 min in line! So is seeing the queue worth spending the extra time in line? And has anyone hit the ride first thing during a morning EMH? thanks for any help!

I have. I stopped to get a FP first so i could ride again which was for 9:00. And by the time i was done getting the FP, i had to wait maybe 5-10 minutes to get on the ride, if even that long. Then when I got out I was walking by the FP area and looked over and saw something that i assumed was one of those "this is not a valid FP" FP in the area where the FPs come out but instead it was an actual FP for 10:25...i was stoked haha.

SWatsi

Yes, it is a very good ride\game. We played twice last holiday and it is very fun. The themeing is nice though rather simple.

I think it all depends on the time you get there and how long you can wait before going crazy. We fastpassed the first time, but on our second visit I convinced the family to go in queue (to see Mr. Potato Head). I almost regretted that.
My dad was being driven insane by the wait - he is very impatient and very much a 'doer' and must always be doing something (he almost lost it waiting for Soarin' too...). :lol:
It didn't help that all our rides that morning at Animal Kingdom were shortish lines (Kali - 10min, EE - 20min, Safari - walk-on, Dinosaur - 20min) compared to 1hr 50min at TTMM.

Personally I don't mind the wait. Me, Mom and my sister played eye-spy - which is rather easy considering all the props. :lol: But I do think the wait impaired my skills as I got a lower score the 2nd time. :lol:
I guess if you are quick off the mark you can get there first thing and hopefully the line won't be too long???

The queue is alot of fun, not sure if it is 150 min. worth, Personally I wouldn't wait more than 45 min., there are lots of great details. The worst part of the FP line is you bypass Mr. Potato Head, if this isn't a big deal then go for FP.

To the OP thanks for the pics.

SAV

Yeah, Missing Potato Head in the FP line kinda stinks, but luckily we got to see it right at opening the first trip through. Is it worth a 150 min wait...ummm No. Not even close.

MickeyspalJim

We had a wait of about 90 mins. and it did seem a bit extreem. There is alot to see, but with the line going back and forth in the same area, You could have seen it in less time. I think if You had that long of a wait, and the line moved from spot to spot quicker, it would not have seemed as bad. There were times when You did not move at all, and that becomes a problem. When You hear Mister Potatoe Heads routine more than 5 times, while waiting, it is too long of a wait. The actual sitdown part of the ride is fantastic! Nothing like Buzz Lightyears version, where You really spin around and get jerked about. This ride stops in front of what You are shooting at and gives You time to shoot around alot before You go to the next scene to start shooting again. Lots of Fun, and great technology too!

SAV

Tell me about it... The highest I got was 179,990. Every time I was in the 170 K's but couldn't get into the 180's.

SewIn2Disney

There's another thread on how to consistantly score over the 200,000 mark on here---I'm sure if you do a quick search you'll find it.

Can someone help me now? I don't see a hidden mickey in that one pic---can someone point it out to me?

blm07

Swweeeet! The font they use for the Top 3 is similar to a NES font, maybe like the Sesame Street game :ROFLOL:

EpcotServo

Swweeeet! The font they use for the Top 3 is similar to a NES font, maybe like the Sesame Street game :ROFLOL:
Yeah, cool story I heard: They were orginally going to be the old gameboys, but Nintendo refused to let WDI use it's likeness.
:hammer:

Still, the font is very nintendo-esque.
:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom